• Announcements

• Lindsay

Depression Forums Are Back Online!   02/09/2016

Hello Members! Please understand that this upgrade was huge and is a process that will be ongoing for a tad longer. Somethings may not seem 'right' or look a bit 'strange' at the moment, such as your profile page or "Quotes" etc.. Some things may not work as expected... for the time being, but please appreciate that we have to prioritize function over appearance. Eventually DF will all come together and be wonderful! It will be as if nothing had ever changed... As an afterthought...DF will be ACCESSIBLE ANYTIME/ANYWHERE
      Whether you’re on your smartphone, tablet or computer, access to Depressionforums.org/forums is right at your fingertips with our new upgrade. The
      refreshing, dynamic look translates across all platforms and devices.
      Come join up, become a member if not already! It’s free to post to your peers about anything that is troubling you.  We are certain there is a Forum for that. Tomorrow we will have a Forum set up for members to answer any questions that you may have about the upgrade. We really appreciate all of your feedback! Your Forum Administrators
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
addict1968

Will Miss Df So Very Much ...

20 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post  

Hi addict1968,

I wish you luck with your recovery, stay strong and come back in a month and let us know how you went. Take care. :thumbs-up:

Posted · Report post  

I wish you the best of luck with your recovery, addict1968. Hoping to God that you get better soon!

Best wishes.

Posted · Report post  

Best of luck to you, addict1968. I'm sure you'll do great and will be better again!

Posted · Report post  

Hi friends,

I go into rehab starting tomorrow for a month. I will miss DF - its been my life saver.

Here's wishing everyone all the best.

Good Luck!!! :) Take all the help they give you. it's for you!

Posted · Report post  

Blessings to you! Please let us know how you're doing when you come out.

Posted · Report post  

All the best to you!

You are such a valuable member of this place. I hope you have a very positive rehab experience. Please check in when you're out, we'll be so happy to see you!

Posted · Report post  

Hi Addict 1968,

Recovery is a wonderful thngs, you are very brave and strong to take that step! I hope that you embrace it and take in all the help they have to offer at the rehab. I have seen it change lives!

Is it easy, no. Will ther be times that you perhaps question your decisoin, probably; but it does get much better. And you know what, often times, substance issues can cause depression and anxiety. I do not know if thatis your case or not. But substance use certainly does makes MI worse.

So I am very happy for you. This is a chance to get your life back.

Good luck to you. You are in my thiughts and prayers. Hang in there. All of us at DF will be here when you get back.

Govinda

Posted · Report post  

Addict1968,

I'd like to wish you luck with rehab, and I hope that your experience there will be a good one. As some of the others have suggested, feel free to check back with us when you get out of rehab to let us know how it went. I'll be thinking of you.

Tomatheus

Posted · Report post  

Wishing you well with your rehabilitation. You are brave, strong, and determined. You will get well, I know you will.

Posted · Report post  

Hi,

I am back from rehab and feeling good - without alcohol after a very long time.

Thank you all for your kind wishes and blessings,

Take care,

Lisa15, RitaBrownEyes and HRiddle like this

Posted · Report post  

Hi,

I am back from rehab and feeling good - without alcohol after a very long time.

Thank you all for your kind wishes and blessings,

Take care,

Addict1968,

It's good to hear that you're feeling well after returning from rehab, and it's good to have you back on the forums. I wish you continued feelings of well being as you adjust to life outside the treatment center.

Tomatheus

Posted · Report post  

Welcome back addict!

I am glad that rehab helped and that you are feeling good.

Trace

Posted · Report post  

Welcome back! I've missed you around here!

I'm glad you are alcohol-free and doing better. :smile:

addict1968 likes this

Posted · Report post  

Thank you Tomatheus for your kind words and wishes. I will need all the support and blessings to adjust with life outside of the controlled rehab environment to stay sober.

Thank you trace for your wishes.

Thank you Shmooey. I missed DF and all of you too while I was away and am happy to be back. Had it not been for DF and all your encouragement and best wishes I would have been where I don't know with my depression and alcoholism! I am adjusting to the changes now that alcohol is no longer there and feel stronger to fight my mental illness but will still need support during my low periods.

Take care,

Posted · Report post  

Welcome back addict1968! Great to hear you're feeling good. Stay strong and look after yourself :flowers:

Posted · Report post  

That's what we're here for, when you need support! Don't ever hesitate to PM me too if you need someone to talk to.

Posted (edited) · Report post  

(((hugs super extra tight))))

Welcome back! I missed this post, but I´m glad you are feeling better. :)

Edited by Helium

Posted · Report post  

Thank you Tomatheus for your kind words and wishes. I will need all the support and blessings to adjust with life outside of the controlled rehab environment to stay sober.

Thank you trace for your wishes.

Thank you Shmooey. I missed DF and all of you too while I was away and am happy to be back. Had it not been for DF and all your encouragement and best wishes I would have been where I don't know with my depression and alcoholism! I am adjusting to the changes now that alcohol is no longer there and feel stronger to fight my mental illness but will still need support during my low periods.

Take care,

Welcome back, friend! So glad to hear you successfully completed rehab. We are here for you always...stay strong...we're in this fight together!

Posted · Report post  

Thank you Purplestorm, Shoomey, Helium and Lisa15 for the encouragement and kind words.

This fight hasn't been easy but wouldn't have gone as far as I have without all your support - your support means so much to me!! I started my fight with the illness with encouragement from everyone here and without DF I would have still be wallowing in my despair. Will continue to keep fighting and hope some day will begin to lead a better and happy life.

Take care,

Helium likes this