Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Life Has Passed Me By

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 AnonTheThird

AnonTheThird

Just Registered

• Just Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:18 AM

Hi there,

I just signed up because I'm having one of those days. First off, I should be a happy person. I should be. Everybody thinks I am. I am a visual effects artist and I create imagery for Hollywoods greatest movies. Chances are you have seen my work. No I'm not trying to impress you. I am mentioning it because I want to illustrate how great my life should feel. I'm working in different parts of the world every year and get to see so the world. I feel like I have the best job one can have. I also have an amazing family with which I am very close. All that is one side.

But  then there is the other side:

I have been bullied for the way I look for all of my life until becoming an adult. I was a regularly outgoing kid. But I turned to myself more and more over the years. I have never gone out to meet girls and have never had a girlfriend.

This may sound strange but the worst part is:

The worst part is that when I left school behind I was told on many occasions that I am actually very good looking. This made me rethink all the interactions I had with girls and it suddenly made sense and I suddenly became the happiest person on earth.

So how is that the worst part?

A few months after I learned that about my self I suddenly aged really really, really badly and I now look truly hiddious. I am back to the feeling how I felt all the years before. Way worse actually. Knowing that I wasted all my youth when I could have had fun and built the confidence to not care about how I look when I get older. I can't get over the fact that I could have had such a great first 25 years of my life and now the rest of my life will as the first 25 years actually were, trying to avoid eye contact and interactions with people so that they don't pitty me.

I have given up trying to get a girlfriend. I have a few friends that I hung out with but haven't seen since I have changed so much. I can't bare to meet them again because I can't take their pitty for how I have changed so much for the worse.

I know how absurd it is but I wish I could go back in time.

#2 flasquish

flasquish

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:30 AM

Hi there,

I just signed up because I'm having one of those days. First off, I should be a happy person. I should be. Everybody thinks I am. I am a visual effects artist and I create imagery for Hollywoods greatest movies. Chances are you have seen my work. No I'm not trying to impress you. I am mentioning it because I want to illustrate how great my life should feel. I'm working in different parts of the world every year and get to see so the world. I feel like I have the best job one can have. I also have an amazing family with which I am very close. All that is one side.

But  then there is the other side:

I have been bullied for the way I look for all of my life until becoming an adult. I was a regularly outgoing kid. But I turned to myself more and more over the years. I have never gone out to meet girls and have never had a girlfriend.

This may sound strange but the worst part is:

The worst part is that when I left school behind I was told on many occasions that I am actually very good looking. This made me rethink all the interactions I had with girls and it suddenly made sense and I suddenly became the happiest person on earth.

So how is that the worst part?

A few months after I learned that about my self I suddenly aged really really, really badly and I now look truly hiddious. I am back to the feeling how I felt all the years before. Way worse actually. Knowing that I wasted all my youth when I could have had fun and built the confidence to not care about how I look when I get older. I can't get over the fact that I could have had such a great first 25 years of my life and now the rest of my life will as the first 25 years actually were, trying to avoid eye contact and interactions with people so that they don't pitty me.

I have given up trying to get a girlfriend. I have a few friends that I hung out with but haven't seen since I have changed so much. I can't bare to meet them again because I can't take their pitty for how I have changed so much for the worse.

I know how absurd it is but I wish I could go back in time.

HI Anonthethird,

Welcome to the forums! You sound like you do have an exciting career and life. Trying to start and keep a relationship is hard no matter how you look. But if your looks are making you feel down, and it happened suddenly, go to your doctor and make sure everything is ok. It is normal to look back at your life, this is where you've come from. Now that you're an adult and working in a career you like, you can take pride in the fact that you accomplished something big. Being bullied as a child is very tough, I was bullied a lot as well. But when you get older and more sure of yourself, you do start to realize that you control your destiny, not the words and actions of bullies from your past. I have the satisfaction of being successful while knowing the bullies in my past are not. They have criminal records and can't even get a regular job. So now life will be their bullies. My life is not defined by them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users