Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Latuda Experience

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 yesican

yesican

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:47 PM

I have recently been diagnosed bipolar NOS and about a month ago was started on Latuda. After about a week, it started really lifting my depression.. I thought 'WOW!!! finally a medication that works!'.

Well, I spoke too soon:( I had 2 good weeks and then plummeted back into depression almost overnight.

I feel so emotionally spent and anguished about dealing with this disease and trying to hold onto hope that one day my p-doc and I will find the right cocktail for me.

The latuda also caused some intense internal restlessness. A few days ago I tried taking it in the morning and within about 15 minutes I felt like I was going crazy! I felt like ripping my skin off..it took 2mg of clonazepam to calm me down and then of course it knocked me out for the rest of the day.

Another side effect that has been hard to contend with is facial twitching..between my lips and nose. It's enough to feel self conscious about.

I saw my doctor last monday and he has started me on lithium, a very low dose to start and I'll work my way up.

I don't see him again for another 2 weeks. I want to discontinue the latuda, the side effects are worrying me and I don't feel like it is helping. But I also don't want to go against his orders :( ack!! what to do!!!

#2 johnprimo78

johnprimo78

• PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:11 PM

id watch the facial twitching that is enough to bring to your PDOC attention as that can become permanent even when the drug is stopped.

MDD with  Psychosis

My current cocktail that is working for me

Haldol- 6MG, Prozac-20MG, Cogentin-1MG, Limictal-150MG, Atenolol 50MG

#3 yesican

yesican

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:35 AM

yes, I was very concerned about that- I stopped the latuda...the facial twitching has stopped- thank goodness!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users