Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Feeling So Fatigue And Drained Of Energy Lately - What's Happening To Me?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Yellow Cake

Yellow Cake

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:30 PM

The past month I've been so tired that even simple things like getting out of bed on time or leaving the apartment has been incredibly difficult for me. I don't know why. It feels like I have been robbed of all energy and I am constantly fatigued. I've been living with clinical depression for the past 12 years and I never quite felt like this before. I just have zero energy. Even eating food is too daunting of a task at times.

Normally I average 6 hours of sleep but lately I have been sleeping 8+ hours and sometimes napping on top of that. Yet I feel so weak and drained. My mind is so foggy and I feel dizzy. I don't know what's wrong with me. As I said before I've been living with depression for over a decade and I never this down and out before. What could be wrong with me?

#2 Shmooey

Shmooey

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:32 PM

Sounds like you need to schedule an appointment with your doctor. There's lots of reasons you could be tired. I am currently battling pernicious anemia, my B12 levels were in the gutter and I'm still exhausted after my three weeks of injections. Anemia of any kind will make you tired, but there's lots of causes and your doctor will be able to help you best. I know thyroid can make you tired too. A blood work panel can rule out some things, or confirm a cause for it.

Good luck figuring it out! I'm sorry you're dealing with horrible fatigue too.

The world is way too loud...

Treated for DID and psychotic depression with:  Effexor XR 300 mg, Abilify 10 mg, Wellbutrin XL 300 mg, Buspar 30 mg (10/10/10), Klonopin 1 mg. and 100 mg Lamictal

#3 Every

Every

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:07 PM

Could it be health related, like your immune system or metabolism, or is it mentally related, do you think? Is there a certain feeling that accompanies your lack of motivation/energy? Are you deliberatly putting off eating and your duties or are you finding that you are trying to but it's just more challenging than usual?

Hang in there, hope it gets easier soon.
We will be again, another time
No matter what all the others say..

Break the silence

#4 Guest_NotYet_*

Guest_NotYet_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:25 PM

You need to get blood work done. You may find out that your depression is related to an illness which is only now beginning to fully express its symptoms. You may also have an allergy you are unaware of that is draining you.

#5 Tribe416

Tribe416

• PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:37 PM

Same goes for me, but I've felt fatigued ever since I'm on anti-depressants so part of me thinks that the fluoxetine is making me drowsy but when I mentioned to my pdoc, she said usually it won't have too much of an effect on sleep but I feel constantly tired all day. I'm 24 and I can sleep for 12 hours a day.

#6 Yellow Cake

Yellow Cake

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:00 PM

Thanks for all the replies. Unfortunately at this time I cannot go to see a doctor because I do not have health insurance. I am currently trying to find a solution to that. So for the mean time if you had any suggestions that could give me a little boost that would be appreciated. I try to stay away from caffeine because it makes me too anxious. It is a scary thought that a medical accident would bury me in debt right now.

I've spent the last few years climbing out of financial burden. I am struggling now but I finally resolved a lot of issues pertaining to money. It sucks that one false move or unlucky day can leave me with a huge unpayable bill. I wish there were more options for comprehensive medical insurance for a more affordable price. It's just another thing I have to worry about. I try to put on a happy face and hope for the best but sometimes I just want to give up already. It is too hard for me.

#7 Guest_NotYet_*

Guest_NotYet_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:53 PM

You don't need insurance to see a doctor and there are many small practices that have an insurance rate and an out-of-pocket rate that is much lower. The government and insurance industry bureacracy incurs a hefty compliance cost on doctors and if you pay cash they will pass their savings back to you.

You can get catastrophic insurance for relatively cheap, for now anyway, that would cover any serious injury or illness.

#8 manicmansion

manicmansion

Just Registered

• Just Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:27 PM

You should definitely talk to a doctor it can't hurt. Being tired can have several reasons and may indicate some food food intolerance or maybe a virus. Meanwhile cheer up and motivate yourself a little and then go see a doctor :)

#9 taysmom1016

taysmom1016

Gold Member

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:09 PM

I agree about the doctor, it does sound like a vitamin deficiency or anemia. In the meantime, it wouldn't hurt to add some iron, B complex, Omega 3, or even just a good multivitamin to your daily regimen. I take all of the above and then some (D3, holy basil, jiaogulan, ashwaganda) and for the first time in my life, even though I'm dealing with a depression relapse, I get up and get my son off to school and STAY up instead of crawling back into bed for a few more hours. This is especially surprising since I don't sleep well at night, although it is getting a little better. I'll admit today I feel like I was hit by a truck (still didn't go back to sleep though) but I was awake most of the night watching weather reports for threatening weather that didn't hit until right before my alarm went off! Hopefully it means I'll sleep good tonight... :sleep_1:
Taysmom

Major depression, generalized anxiety disorder, PTSD, insomnia, chronic pain and neurological damage from legionnaires.

Medications: Mirtazipine, clonazepam, ambien, and various vitamins and supplements.

#10 phoebeluella

phoebeluella

Just Registered

• Just Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:44 PM

Hi Newbie. In 2005 I was diagnosed with depression. (althoug looking back now there were so many tale tell things that raised a flag before the diagnosis) Anyway, I was on meds for a long while. But, I made the decision to wean off of them for a myriad of reasons. Still....depression is always with me. I have good days and bad days and just sort of there kind of days. But, recently my depressivce blues really went into a funk and my doctor ran some blood tests and turns out my Vitamin D levels are sooooooo LOW that they are below the acceptable low range. And this of course can cause a whole range of other health problems like liver disease and such. Anywho, my doctor has prescribed a once a week prescription vitamin D pill that is 50k in strength. She wants me to take it for the next 3 months to see if it can help boost my levels and then she will rerun blood tests. It would seem sometimes people who suffer from depression have very low Vit D levels.---So...hopefully, this will help me. I know that at GNC they now carry Vitamin D that is 10K in strength. I agree with everyone suggestiong you take a multi-vitamin of sorts. Not that this is the cure all but, what have you got to lose by taking a multi-vitamin right?

But when you can...you must see a doctor to make sure it's nothing else.

If insurance is too expensive or even paying a doctor out of your own pocket is expensive, try your county clinic? And, HUGS! I don't wish depression on anyone.

#11 Zareena

Zareena

• Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:29 AM

This is exactly what was happening to me as well a few weeks ago. Drowsiness all the time despite getting enough sleep, and a general uninterested feeling. I got rid of it after stimulating my mind a bit--reading more serious books and avoiding too much comfortable settings at home. Try them, might help you.

#12 Shmooey

Shmooey

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:28 AM

Hi Newbie. In 2005 I was diagnosed with depression. (althoug looking back now there were so many tale tell things that raised a flag before the diagnosis) Anyway, I was on meds for a long while. But, I made the decision to wean off of them for a myriad of reasons. Still....depression is always with me. I have good days and bad days and just sort of there kind of days. But, recently my depressivce blues really went into a funk and my doctor ran some blood tests and turns out my Vitamin D levels are sooooooo LOW that they are below the acceptable low range. And this of course can cause a whole range of other health problems like liver disease and such. Anywho, my doctor has prescribed a once a week prescription vitamin D pill that is 50k in strength. She wants me to take it for the next 3 months to see if it can help boost my levels and then she will rerun blood tests. It would seem sometimes people who suffer from depression have very low Vit D levels.---So...hopefully, this will help me. I know that at GNC they now carry Vitamin D that is 10K in strength. I agree with everyone suggestiong you take a multi-vitamin of sorts. Not that this is the cure all but, what have you got to lose by taking a multi-vitamin right?

But when you can...you must see a doctor to make sure it's nothing else.

If insurance is too expensive or even paying a doctor out of your own pocket is expensive, try your county clinic? And, HUGS! I don't wish depression on anyone.

Yes. This too. That's my other major deficiency, Vitamin D. Normal is 30 - 100 at their lab and mine was 13. I just took my fourth 50K Vitamin D tablet yesterday and it does seem to be helping. It's hard to know what's the B12 shots and what's the D. I am also taking a 3000 mcg Vitamin B12 sublingual tablet under my tongue each morning, as my B12 levels were so low the shots weren't relieving my fatigue quickly. Those tablets help, and they only cost $10.49 for 40 of them, so more than one month supply.

I would encourage you to at least try D supplements. Not to scare you, but I've been experiencing severe bone pain as the D is getting back into my system. You wouldn't want to get to this level of deficiency if you could prevent it. When we're depressed and isolating inside, we're not even getting the sunshine to help our D, but also, if you're like me, your eating gets inconsistent and lazy when the depression hits. Convenience foods won't give us the nutrients we need.
  • phoebeluella likes this

The world is way too loud...

Treated for DID and psychotic depression with:  Effexor XR 300 mg, Abilify 10 mg, Wellbutrin XL 300 mg, Buspar 30 mg (10/10/10), Klonopin 1 mg. and 100 mg Lamictal

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users