Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

100 Mg Once A Day Or 50 Mg Twice A Day ?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Tamer

Tamer

• PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:04 PM

hey everybody,

I have a question, most of the articles i read online and the information on the Zoloft package insert says the pill should be taken once a day. I take it at 8.00 AM everyday, things were normal when i was on 50 mg but ever since i increased my dosage up to 100 mg 6 days ago, my body and brain feel really weird and not in a good way. i'm all moody and just miserable. I do 100% believe that these feelings will pass once my body adjusts to the new dosage but until then.......... can i take 50 mg in the morning and 50 mg in the evening ? has anyone of you guys tried that ? does it make any difference ? all thoughts suggestions ...etc are truly appreciated.

btw, yes i know i should talk to my doctor about it, but i'm not gonna be seeing her until the beginning of next month.

Edited by Tamer, 25 September 2012 - 12:06 PM.

• phadrassy likes this

#2 brighterfuture

brighterfuture

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:07 AM

I take mine once a day between 8 and 9 at night. I am not sure if spliting makes a difference or not. I think I have read somewhere that you can take it twice a day... Wonder if switching to night would make any difference?

#3 Tamer

Tamer

• PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:41 AM

Brighterfuture thanks for the reply and i love your nickname :rolleyes:

I dont think switching to night would be a good idea, since Zoloft kinda stimulates my brain and will probably worsen my insomnia.

#4 brighterfuture

brighterfuture

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:11 AM

I see that would not work then. I have been taking flexeril to help me sleep. Not a sleep aid but it works for me. That or tylenol pm. I am looking forward to all the side effects leaving. I know it takes 6-8 weeks for the full effect so we are getting there.
  • Tamer likes this

#5 lostingothicmusic

lostingothicmusic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:19 AM

Hi!

I take mine split into 2 x 50mg doses because when I took them both at once, I definately had a 'wearing off' effect before the 24 hours was up. I used to take them with lunch, but at about 11am would start to feel really lethargic and down. Now I split them between lunch and bedtime and that seems to work fine for me. The only problem is that you have to remember to take 2 pills not just 1! If you were worried about sleeping, why don't you take one as soon as you wake and then one in the early evening, like 6pm?
feeling happy makes me a brighter shade of blue...

#6 Tamer

Tamer

• PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:52 PM

Hey lostingothicmusic,

Thank you very much for the suggestion .

I tried taking it this way for a few days but didn't really feel any difference. I talked with my psychiatrist and she said I should just give it more time, probably feeling down during evenings and nights is related to my depression not the medication. it's been 26 days now and i'm feeling much better :party: so i guess she was right. but if taking it split into 2 x 50mg is working out better for you then that's great, Thanks again. :smile:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users