• No one should be alone in this. We can help.

Celexa 10Mg To 20Mg Feel Weird

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jenplus2

ID: 90312

• PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:24 PM

Hi guys, I recently was upped on my celexa dose from 10 mg at night to 10 mg in the morning and 10 mg at night. I feel like I'm going crazy is the most accurate way to say it I guess. Granted, I am dealing with another health issue right now that is causing me a lot of anxiety and fear, but I feel like celexa at 20 mg is making me feel even worse. More anxiety, weird feelings in my head (pressure/heaviness). I normally don't lean so heavily on my klonopin for relief but today I had to take 3 0.5 mg doses before 1pm due to an unrelenting anxiety attack. Called my dr and he hasn't called back yet. Anyone experience weird head feelings when upping their celexa? Thanks for any advice.

#2 Epictetus

Community Assistant

ID: 83947

• DF Support
  • 5,379 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:46 PM

Hi Jen,

I wish I could say something helpful here. But I am on 40 mg Celexa. I was on 60 mg Celexa and was cut down to 40 mg and worried it wouldn't be strong enough. I have had side effects on other ADs but not Celexa. I also suffer panic attacks and use klonopin for those. I had a similar experience to yours when I first started on Zoloft. But didn't experience this on Celexa. I hope you are able to reach your doctor soon. Sometimes I feel that Celexa makes me feel sleepy in the daytime. I am also "battling" a serious health issue. It is awful to be fighting two health problems simultaneously. I hope you will feel better soon!!! Very soon!!!

DF's International Suicide Hotlines

Try to love your brain and make it a priority like a good mother loves an infant and makes it her priority.  Try to love your brain like that.  And just as a good mother goes on loving her child no matter what that child does or doesn't do in life, so also try to love your brain.  Your brain only weighs about 3 pounds but works night and day, 7 days a week to keep you and the trillions of cells in your body alive and healthy.  Each day, for you, it does thousands of strong, brave, wise, beautiful, loving, kind and sweet things.  It monitors the sensory output of millions of cells processing data from trillions of nerve cells.  It does all this plus tries very hard to realize your ideals and desires and dreams.  Sometimes it falls down.  But it is always there for you, like the best of best friends.  Try to not be too hard on it.  Try to not "beat it up mentally" for its mistakes.  It is not an all-powerful, all-knowing, all-perfect Being.  But it works incredibly hard for you.  Try talking to your brain like a mother would talk to a small beloved infant.  Tell it you love it, appreciate it and are grateful for all the sacrifices it makes for you.  Your brain deserves love, respect, encouragement, and consolation.  And when it is sick or hurting, it deserves consolation.  Many of us were raised to be mentally hard, even brutal on our brains.  But we can change and learn to love our brains more and more each day.  Try this, if only as an experiment, to see if it helps with your depression and anxiety.

#3 wendynu

ID: 86550

• PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:54 PM

Jenplus2: I haven't had any weird head feelings. My pdoc ups my dose at 5 mg at a time. I've been on the generic of Celexa for maybe 10 weeks, slowly upping it from 5 mg to 15 mg, at 5 mg per time.

I seem to feel pretty good when it gets upped. People say they think I'm doing better in the depression area but we're going higher on the dose because there's still anxiety and panic.

Hang in there, Wendynu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users