Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Bp1 And Cleaning Compulsions

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 rmalcolm88

rmalcolm88

• PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

Hi,

I have Bipolar Type 1 and don't qualify for an OCD diagnosis, but when I am manic or coming down or rapid cycling I feel that my house needs to be clean all the time. I feel like it's dirty and get very concerned with germs and contamination. It can get ridiculous at times and I am unable to control the need to clean and de-contaminate my house and myself. I was wondering if anyone else has this problem and what they have done about it. I'm currently on Seroquel 75mg and it has evened out my mood except it seems to have made my cleaning compulsions worse.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users