Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thread

Remeron Does It Help Ocd?

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Does any one use this medication for OCD and anxiety? Does it work? or what should I expect. I do have bipolar but my doctor wants to add this to the mix to help my OCD but I am curious if this will help or not.

You might also be interested in:

Posted

Most psychiatry medication help with such disorders, including OCD and anxiety. I recommend go with the guidance of your doctor, but also see if you can start therapy.

Posted (edited)

Mirtazapine did not get rid of my OCD, but because it helped my depression so much, it gave me the energy and confidence to deal with my OCD effectively. I still had OCD symptoms while on it, but I barely noticed them and was able to handle them because I just felt so good all the time. Mirtazapine is probably the best antidepressant I have ever been on. I'm going back to it now after bad experiences with other medication. I just wished I had never stopped taking it. I was on 60mg.

Edited by Saliency

Posted (edited)

What other medication are you taking? For me, the main side effects of Mirtazapine were extreme drowsiness (within an hour of taking it, all I wanted to do was sleep), hypersomnia (could easily sleep for 12 hours a night), weight gain (didn't bother me that much, but I am male) and increased appetite and sex drive (both of which were very welcome side effects). The sleepiness it causes can become problematic, but overall I think it's quite a wonder drug. I've read that it's one of the few medications that works effectively in treating severe cases of depression, such as psychotic depression.

Edited by Saliency