A combination of healthy diet, physical exercise, yoga and meditation is helpful in getting quality sleep. Yoga or physical workout helps in making the body work and sweat which results in the body demanding rest. Meditation is another way that helps calm the mind.
Similarly, a few yoga poses also help in releasing tension from the spine, neck, and neck. It helps in relieving stress, anxiety, and depression. All these factors together combine to give quality rest to the body. Some poses of yoga for sleep are:
1. Lion’s pose: popularly called as simhasana, it helps in reducing tension from the face and chest. It activates the nervous system and accelerates blood circulation.
2. Ananda Balasana: popularly called as the happy baby pose, it is perfect to relax the mind and helps remove stress and tiredness. It also stretches the spine, thighs, and hips.
3. Adho Mukha Vrikshana: famously known as headstand pose, it accelrates blood circulation to the brain, face, eyes and ears. It boosts focus, improves concentration, aids digestion, and strengthens the shoulders.
4. Ujjayi Pranayam: This breathing technique is beneficial for soothing the mind, and warming up the body. It is a popular pose in Ashtanga and Vinyasa style of yoga. It helps get quality sleep, helps prevent snoring, and boosts the immune system.
5. Nadi Shodhan Pranayam: This is an alternate nostril breathing technique that helps to get a good sleep. It also relieves stress and exhaustion, and calms the mind.