Sign in to follow this  
AloneGuy

What Are You Eating?

I'm starving and I wish I new what to have for breakfast, I work in a complex where there is a large food court and the problem is that in this time of year just before the Holiday's all the restaurant have good specials they are making it so hard to choose. so I guess my only solution is of course to try them all and forget about dieting now it would be my new resolution in the New Year and probably a must, after all those calories intake.

So I was planning on having roasted veggies for dinner. I got out a head of cauliflower and cut it into florets, and did the same with a head of broccoli. Then I got out an onion...and realised that I would have to peel it, then cut off the root end, then chunk it up, causing me to cry all the oniontears. Then I looked at the oven and realized I forgot to turn it on to preheat. And then I remembered I had a bottle of ranch dressing in the fridge. So I got out the ranch dressing, dumped some on the cutting board, and dipped the raw broccoli and cauliflower in it as I ate. That's what I had for dinner.

Related: I'm single.

Tomorrow I'm going to make chicken soup with kale. When I think of chicken soup with kale, my facial expression is something like this: :-|

I think I need some new recipes.

The challenge of cooking for one - it's hard, I'm single and I live alone. I love cooking but I find so much work to make a nice meal......for one.

I never really follow recipes for cooking but I like to get ideas. Jamie Oliver's cook books are lots of one pan wonders which is good for us singletons. Also another thing that I do is a buy a bag of onions and peel and chop them all and then freeze them in little bundles. Same with garlic, cos it gets on your hands and then u smell like garlic fingers for days,

Spiraling, that's all my kids will eat, they won't eat the canned kind (I know, somehow I raised alien children). One of mine used to eat frozen fish sticks - still frozen!

Made chicken quesadillas.... with waaaay too much guacamole and sour cream on mine, anyway. And Doritos on the side, of course.

Spiraling, that's all my kids will eat, they won't eat the canned kind (I know, somehow I raised alien children). One of mine used to eat frozen fish sticks - still frozen!

Made chicken quesadillas.... with waaaay too much guacamole and sour cream on mine, anyway. And Doritos on the side, of course.

It sounds like you raised smart kids, 20Years.