Advertisement

Scheduled Maintenance:

Please be aware that depressionforums will be down for a short period beginning from 02:00 EST (07:00 GMT) on Sunday 21st December for necessary maintenance. We apologise for the inconvenience and it should only take about 45 minutes.

• No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

When Does The Nervousness Subside???

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 melpointy

melpointy

Silver Member

ID: 490

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:06 PM

I am feeling so nervous and keyed up.  It is like OCD anxiety I keep worrying about stuff to do tomorrow which I had before the wellbutrin but now its like OCD wont stop!  I have klonopin but it is not helping too much.  I have been on this med 17 days now.

Someone please tell me the nervousness subsides??  I took this med in the past but it was a long time ago...just cant remember.  It is this med or nothing as I dont do well on SSRI's or SNRI's.

I am also having to take 200mg of seroquel to sleep again when previously been on 50mg.  

I really need to know should I keep going on this or quit.  How long does the nervousness last...?  

I am so SICK of side effects from meds...I feel some lifting of depression...but I do tend to sabotoge because its hard when first getting out of a whole it feels comfortable just to stay where you are at.  

Anyone have rough start up effects and this med end up helping?

I probably should not of had 2 cups of coffee I am sure that didnt help.  I do need at least 1 cup with the seroquel hangover.

I feel like throwing all this stuff in the toilet...............13 YEARS of meds and still I am not right!!!!

Sorry for venting!!  Just could really use some encouragement.

"We work hard at convincing ourselves that the world is the same way as it was as a child.  We justify that our protective behavior is necessary because as kids we were wounded.  The problem is that through this process we recreate the wounding."  Van Joines Phd.

#2 jimbow15

jimbow15

Platinum Member

ID: 35694

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,241 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:42 PM

Hi Melpointy.

From my perspective only there are always various elements involved, biological, neurological , chemical and  possibly a few more.

Most medications are effective in time if suitable for the condition you are taking them for and if you body can tolerant them (if you are not hypersensitive or resistant to them) Time and tolerance are always a big factor as is suitability.

You can also work on the psychological issues by a change of mindset that can influence to some extent how you feel about yourself,your condition and your expectations.

What is going on in the brain (chemically and electrical) make a big difference to how you feel (correct levels of neurotransmitters/modulations) so it can appear complex.

So give it time, be positive and have high expectations and keep yourself well.

Best Wishes

Jim Bow

• melpointy likes this
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed." Albert E.

Information supplied on Depression Forums by members should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for medical advice from a health professional or doctor.

#3 melpointy

melpointy

Silver Member

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

Hi Melpointy.

From my perspective only there are always various elements involved, biological, neurological , chemical and  possibly a few more.

Most medications are effective in time if suitable for the condition you are taking them for and if you body can tolerant them (if you are not hypersensitive or resistant to them) Time and tolerance are always a big factor as is suitability.

You can also work on the psychological issues by a change of mindset that can influence to some extent how you feel about yourself,your condition and your expectations.

What is going on in the brain (chemically and electrical) make a big difference to how you feel (correct levels of neurotransmitters/modulations) so it can appear complex.

So give it time, be positive and have high expectations and keep yourself well.

Best Wishes

Jim Bow

Thanks Jim Bow :smile:

I tend to be hypersensitive to meds. especially antidepressants.  The nervousness has subsided some so it was not an all day thing.  My hope is for tonight as I have the option of taking 100mg up to 200mg of Seroquel to take only the 100mg and pray that knocks me out!!  Of course I have been worrying all day will it work..yada yada...  The less the better.  I plan on going to the gym tomorrow and for me this is a start to getting out of the house...hopefully changing my outlook on life somewhat.  With winter and depression I have been laying in bed to much lately so it needs to change.  I do tend to get S.A.D. on top of the normal bipolar etc.  I am finding napping is just making my symptoms 10 times worse then I negative talk myself.

I have had many changes lately...I became a widow in March and I am a single bipolar mom now to a 5 almost 6 year old boy.  I have only been out on my own since July.

I like your comment about changing the way you feel about yourself...thinking...I know I have been negative talking myself lately.  It is hard when you have to do it on your own...I used to lean on my husband alot.  Now it is just me.

I do think the wellbutrin does make anxiety some worse but I did have that to begin with...I am hoping it will ease as my body get accustomed to the meds.  It has been a long time...4 years since I have been on an antidepressant.

Take care

Mel

"We work hard at convincing ourselves that the world is the same way as it was as a child.  We justify that our protective behavior is necessary because as kids we were wounded.  The problem is that through this process we recreate the wounding."  Van Joines Phd.

#4 JacksonPawlick

JacksonPawlick

ID: 106408

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:53 PM

I'm anxious today.  I've been on them since Dec. 26th.  I told a woman to Go F herself on Saturday---She deserved it but I didn't have to say it.  I wanna ring my dogs neck every time they bark.   My blood pressure goes up and my head feels like it's gonna explode. 

#5 melpointy

melpointy

Silver Member

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

Jackson,

What dosage are you on?  I started on the 21st....I have had some anger issues.  I threw a water bottle at the wall yesterday.  I can only stay on 150 of wellbutrin anything higher intensfies the anxiety/anger.  I think a lot of it comes from the energy that wellbutrin gives.  I found going to the gym today and doing a good workout really helped get rid of this.  So I am going to try to get to the gym again tomrorrow.  I felt really good today.

I think these symptoms due subside..I have been on this before they tend to be a little slow at subsiding too..(yuck)

Will your pdoc give you ativan/klonopin for a temporary help.  I take klonipin it helps with anxiety which I already had before.

Edited by melpointy, 07 January 2013 - 09:00 PM.

#6 JacksonPawlick

JacksonPawlick

ID: 106408

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:34 PM

I'm on 100g.  I won't take any other drug.  I've made it clear to myself and to my doc that I'll commit to two months of this pill popping and if I'm not any better, I'm dropping the whole program.  I'd rather feel miserable than take pills, so there's no way that I'm gonna take ativan or anything else.  I've turnd down sex because I don't feel the same kind of fun, deviant, appeal to recreational sex because this crud is making me so self concious.  Trutfully, I'd rather pretend that I'm not depressed than deal with the stigma and shame of medication.  I hate myself for allowing myself to fall into the med trap.  I feel like nothing more than a glorified whiner.  "Poor me.  Boo hoo.  I'm so hard done by."  I liked myself better when I disliked myself, if that makes sense...

#7 gdavis40

gdavis40

Just Registered

ID: 108182

• Just Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

I personally did not have anxiety or anger issues on 100mg, but when it was increased a couple weeks ago - holy s***nizzles. After 6-7 days on the increased dosae I couldn't focus, rapid hearbeat, anxious even on ativan and depressed and crying. total nightmare. 

I reduced back to 100mg and still feel the same.  It's like a roller coaster.

I too pretend I am not depressed because it's just easier than people ignoring you or thinking you are a drama queen.

Jackson: give it another week or two, if it works its way better than the hopelessness without it

As far as doing something productive like going to the gym, how do you get out of bed to do that?  It is hard not to think nothing will work when you have been on this merry-go-round for years.

#8 melpointy

melpointy

Silver Member

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

Just an update had to stop the wellbutrin monday because I was having continued insomnia and I started having a racing heart...for 3 nights and mornings it could have been the increase in seroquel.  I dont know.

Had to go to the ER and do an EKG and then wear a 24 hour EKG...I see my doctor tomorrow.  I really wanted this to work...because I love the energy it gave me...I just hope I dont fall back into depression.  Since stopping I have been a little tired but nothing else.  Sleeping better too..

I am waiting on gym till I figure out what is causing the heart palps..but I miss it!

Bummed cause I really wanted wellbutrin to work...problem is I cant deal with extra anxiety....or if that was making heart palps worse??  Weird

At least hopefully now I can go down on my seroquel again.

Down to being med resistant again!!  I am kinda sick of trying new meds I am going to give my body a rest for awhile unless I end up manic or suicidal then no more trials for now...I have had 3 adjustments in a 1 month time!  Too much learned that from past experiences.

Good luck everyone!!

#9 melpointy

melpointy

Silver Member

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

I personally did not have anxiety or anger issues on 100mg, but when it was increased a couple weeks ago - holy s***nizzles. After 6-7 days on the increased dosae I couldn't focus, rapid hearbeat, anxious even on ativan and depressed and crying. total nightmare. 

I reduced back to 100mg and still feel the same.  It's like a roller coaster.

I too pretend I am not depressed because it's just easier than people ignoring you or thinking you are a drama queen.

Jackson: give it another week or two, if it works its way better than the hopelessness without it

As far as doing something productive like going to the gym, how do you get out of bed to do that?  It is hard not to think nothing will work when you have been on this merry-go-round for years.

As far as going to the gym...just push yourself....believe me you will feel better...as soon as my workout was done...I felt great...I am ready to go again as soon as I get the okay from my doctor!  

Exercise in itself is an antidressant...your body releases good chemicals...endorphins.

#10 SnowBlue

SnowBlue

ID: 109006

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:48 PM

I'm anxious today.  I've been on them since Dec. 26th.  I told a woman to Go F herself on Saturday---She deserved it but I didn't have to say it.  I wanna ring my dogs neck every time they bark.   My blood pressure goes up and my head feels like it's gonna explode. 

when I did the up-dose to 300 mg from 150 mg, I experienced this.  My brain-to-mouth filter completely shut down and I would fly off the handle at the slightest irrirtation.  I actually locked myself in my room and just screamed because everything outside that room was driving me crazy.  That has somewhat died down, and other medications have been added to counter-balance it.  I found that, despite what it did for my energy level and mood, it increased fluctuations and panic episodes dramatically, especially at the 300 mg dose.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users