Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Remeron Does It Help Ocd?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Thread

Thread

• PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:01 AM

Does any one use this medication for OCD and anxiety? Does it work? or what should I expect. I do have bipolar but my doctor wants to add this to the mix to help my OCD but I am curious if this will help or not. 

“Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.” - Harvey Fierstein

#2 nickyc

nickyc

• PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:32 AM

Most psychiatry medication help with such disorders, including OCD and anxiety. I recommend go with the guidance of your doctor, but also see if you can start therapy.

#3 Saliency

Saliency

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:11 AM

Mirtazapine did not get rid of my OCD, but because it helped my depression so much, it gave me the energy and confidence to deal with my OCD effectively. I still had OCD symptoms while on it, but I barely noticed them and was able to handle them because I just felt so good all the time. Mirtazapine is probably the best antidepressant I have ever been on. I'm going back to it now after bad experiences with other medication. I just wished I had never stopped taking it. I was on 60mg.

Edited by Saliency, 24 April 2013 - 08:12 AM.

#4 Saliency

Saliency

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:41 AM

What other medication are you taking? For me, the main side effects of Mirtazapine were extreme drowsiness (within an hour of taking it, all I wanted to do was sleep), hypersomnia (could easily sleep for 12 hours a night), weight gain (didn't bother me that much, but I am male) and increased appetite and sex drive (both of which were very welcome side effects). The sleepiness it causes can become problematic, but overall I think it's quite a wonder drug. I've read that it's one of the few medications that works effectively in treating severe cases of depression, such as psychotic depression.

Edited by Saliency, 24 April 2013 - 08:41 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users