Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

I Stay In Bed All Day Everyday.

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 hazeltons

hazeltons

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:34 PM

The title says it all. I spend all the time inside my bedroom, in my bed under the covers, surfing on the web or reading tons of books. This isn't something that happens casually, but most likely everyday since December, probably. I always had a difficult way of making friendship with people, since I was a child, and this problably helped this situation, since I don't have any friends and it sounds wicked, but I'm not sure I want any. I never had a lover and anyone ever showed any interest for me, not even when I used to be better and I often hanged out and this caused me to stop eating and being diagnosed with an ED three years ago now. I feel extremely depressed, apathic and without any strenght, I find it also boring to get out of bed to go to the bathroom, and most of the times I prefer to keep my bladder full instead of getting out. Unfortunately I have to wake up in the morning and prepare myself to classes, for me it's really exhausting to open a subject book and carry out a commitment assigned, so my grades are literally degrading. I don't know if I really want to get out of this situation, I feel safe and comfortable here, no one to talk to, no one to blame you, it's perfect somehow, forgotten from the entire world. I don't even know why I am writing this here, maybe deep inside I just wanted to let you know guys that I exist and I live inside my room.

• FeelinBlueAllTheTime, Rexxsi and apathy247 like this

"…How soon must we all
get rid of love to save
our energy, how soon our
laughter becomes defensive!
O my coevals! we cannot die
too soon. Art is sad and
life is vapid. Can we thumb
our nose at the very sea?" --- Frank O'Hara

#2 Natalie0

Natalie0

• Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:01 PM

I pretty much live in my room too but because of different reasons. All I do everyday is sit on my computer usually on these forums because I feel like this is the only place where I get understood. I'm not going through a good time either with depression at the moment. I agree that you probably just want someone to know your there, so now I know your there. Hope your ok.

• FeelinBlueAllTheTime, Raltamura and apathy247 like this

#3 CyclingInDepression

CyclingInDepression

• PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:08 PM

Hello hazel and welcome to DF!
:welcomeani:

I hate to say it, but I believe you should see a psychiatrist. It seems that the only way to escape from this vicious cycle is to take medication. I am in a very similar situation like yours. However, I stopped caring for my classes and I don't even go to school. To tell the truth, I don't go anywhere; I stay inside 24/7. The psychiatrist had to actually come to my house to see me. And even then, I didn't really want his help.

But reading these forums made me realise that I have to try every means available in order to live normally. So I followed my doc's advice and just started taking Remeron. This is the first day and I feel worse. However, I've been told that in a few weeks the side effects subside and I will be able to live a normal life.

Please don't let yourself selfdestruct. Talk to somebody. Ask for help.

I'm wishing you very best of luck, no matter what you decide!  :console:

Edited by CyclingInDepression, 28 February 2013 - 04:09 PM.

• Imim likes this

#4 Haiku McEwan

Haiku McEwan

Just Registered

• Just Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:15 AM

I’m in exactly the same position as you. I spent most of my time in my room so it’s comforting in some way that I’m not the only person in this situation. No friends, no lovers, just myself. I am incapable of making any meaningful relationships with other human beings; it’s like I’m the outsider to the outsiders. The only thing stopping me from failing college is that it’s a part time evening course twice a week. The world seems completely insane to me and I agree with you that being by yourself can be very safe and comfortable. I like the line in the YouTube video ‘How to Be Alone’ that says “If your happy in your head then solitude is blessed and alone is ok” though of course I wouldn’t be here if I really felt I was happy in my head! Sorry for rambling; I rarely post anything on the internet but I felt I had to let out these thoughts. I hope that you find some peace and happiness in this life whether it be in your room or outside of it. 

Edited by Haiku McEwan, 01 March 2013 - 04:18 AM.

• CyclingInDepression likes this

#5 whatDidImiss

whatDidImiss

• PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:56 PM

Waking up is so hard. Going to work is torture. I feel like if I didn't have to work I wouldn't feel this down :-).

My question is, how do you guys survive if you don't work? You all sound so much like me, is there really people like you out there in the real world? I wish I could meet you all!

#6 CyclingInDepression

CyclingInDepression

• PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:02 PM

whatDidImiss: You couldn't meet us, because we are not OUT there. Unless you break into our houses, you wouldn't be able to meet us :P

Personally, I leech of my mother's salary.

Work shouldn't make you feel worse. Work should make you feel useful and content... Unless you are ashamed/scared of going out...

#7 JBenji

JBenji

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:19 PM

Hi Hazel, 

For as long as I can remember, I've always felt comfortable in my own room. My ideal job would be working from home, but finding any sort of job at the moment is difficult. I also enjoy staying in bed, very peaceful. 

• FeelinBlueAllTheTime likes this

#8 Withnail

Withnail

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:00 PM

I was much happier staying in my room all day every day, doing nothing. Unfortunately, unless you happen to rich, that kind of lifestyle can't last. Now I've gone back to pretending to be a student, and it's horrible. I would much rather stay in bed and do nothing, be nothing.

• FeelinBlueAllTheTime likes this

I have of late, wherefore I know not, lost all my mirth...

#9 Fr3ya

Fr3ya

Just Registered

• Just Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:50 PM

I'm the same hun. I hardly leave my room and I love my bed more than anything, I dropped university when I became depressed so I know what it is like to feel pressure to perform but not have the energy or drive. I've been on meds twice before and they do help (granted doctors shouldn't just throw them at someone who says they have depression but you clearly do) they give you energy and they help out. Currently I'm trying to get out this state of mind but you are right, it is hard when your room/bed is safe, warm and nothing bad can happen. I hope you seek help, talk to a doctor or psychiatrist :) they will help. Just make sure you watch your mood if you are on meds, I was on one type and it drove me insane....literally insane. My Mum made me stop them. Take care and if you need to talk I'm on here much more now xx F

#10 FeelinBlueAllTheTime

FeelinBlueAllTheTime

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:16 AM

Waking up is so hard. Going to work is torture. I feel like if I didn't have to work I wouldn't feel this down :-).

My question is, how do you guys survive if you don't work? You all sound so much like me, is there really people like you out there in the real world? I wish I could meet you all!

Yup, there's lots of us out there, just like you.   I haven't worked in years...went looking for a job at the library yesterday, though.   Didn't get anywhere (the lady seemed like she didn't want to deal with me).

I survive, I guess, by the few people who care about me.   I'm married and my husband does his best to keep a roof over my head so I'm grateful for that.   My mother helps out when she can.   I try not to ask for too much because I feel guilty as it is, like I'm a burden to everyone.  

And I agree...I wish we could all meet each other, too.   How cool would that be?   :)

• whatDidImiss likes this

#11 FeelinBlueAllTheTime

FeelinBlueAllTheTime

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:29 AM

The title says it all. I spend all the time inside my bedroom, in my bed under the covers, surfing on the web or reading tons of books. This isn't something that happens casually, but most likely everyday since December, probably. I always had a difficult way of making friendship with people, since I was a child, and this problably helped this situation, since I don't have any friends and it sounds wicked, but I'm not sure I want any. I never had a lover and anyone ever showed any interest for me, not even when I used to be better and I often hanged out and this caused me to stop eating and being diagnosed with an ED three years ago now. I feel extremely depressed, apathic and without any strenght, I find it also boring to get out of bed to go to the bathroom, and most of the times I prefer to keep my bladder full instead of getting out. Unfortunately I have to wake up in the morning and prepare myself to classes, for me it's really exhausting to open a subject book and carry out a commitment assigned, so my grades are literally degrading. I don't know if I really want to get out of this situation, I feel safe and comfortable here, no one to talk to, no one to blame you, it's perfect somehow, forgotten from the entire world. I don't even know why I am writing this here, maybe deep inside I just wanted to let you know guys that I exist and I live inside my room.

I can relate.  Lately there have been times when I wake up late in the afternoon because I've knocked myself out the night before with sleeping pills (I've had terrible insomnia since I was a child).   I spend most of my time hiding from the world.   I'm not a student anymore, so I don't even have the reason/excuse of pretending to be productive by going to school.  

I understand the feeling of "safety" that comes with being away from it all.  I need and want a job, but I also don't want to have to deal with people and their complaints (which is probably inevitable in a workplace).   Sometimes I'm just content to be at home by myself, occasionally talking to my mother on the phone, or watching TV or listening to music.   I like my neighbors but I keep to myself.   

I remember when I was at Uni...having to wake up, shower, and head off to school.  I've always felt out of place and my campus was no exception.   It seemed like everyone knew how to fit in and be "normal" but me.    I don't miss it, except for the library and a few of my teachers.   The library was my favorite spot because books don't make you feel awkward.    

#12 FeelinBlueAllTheTime

FeelinBlueAllTheTime

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:45 AM

I was much happier staying in my room all day every day, doing nothing. Unfortunately, unless you happen to rich, that kind of lifestyle can't last. Now I've gone back to pretending to be a student, and it's horrible. I would much rather stay in bed and do nothing, be nothing.

I agree.   I'm afraid to get out there in the world and interact with people.    Staying at home keeps me out of trouble.   I feel safer.    My husband isn't rich and he has told me that it isn't healthy or productive for me to be at home all day by myself.   I guess he is right, but I'm terrified.  

I suffer from the "what-ifs"....what if I find a job, but can't keep it because I'm fired/laid off/people don't like me?    What if I encounter a lot of stressful situations?    What if my husband dies or something terrible happens? 

I feel like I'm stuck in a rut, but I also hold on to the feeling of being safe at home.   I can choose the level of interaction with people, I can relax, and there's no pressure to appear happy when I'm not.   I don't have to worry about being judged for my looks or  my behavior.   I have most of the things I need at home, except the few occasions I need to buy food.       

#13 icejems

icejems

Just Registered

• Just Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:33 AM

I sleep all day too, I manage to work 10hr shifts and then I sleep. Sleeping is my coping mechanism, the more depressed I am the more I sleep. Your not alone!

#14 Tribe416

Tribe416

• PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:01 PM

I think the feeling of wanting to sleep all day is a common occurance among us depression sufferers. I have been sleeping alot ever since I was depressed. Its the best feeling ever of lying on the bed with a pet.

#15 Sheepwoman

Sheepwoman

Administrative Mod/Coordinator

• Admin Team- Mod/Administrator
  • 27,847 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:55 PM

I don't lay in bed all day, although it's inviting at times. I have a small farm that needs my attention daily. If it weren't for that, I'd probably stay indorrs and do nothing but be on the computer and occasionally cleaning my house ot do laundry. I'm out of depression right now and it feels really good. I'm doing more and getting out. My social life has greatly improved. I am able to enjoy the company of my friends. I owe a lot to my theraqpist and pdoc for helping me get out of the blue funks. If you're not seeing a mental health professional, you should be. Since (I presume) You ar in the UK, start with your GP.

Oh, make yourself get out of bed and not return to it until it's bedtime at night. Make little goals for yourself that are achielveable. Like maybe cleaning up the kitchen or take a daily shower. Make time to go for a walk. Exercize and fresh air are amazing depression busters. Volunteer at a non=profit agency, your church or another organization. I volunteer at my local Hospice a couple days a week.

Sheepwoman

It is not the life I lived; but the life I leave behind. Posted Image
Sheepwoman

God will give you no more than you can handle. This is all a test to see if you are really ready for the good things that are going to come your way. All this pain is going to come back and make me stronger.-Clarence Clemmons 1942-2011

Everything I know, I know because I love. Leo Tolstoy War and Peace

#16 Locut0s

Locut0s

• PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:01 PM

I can relate. Aside from school I too spend all my time indoors in my room in bed usually. And I'm 30 :(

Life with depression and anxiety is very difficult, sometimes even at the best of times. I agree with others that you should see a psychiatrist and look at taking medication. I've been on a number of medications over the years and while they certainly haven't cured me they have helped me to cope.

• apathy247 likes this

#17 mysadeyes

mysadeyes

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:03 PM

I can relate as well.  Sometimes I absolutely hate people, they complicate things and stress me out. I do get lonely but when I tried to get out and be more social it didn't help things. I find peace in the solitude and find that people depress me even more sometimes. But it isn't healthy to be in bed alll the time, you know that. So even if you aren't social try to get out for a walk or something, enjoy the outdoors, maybe it will make you feel less depressed, you don't even have to socialize. But get up :))

#18 seasons

seasons

• PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:47 PM

This is my life, or at least the direction it's quickly moving in.
  • apathy247 likes this

#19 apathy247

apathy247

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:44 AM

I stay in bed pretty much all day everyday. One a week I may go outside or do the occasional yoga class. This has been going on since the summer. I have stopped answering my phone... Every 10 days I check because I feel a bit guilty. I don't have the strength to end my life through suicide so I am just ending my life by self destructing. I am living with my parents. Today my dad cried because it's another day I wouldn't get out of bed... I hardly cared. My dad fell and he is 73 which could be a serious deal and I hardly reacted. I feel like a sociopath because I'm totally manipulating and screwing up my parents lives, but I don't care about anything--I have given up. Yes I'm on meds and I have a therapist but I'm the only one that can ultimately help myself... But the point is I give up. When I hear of people who died I wish it were me...give my organs to someone who would appreciate them.

#20 YouAreTheUniverse

YouAreTheUniverse

Just Registered

• Just Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:23 AM

I have read all the posts in this thread. Today is the first day that I'm laying in bed, it's 3 a.m. here, no its 3 p.m. Sorry I'm igen Sweden we don't have the PM or AM. I'm supposed to meet my mother today but I've been postponing it since 8 o'clock this morning. It feels good staying in bed as long as you don't care abou having to do stuff. I don't feel unhappy though, I just feel that there is nothing that I want to do. Not even *************.

My advice is, do what you want to do. But just do it, don't be held back and don't care about what people think. And if you do care and are afraid, just do it anyways. Meet the fear because afterwards it feels good having done what you desire. Right now I want to have a girl to talk to, but im fed up with Swedish girls, so im going to find someone online. And im going to be myself

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

googleAdSense (1), Google (1)