Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Bullying Hit Home Today....

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 aceofspades

aceofspades

ID: 79607

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:00 PM

When I was in middle school, I worked tirelessly to raise awareness and to help fight bullying. I spoke at every school in the area. I thought I made an impact.

My best friend's brother committed suicide today. It was a shock to pretty much everyone.

NOW there's a new voice to eradicate bullying. It shouldn't take the death of someone for people to realize what's going on.

#2 AquaViolet

AquaViolet

Senior Moderator

ID: 71169

• Admin Team-Moderator
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:53 AM

Hi aceodspades. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's brother. That is tragic.
Much more needs to be done about bullying.
I was a victim of bullying myself, and I know the damage it causes to one's self esteem.
There needs to be more school policies, and laws against bullying.
~~AquaViolet~~
Posted Image
Posted Image

My Diagnoses: Severe OCD, panic disorder, depression
My Current meds: Geodon, Cymbalta, Klonopin, Lyrica 

My Previous meds:
Prozac, Paxil, Celexa,
Lexapro, Luvox, Zoloft, Clomipramine (a horrible med for me),
Xanax, Seroquel, Zyprexa, Risperdal,
Gabapentin (this med did nothing), Buspar (also did nothing)

#3 nocturneangel

nocturneangel

Gold Member

ID: 62195

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:01 PM

It really bugs me that everyone knows what's going on, but it always needs a tragedy before people take action. Bullying is becoming more and more dangerous, especially among children. It's great that you spoke up against it, schools need more people like that.
I'm so sorry about your friend's brother. Bullies are indirect murderers, I don't understand why the law is so lenient with them.
Nocturne

No in elenath hîlar nan hâd gîn.

Posted Image

"No matter how far away the light gets, your heart's voice will always reach it." - Naminé

#4 soreloser

soreloser

ID: 67513

• PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:46 AM

I am so sorry what happened to your best friend's brother, i really hopefully with your encouragement to raise awareness about the bullying is apparent become worse to made them into realization that nobody has deserve ill treatment.

This bullying can be dissipate if everyone's agreeing to help each others out, respect and stop be enticed to do something awfulness.

Their families absolutely sadden who loose their children's such young ages.
No hobby no interest no ambition and no friends...why? Because my life and my very own purpose is destroyed and disgusting the way how to alter my own principle of life by creating vary calamities...intently to hurt me, blame me, accuse me, shame on me, betray on me and cheat on me and everything what i am seeking for happiness definitely return to nothing...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users