Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

How Fast Does Remeron Work For Anxiety And Depression?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Soccer_Dude

Soccer_Dude

Advanced Member

ID: 81083

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:20 PM

Hi,

Some of you know my story, but I will briefly mention it here.

I originally tried Lexapro for 4 weeks. It numbed my emotions and never lifted my mood. I think it did help with Anxiety a little. I was on 5mg for 6 days and 10mg for 3 weeks. I'm sure I was still in the start up phase. Anyway, as soon a I tapered to 5mg for 4 days, my mood lifted a little. Then I started Remeron at 7.5mg. I slept so good and my mood lifted more and I felt pretty good for a few days, then I went to 15mg, felt about the same, then 4 days later I felt better than I had in years. Then my mood dropped a little then three days later I had a relapse. and my anxiety and low mood was back. Not sure if it was Remeron poop out, or Lexapro withdrawal, or what.... I tried different things but just couldnt' get a handle on what was helping or not helping. I ended back on lexapro, and went back to 7.5mg of Remeron.

Now, I'm in 4th week of Lexapro, (3 weeks at 10mg), my mood hasn't lifted, and has been worse if anything, my anxiety is still there a bit....

I decided to go back to 15mg of Remeron to see if my mood would increase. I took 15mg last night, and today I'm actually feeling a little better. Not sure why....

Anyway, I'm still trying to figure out what is going to work, Lexapro or Remeron, or both. For now, I just wonder how long does it take Remeron to help with Depression, and anxiety? I hear that it can work as quickly as one week for depression, but what about anxiety? I'm not sufe if 15mg is enough, but I guess it depends on the person.

Any thoughts, experiences?

Thanks.

#2 Soccer_Dude

Soccer_Dude

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:16 PM

Looks like I'm going to taper off Lexapro. I think it's making me feel too depressed. It's not letting up at all.

I want to increase my Remeron and hope that it will pull me out of this depressed anxious state.

I'm currently on 15mg of Remeron for the past 4 days. I thinking of going to 22.5mg for a bit, then 30mg.

Anyone with Remeron success stories?

#3 TxButterfly

TxButterfly

ID: 83282

• PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:44 PM

I am not too familiar with remeron. I am on Celexa 40mg (which is lexapros sister). Lexapro is wonderful with anxiety, but kinda sticks when it comes to fatigue and mood. I finally asked my doc to add something to my celexa to balance it out. I started on abilify in addition to celexa. That just made me eat all day long lol. Then I asked about Wellbutrin XL. Its supposed to be wonderful as far as increasing energy levels, and mood. BUT, its not good for anxiety. However, if taken WITH yoour lexapro it may help counteract lexapros bad side effects. Its working so far for me, and its been 2 days. Good luck to you!
Diagnosis: Major Depresive Disorder, Panic Disorder with agpriphobia, ADD, IBS, fibromyalgia, scoliosis, endometriosis, migranes, TMJ, Hypertension
Medications: Celexa 40mg, Wellbutrin XL 300mg, Xanax 1mg, lisinopril/HTCZ 20/25mg, Fiorinal, Norco,
OTC/Supplements: Vit D3, Vit B-12,Vit B-6, Acai Berry Blend, Fish Oil, Calcium, Magnesium, zinc, cayenne pepper & multi Vitamin

#4 Soccer_Dude

Soccer_Dude

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:08 PM

My doc mentioned about adding Wellbutrin to Lexapro, but I wasn't too keen on that idea. That's when he mentioned Remeron. The first time I tapered Lex, and started Remeron, I felt good, and got better, then a relapse 9 days later, but I think that was due to Lex withdrawal. Then a couple of weeks later, I decided to go back on Lex. I should have not done that, and stuck with Remeron and increased the dose. Anyway, I'm very sensitive to meds, and had issues with SSRI's before, so I'm hoping Remeron will work.

Thanks for the post.

Soccer

#5 Guest_UKSteve_*

Guest_UKSteve_*

ID: 0

• Guests

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:42 PM

Hi Soccer, Ive tried most, some have worked better than others. Rem (mirtazipine here) worked well for me in about 12 days (with no titration from duloxetine). I started on 30mg and increased to 45 after a week (with my pschc's instructions. I was drinking heavily and awake most of the time (sorry dont know your background), I am finding the sleepy side affects helpful. After 18 days (so far) this flavour of AD has worked best, hope you find the same, for what its worth, I found lexapro and most of the others just kept me awake, which made it easy to either drink or over think stuff. Good luck, hope it gets better for you.

#6 Soccer_Dude

Soccer_Dude

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:08 PM

Hi,

Well, as of late, I've been on Remeron at 7.5mg for some time. Then 6 days ago I went to 15mg about the time I started tapering Lexapro (after 4 weeks). Yesteday afternoon, I started feeling heavy headed, and felt VERY tired. But, a different kind of tired. I normally feel the wired-but-tired kind of feeling, but this was just a really tired feeling. I hear heavy headedness can be from Lex withdrawal, but also Remeron usage. Last night I went to 30mg of Remeron. I didn't feel as heavy headed today, not as tired, but I started to get a stiff neck and shoulder muscles. I hear that can be from Lex withdrawal, but also Remeron. Now and then I get a quick little dizzy spell, which can be Lex withdrawal or Remeron.

So, I'm not sure if I'm exepriencing Lexapro withdrawal side-effects or Remeron usage. I didn't have any issues with Remeron when I first started it at 7.5mg or 15mg . So, this might be Lex withdrawal. I had one really good week on Remeron, but I think that was messed up by Lex withdrawal (first time withdrawal). So, I'm hoping to get back to that point with Remeron. I might try 22.5MG for a while then go to 30mg.

Soccer

#7 LittleSnowdrop

LittleSnowdrop

ID: 79237

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:55 PM

I can only talk about my experiences with Remeron, never took Lexapro. I never experiences a stiff neck/ shoulder muscles. Aditionally I think that something like that isn't mentioned on the package insert, so I would say that this comes from Lexapro withdrawal.
I can realte to the heavy headedness. I experienced that the first few days taking Remeron. So (in my opinion) this comes definitely from Remeron. But it shouldn't last too long. If it does try a lower dosage.

#8 Soccer_Dude

Soccer_Dude

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:05 PM

Did you get relief from Remeron? Depression and/or anxiety? What does seemed effective for you? I've mostly been at 7.5mg or 15mg, but never got past 15mg of Remeron for more than a week or so. I'm right about a little over a week right now. I hear it can take 1-2 weeks to kick in. But, not sure if 15mg is enough.

thanks for your post.

Soccer

#9 Soccer_Dude

Soccer_Dude

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:24 PM

I looked at my notes, and I made it to about 11 days the first time at 15mg, but then went back to 7.5mg because we didn't know if Lex withdrawal or Rem was causing my anxiety relapse at the time. This time around, I've been on 15mg for 9 days. So, I will stick it out for a couple of weeks at this dose I think, before going any higher.

#10 LittleSnowdrop

LittleSnowdrop

ID: 79237

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:21 PM

Yeah, I got relief from Remeron, I started with 15mg, depression & anxiety, but to be honest, the relief faded. Not at all, but pretty much.
I had to take more (30mg) and for a few weeks I was feeling good and then it slowly faded away again. So my PD prescribed me 45 mg, which I took for about a year. The relief didn't really fade away this time, because there was no difference between the state of the faded relief of 30 mg. It was a hard year, I didn't want to take less, because I thought that I'd feel even worse and I couldn't take more.
Now I'm on 15mg again- I wanted to quit completely, so I stopped cold turkey. After not having taken Remeron for 1 or 2 weeks I learned how much it actually helped me. So I started taking 15mg again and till now I'm feeling ok with it. Much more free than with 30 or 45mg. I never thought that I'd say something like that, I always wanted more, but I had to learn that less can be more.
For emergencies I take another drug.
My advice: if you're feeling ok with 15mg, keep taking 15mg. If you still feel very bad, try more.

#11 Soccer_Dude

Soccer_Dude

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:45 PM

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I appreciate it. I will stick to 15mg for now, and give it some time and see how I do.

Soccer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users