Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Head Pain

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Gamerheart

Gamerheart

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:30 AM

Hello I have anxiety and I was wondering is it anxiety when you feel like pressure or pain in your forehead when you are doubting yourself. I been having it where I worry about myself as if I being manipulated by the things i enjoy or over thinking perhaps. I find that putting an ice pack on my head helps and cools my head but like to see it more. Or perhaps it might be that since i do a lot of thinking, might just be the muscles in my head that are overwork so i need to take some medicine to help out as they could be stressed out from some anxiety of mine.

If you need me to be more specific, just let me know please.

Edited by Gamerheart, 05 April 2012 - 12:30 AM.

#2 Trace

Trace

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,085 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:09 AM

Hi Gamerheart

Anxiety can cause physical problems, it differs from person to person. It sounds like you are getting headaches or migraines? They can be common and very much related to stress, if they continue you need to speak to a doctor.

Trace
Listen in deep silence. Be very still and open your mind.... Sink deep into the peace that waits for you beyond the frantic, riotous thoughts and sights and sounds of this insane world. - A course of miracles.

True beauty must come, must be grown, from within.... - Ralph W Trine.

Posted Image

#3 Gamerheart

Gamerheart

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:03 AM

Already did, he pretty much said it was stress so i need to figure out what it is that is bothering me inside.

#4 nocturneangel

nocturneangel

Gold Member

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:46 PM

Hi Gamerheart,

if it's the anxiety that is bothering you most, it is probable that your pain is caused by it. Have you tried therapy? The physical symptoms might vanish when the mental ones improve. If they don't, talk to your doctor again to check if it is something else.
Nocturne

No in elenath hîlar nan hâd gîn.

Posted Image

"No matter how far away the light gets, your heart's voice will always reach it." - Naminé

#5 Moody Blues

Moody Blues

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:21 PM

I suffer from severe anxiety/panic attacks and suffer from headaches.
Been to an MD, had an MRI and diagnosed with migranes.
I know my hedaches are related to my anxiety/ panic disorder, along with multiple other physical problems.

#6 miss_blondie

miss_blondie

• PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:50 PM

Moody Blues, I LOVE your profile pic!! Have you tried anything for the headaches? I too am a headache/migraine suffer- they are nasty. Some things I try that help are- self massaging neck, drinking loads of water, and a homeopathic remedy I've just come across that seems to be helping is called New Era- tissue salts for migraine and nervous headaches.. I suggest giving them a go. I've been taking all sorts of painkillers recently for really bad headaches, but they wear off after a couple of hours, then a friend gave me these to try- they are really good!

#7 miss_blondie

miss_blondie

• PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:54 PM

Oh, forgot to mention. Essential oils are good too- lavender, peppermint and roman chamomile. I come from a holistic medicine background, so I have a few tools and try to combine them to see what works at the time. Everyones different- just giving you some alternatives.. then again- sometimes serious painkillers are needed as well! xx

For the essential oils, try finding good quality ones, and dilute them in a carrier oil (say, almond or apricot), and massage onto neck, temples, under skull (occipital region etc). I find aromatherapy very effective.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users