Jump to content

JD4010's Blog

  • entries
    77
  • comments
    177
  • views
    11,318

I hate summer

Sign in to follow this  
JD4010

826 views

Most people love summer. All of that wonderful outdoor recreation! And they look good doing it, too!

Summer is nothing but misery for me. It means itching (from bug bites and foot fungus) and sweat. Constantly.

I don't look good at all in summer attire either.

I can't wait for all of this heat and humidity to blow out of here so I can finally get outside and do things (while listening to others gripe about how "cold" it is).

Sign in to follow this  


13 Comments


Recommended Comments

16 hours ago, LonelyHiker said:

I hate summer too...and climate change will only keep making them worse..

You've heard me say I want to move to Barrow, Alaska...way up above the Arctic Circle. But the ice melt there has really sped up. We could very well see an ice-free Arctic Ocean soon.

We have gone past the point of no return with climate change. It's going to get really crazy--and billions of people will suffer and die from it.

Share this comment


Link to comment
12 minutes ago, JD4010 said:

You've heard me say I want to move to Barrow, Alaska...way up above the Arctic Circle. But the ice melt there has really sped up. We could very well see an ice-free Arctic Ocean soon.

We have gone past the point of no return with climate change. It's going to get really crazy--and billions of people will suffer and die from it.

The really sickening part of it is, the people who will suffer the most from climate change and global warming are the people who have contributed the least to the problem, i.e. countries that have a very very small carbon footprint. 

Share this comment


Link to comment
6 hours ago, LonelyHiker said:

The really sickening part of it is, the people who will suffer the most from climate change and global warming are the people who have contributed the least to the problem, i.e. countries that have a very very small carbon footprint. 

Yes. And our military is the largest user of carbon fuels...as we go and destroy other countries. Double whammy.

Share this comment


Link to comment
16 hours ago, TopekaK said:

I'm with you, Ginger.  Get me to Canada. 

It's been hot as b*lls here too. BUT not as bad as Europe or parts of the States.

Share this comment


Link to comment
On 8/13/2018 at 10:18 AM, Pusheen said:

It's been hot as b*lls here too. BUT not as bad as Europe or parts of the States.

Just cant escape it!

Share this comment


Link to comment
10 hours ago, TopekaK said:

It's got a bookstore.....

Now all I need to do is become a Canadian. 😁

They aren't too keen on letting us Yanks in...and who can blame them?

Share this comment


Link to comment
×
×
  • Create New...