Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mango

75Mg Cut In Half

4 posts in this topic

Posted

I started Prozac 10mgs and was on it for 3 weeks and felt wonderful! I loved it. But I don't love the sexual side affects. So I went to my doctor and started on Wellbutrin. He gave me 75mg to take once per day. I did cut it in half to start.. Not sure if I should..its a tablet so I thought for a few days I would do this to see what the effects are. I just took the half about an hour ago and think I will take the other half in the next few hours. Anyone else try starting this slowly??

You might also be interested in:

Posted

Hi mango, and :welcomeani: to DF!

I'm sure others will chime in with their Wellbutrin experiences, but just one thing: Are you taking any of the extended release versions of it?

As far as I know, XR versions of meds -- even though they're tablets -- shouldn't be cut in half, because the extended release attribute is tied into the pill's coating. I'm not sure exactly what the effect will be if you cut the tab, but I just wanted to point that tidbit out.

Hope that helps and that you hear from more folks about this!

Cheers!

Frangi

Posted

The bottle says Bupropion 75mg on it and I don't see XL or SR on there. Thanks for the response!

Posted

The bottle says Bupropion 75mg on it and I don't see XL or SR on there. Thanks for the response!

I realize this is older post....if there is no SR or XL on bottle I think its immediate release. Are you still taking the Wellbutrin and if so, do you take the same amount?