Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Neck Stiffness On Prozac

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 forgtmenot

forgtmenot

ID: 111351

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:33 PM

Hey everyone. So I was put on (Fluoxetine) prozac 20mg about 2 and a half weeks ago along with methylphenidate (Ritalin) 10 mg. I am in college and last week and the first half of this week I had finals so I took the Ritalin every day to help with studying. Well in the last 3-4 days I have had a really bad stiff neck accompanied with headache at times. I thought maybe it was the Ritalin because it does make me clench my teeth when I'm on it so I figured maybe it was making me tense my muscles in general. When my doctor perscribed my meds to me she said to take breaks from the Ritalin occasionally to avoid dependence and to stretch out my prescription to make it last longer so I won't have to go to the doctor as often (I don't have insurance so money is an issue). Yesterday I took my last final exam and so today I didn't take the Ritalin because I didn't think I would need it and I wanted to see if the stiff neck went away anyway. Well it didn't and I'm starting to think it is either the Prozac or I have meningitis or something. When I say stiff  neck I mean STIFF! and it hurts pretty bad too. Maybe it is just stress from studying for finals and everything lately I don't know...

Did any of you experience neck stiffness on Proxac?

Thanks so much!

Fluoxetine 10mg, methylphenidate 10mg/x2

Major depressive disorder, ADHD (inattentive type), General Anxiety

#2 forgtmenot

forgtmenot

ID: 111351

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:39 PM

Also I forgot to mention I have noticed that if I don't take the ritalin with it I am extremely drowsy and have no appetite whatsoever. Is that normal?

Fluoxetine 10mg, methylphenidate 10mg/x2

Major depressive disorder, ADHD (inattentive type), General Anxiety

#3 LilyRain

LilyRain

Community Assistant

ID: 59007

• DF Support
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:24 PM

I have not personally experienced stiff neck with fluoxetine. I unfortunately don't have any experience with ritalin or how it would interact with the fluoxetine. I would definitely ask your doctor about it... you could also go to your local pharmacy and ask the pharmacist there, if money is a concern for going to see your doctor.

Posted Image

#4 rhyl

rhyl

Silver Member

ID: 82579

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:16 PM

I know this is like a month after you posted, but I just saw this post and wanted to ask you how you are...I have had a stiff neck for quite awhile, and now I'm wondering if it might be related to the Prozac. I'm not sure exactly when either started, but it's definitely possible they started around the same time.  My neck is sooo stiff and sore, and I get bad headaches in the back of my head sometimes.  

:cat_jumps:   Cultivate mindfulness.

Remember that everything is temporary.    :1cat: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users