Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Mood Swings

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 swinea93

swinea93

ID: 89088

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:18 PM

So three weeks ago I started taking lexapro at 10mgs. Starting this week(the third week) I was told to go up to 20mgs. So I did and things are seeming to get better, but I am having mood swings. I'll be in a decent mood for a period of time then it will go away and I will be back to feeling run down and just not wanting to do anything. I also get an increase in anxiety when this happens. Does this mean that the medication is possibly kicking in and going to work?

My pdoc also put me on buspar to help the anxiety more. I am hoping this works.

#2 LowInOhio

LowInOhio

Community Assistant

ID: 91507

• DF Support
  • 858 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:43 PM

Side effects vary so much by person that it's tough to say. If the side effects are such that the benefits outweigh them, then wait out the temporary ones while your body adjusts and you discover what 'normal' is for you on your medications.

The mood swings Lexapro caused me were so severe I had to stop taking it after three weeks- i don't remember the dosage. I was later diagnosed with bipolar II disorder, and my psychiatrist thought perhaps that in my body, Lexapro was just making the cycling far more pronounced and frequent. Your situation does not sound like mine - and thank goodness for that! I was a weeping heap in a corner.

Best of luck, and I hope the good keeps getting better!

#3 Lise

Lise

ID: 96334

• PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:24 AM

I seem to be doing a bit of this. When I'm upset I can't control it. I feel like a little kid who gets themselves into a state and can't pull themselves out of it without help.

#4 swinea93

swinea93

ID: 89088

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:28 AM

I should mention that I am still having these mood swings. I am going to talk to my pdoc tomorrow about either adding latuda to my meds or a med change altogether

#5 LowInOhio

LowInOhio

Community Assistant

ID: 91507

• DF Support
  • 858 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:11 AM

I'm glad you have an appointment with your pdoc tomorrow and can get all this sorted. Good luck, and keep us posted!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users