Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

I have a constant knot in my stomach

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 flippingout

flippingout

Gold Member

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 11:45 AM

My anxiety has been very high lately, and I'm having quite a few panic attacks. I feel like my body is always on edge. I'm even having troubles sleeping. My next NP appointment is in 2 weeks, not sure if I should wait or tell her earlier. I am not on anything for my panic attacks, only a mood stabilizer for my BP.
Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'
Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.
-Family Guy

#2 jabberjaws

jabberjaws

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 12:09 PM

I'm going through the same thing. But mine would wear off later in the day most of the time, I'd get only 3 hours sleep each night. I'd go see the Doctor I did he increased my medicine (Geodon). It seemed to help the sleep but still waiting for the Anxiety to stabilize. Good Luck!

#3 EvinLejonhjarta

EvinLejonhjarta

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,577 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 01:30 PM

"I have a constant knot in my stomach, that I can't seem to get rid of..."

wow that title of topic is so real to me! I am feeling it now!

:hearts:

Evin
Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.
--- Kahlil Gibran

You have to be strong. Strength of heart will carry you through the hardest of trials.

#4 cinnamona666

cinnamona666

Gold Member

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 01:44 PM

i think you should call her earlier.. because that SUCKS!!. i have felt a bit like that recently.. just so edgy and uncomfortable in my life. how many panic attacks? im sorry julie *hugs* have you taken benzos? have you ever taken buspar? there is something out there. feeling edgy like that just sucks!!
nothing is forever; nothing stays the same
even if you desire it to

^_^

<3laura

i anti-endorse any advertising below my icon =P

#5 flippingout

flippingout

Gold Member

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 03:20 PM

Thanks guys. As far as I know, no medical issues. Although my blood pressure has been higher than normal for me.. its usually 110/70, but lately its been 135/85. I think its mostly due to anxiety.

I ended up emailing my NP (because I hate using the phone), and she called me back (ugh). But that was a good thing. She said that she doesn't want to adjust my medications until she sees me next, which is unfortunately in two weeks. I told her that the lamictal, accordign to my husband, has made me more stable than before, but I was still having my panic attacks. She said something, which was the first time anyone ever said this to me was, "the panic attacks are somethign we can work on." that made me feel really good, I think i found a good NP this time around. i'll have to keep her.
-Family Guy

#6 EvinLejonhjarta

EvinLejonhjarta

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • 4,577 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 03:36 PM

Yes the panic can be worked on! Im glad someone told you! Im sorry I didnt tell you, I thought you knew already! but, good that you heard it from the doc!

Best wishes!

Evin
Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.
--- Kahlil Gibran

You have to be strong. Strength of heart will carry you through the hardest of trials.

#7 Jkm

Jkm

• Platinum Member
  • 12,591 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 05:32 PM

Anxiety attacks can be treated with benzos, which area addictive, so it's something you want to know before you start them, or antidepressants, which not everyone can take with bipolar disorder, as it can push you into a manic state. I'd try taking an over the counter antacid for the stomach knot. I had one that really bothered me when I started Cymbalta and I was able to eat and not have it bother me too much until I got back in to see the doc. She gave me samples of Acidx and it helped some. I think it was from the Cymbalta, as it's a rough ride onto this med and it really helped to drink lots of water, too.

Good Luck! Hope you begin to feel much better, soon!

Jackie :hearts:
Posted Image

I have GAD. I worry about everything, lol!

#8 Lizzy

Lizzy

• Platinum Member
  • 9,506 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 07:34 AM

Once I added a beta-blocka to my med regime I felt much better. The knot is there today, I've a dental appt this afternoon ;-) off to use the Rescue Remedy!
Lizzy
Any change is scary even when we want it Posted Image

#9 Jkm

Jkm

• Platinum Member
  • 12,591 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 10:08 PM

What's in Rescue Remedy, Lizzie? I think I saw it advertised somewhere......

Jackie
Posted Image

I have GAD. I worry about everything, lol!

#10 Moonlight_Magic

Moonlight_Magic

Silver Member

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 02:05 PM

Ive not had a knotted stomach, but lately i do have an almost constant feeling of dread that i just cant shift. The best thing i have found for it is (believe it or not) cross stitch or jigsaw puzzles. I get so absorbed in doing the cross stitch and/or jigsaw puzzle that i forget about the feeling of dread whilst im doing it. Its only when i stop stitching etc that the dread returns, but it does offer me some respite from it for a while if im feeling well enough to stitch in the first place (i get migraines, cant always stitch or do jigsaws when i have a headache it hurts my eyes which can make the headache worse - aid*****s can be very small to see and jigsaws with fine/complicated designs on them difficult to make out without good lighting, something i cant always stand a lot of mid headache).

The reason it works is because im doing something thats holding my attention and focusing it away from myself and my own feelings for while. Any activity you find absorbing/relaxing may have the same beneficial effect. Im also doing something that gives me a sense of accomplishment (and that can help with depression if you experience it) and i also have the pleasure of being able enjoy my finished pieces when they are completed. That gives me something to look forward to as well as something nice to look at.

Yoga can be beneficial, but i also like to use aromatherapy. Creating a warm cosy safe feeling environment can also help, and then of course there are my ocd rituals, but i try not to encourage those.

ES

Edited by Enigmatic_Soul, 19 December 2006 - 02:18 PM.

"Oneday your prince will find you, mine just got lost on the way and was too stubborn to ask for directions!" (annoymous)

All quotes below by me and whomever happened to come up with them before i did (lol):

"Beneath the pessimism that is depression im an eternal optimist, so please don't be fooled by my seeming negativity!" *ahem*

"Finding acceptance from the world around us, begins with finding acceptance of the self".

"You dont have to achieve great things to be a great person!"

"On the road of life im a sunday driver. Im taking the scenic route at a speed im comfortable with. So if you want to overtake me, please feel free, but dont keep beeping your horn at me, its irritating. Thankyou"

#11 Lizzy

Lizzy

• Platinum Member
  • 9,506 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 06:20 AM

When it hits, it hits fast and hard!

That knot is growing. I've been thinking about keeping chickens but when we had pets before, my anxiety levels rose until I couldn't cope: so memories are there, what if it happens again. At the same time I've been asked to look after a dog whilst the owners are away for 3 weeks. This is what I do- I 'baby-sit' for owners at work or on holidays, long or short term. I have 2 regulars which cause me no problems with anxiety at all. But because I've been thinking outside my comfort zone about chickens, my anxiety is creeping ....... so thinking about taking on another dog that I don't know is beginning to screw my brain up ........ GRRRR! Then my bowels begin to get uncomfortable so that I can't be far from a bathroom .......... and I become conscious that my legs feel weak and wobbly ........ then I wake in the night to see whether I'm still anxious .......

It's across my b elly button region - is that where your knot sits? Am I normal in that respect ;-)

Rescue remedy is a bach flower recipe - don't know what's in it but there is a good web-site. Must look out my bottle again!

Edited by Lizzy, 09 January 2007 - 06:21 AM.

Lizzy

#12 Ajumbledmess

Ajumbledmess

• Platinum Member
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 07:41 AM

I am a bif "what iffer" Everything i do is followed by a what if? BTW I love chickens!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted ImageAjumbledmessPosted Image

"Sometimes we need to hurt in order to grow we must fail in order to know we must lose in order to gain some lessons are learned best through pain."

#13 flippingout

flippingout

Gold Member

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 09:37 AM

Lizzy, yes that's where mine is and i also have weak legs, "bathroom" issues, and can't think straight. i can agree.. new situations and unknowns affect me worst. i hope everything works out with the chicken sitting :)
-Family Guy

#14 cinnamona666

cinnamona666

Gold Member

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 11:23 AM

i have that knot right now.. and my heartrate is elevated too. i get nervous like this before every new semester.. the fear that i wont be able to do it because it is harder is just stifling everytime.. ive had this since i was 6 >_<. im ready to leave right now for the first work of the new semester and i feel sick. but i will do it and it will be ok

<3
nothing is forever; nothing stays the same
even if you desire it to

^_^

<3laura

i anti-endorse any advertising below my icon =P

#15 Lizzy

Lizzy

• Platinum Member
  • 9,506 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 10:02 AM

Even though I know it will improve once I get started on the 'event' which is causing the anxiety, it doesn't shift those knotted feelings! That's what I find hard to live with, the feelings that continue when ever I face something different.

If I'm only slightly anxious cross-word puzzles help or watching TV - but if I'm really stressed then *nothing* stops me focussing on that knot ............ it's there, haunting me :-((((
Lizzy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users