Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Please Tell Me It Gets Better

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
411 replies to this topic

#81 jonine1975

jonine1975

• PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:00 PM

I'm so sorry you are going through such a rough time JAmommy. It will get better, just takes time. I'm right there with you looking for relief and wanting to be normal again. What is worse for you the depression or the anxiety?

#82 JAMommy

JAMommy

• PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:07 PM

I don't know which is worse. I think they both are equally bad. Usually the anxiety is unbearable, but today it is the depression. I think also, because I feel so depressed and don't feel like doing ANYTHING, it scares me and increases my anxiety. I have two young sons to take care of all day every day, and I feel SO bad because I can barely play with them or care for them. Lexapro is really messing with me, but I KNOW I need some sort of medication. But I have been battling severe, severe depression and anxiety this time since October... like so deep that I don't want to go on. I have been doing counseling, tried other meds, etc. and now Lexapro. It HAS to work for me. It just has to. I need some sort of let up with the depression/anxiety

#83 jonine1975

jonine1975

• PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:24 PM

I feel your pain, I have 6 children, luckily 3 are older and they help me a lot, but I feel bad for my 3 younger ones because I'm having a hard time wanting to do things with them too. Luckily there is some relief for me in the evening, but it is still very touch and go. Today has been hard bc I am home alone and not very occupied, you'd think I would be with a new puppy and my 5 yr old home, but my brain still works over time. I hope that your meds will soon provide you relief, I would ask your doctor about a little more klonopin, it helps me out so much throughout the day and sounds like you might benefit from some more. It's good that your mom is coming, no one should do this alone.

#84 elisaac2629

elisaac2629

• PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:53 PM

Feeling horrible, horrible today. I know you all say it will get better. Just SO hard to believe right now.

Hi jamommy,
I am totally feeling like you today. I just had my Zoloft increased 4 days ago but started Zoloft on march 22. I hope this is the last increase I have to take bc the morning anxiety and panic is debilitating. I had to call in to work today for that reason and other issues but I just cannot keep doing this. I just wanted to let u know that u r not alone and I am here if u need to talk. I was previously on lexapro but it stopped working at 10 mg and I didn't want to go up anymore for fear of more weight gain.

#85 JAMommy

JAMommy

• PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:27 PM

elisaac2629, I started Lexapro a day after you started Zoloft. Zoloft does the same thing to me that Lexapro does... the doctor didn't think I would have as rough a time with Lexapro. Now I'm kind of wishing that I was plowing through the start-up nightmare with Zoloft, as it is much cheaper than Lexapro (we have no insurance). I hear you about debilitating anxiety/panic/depression. I have been experiencing that constantly for 5 months now, trying out different meds, etc. I am losing hope that a med is going to help. I feel awful, awful, awful. Trying to hang in there though because I have two young boys and a wonderful husband.

#86 jonine1975

jonine1975

• PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:56 PM

We all 3 started our meds or increase around the same time. I started my increase on celexa mar 19. Do you both experience any burning in any part of your body? I get it in my arms in the morning and it doesn't go away til I get out of my bed. I just would like to know the magic week number I will feel like me again? Im in week 3 right now.

#87 JAMommy

JAMommy

• PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:25 AM

No burning in my body, Jonine1975. Sometimes though my heart actually burns/aches, but I think that is the emotional ache of wanting to be out of this. I start a dose increase tomorrow. Very scared about it. I am assuming it might be another 3-6 weeks from that point where I start to feel some relief. Ugh. The past few days have been really, really hard. I think I am just freaking out inside, thinking that I am going to be stuck in this debilitating depression for the rest of my life.

#88 elisaac2629

elisaac2629

• PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:45 AM

Hi JAMommy,
I'm still right there with you. I just went up to 75 mg on Zoloft and experiencing the very heightened anxiety and of course mornings are the worst. My skin feels like its crawling. I don't know if I would rather feel depressed or panicked! Don't think about the dose increase too much but make sure you have your benzo on hand if you need it. If you find that 10 mg Lexapro starts working for you soon, you will be as lucky as I was when I started Lexapro. I was hoping not to have another dose increase and 10 mg ended up being just right. I pray that its the same with you. Let me know if you need to talk. I feel like I'm posting my own posts but never get answers and so I feel ignored but I don't want you to feel that way. That's the way my life is anyways..so used to it.

#89 jonine1975

jonine1975

• PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:09 AM

The mornings are the absolute pits aren't they? Today is bad! I thought I was starting to overcome this, but now it feels like I'm in the pit of darkness again. Usually I look forward to the fact that it will get better as the day progresses, but I don't even see that right now this morning.

#90 elisaac2629

elisaac2629

• PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:11 AM

No burning in my body, Jonine1975. Sometimes though my heart actually burns/aches, but I think that is the emotional ache of wanting to be out of this. I start a dose increase tomorrow. Very scared about it. I am assuming it might be another 3-6 weeks from that point where I start to feel some relief. Ugh. The past few days have been really, really hard. I think I am just freaking out inside, thinking that I am going to be stuck in this debilitating depression for the rest of my life.

Another thing I wanted to mention, JAMommy is, to again think positive of your dose increase....just know you are a day closer to feeling better right?

Jess

#91 JAMommy

JAMommy

• PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:25 AM

Am I another day closer to feeling better? Will the med really help? I sincerely hope so.

#92 jonine1975

jonine1975

• PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:40 AM

Am I another day closer to feeling better? Will the med really help? I sincerely hope so.

How are things today JAMommy? Feeling any relief? I try to hold onto hope that everyday brings me closer to normalcy. When I wake up in the morning I try to say to myself, or to God, I made it one more day, thank you!

#93 jonine1975

jonine1975

• PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:47 AM

Hi JAMommy,
I'm still right there with you. I just went up to 75 mg on Zoloft and experiencing the very heightened anxiety and of course mornings are the worst. My skin feels like its crawling. I don't know if I would rather feel depressed or panicked!

I wake up around 6 am take my .5 of klonopin, try soooooo hard to go back to sleep only to feel the skin crawling thing, well, mines more like a burning in my arms. Why do the mornings have to be so bad?

#94 Rahul

Rahul

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:50 AM

JAMommy do you experience any relief during the day? does the night time klonopin bring you relief or do you get relief even before you take your dose?

Edited by Rahul, 11 April 2012 - 11:51 AM.

I'm not a doctor or a health professional and any advice in my post is purely my personal opinion and anecdotal.

Dx: MDD
Rx: 10 mg escitalopram + 15mg mitrazapine + 20 mg chlordiazepoxide (all
at bedtime)

#95 JAMommy

JAMommy

• PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:28 PM

Rahul, no relief during the day right now. I did have a SMALL moment just now as I was outside doing some yard work. The klonopin keeps me asleep until about 4:00am, at which time I wake and it starts all over again. I was telling my mom that my days are like someone torturing me all day, or like being held at knife-point, someone being after me all day. I am not hallucinating and really thinking someone is after me all day, that was just the best way to describe. Torturing depression and anxiety to the point that everyday tasks seem impossible. I go up to 10mg either tonight or tomorrow. We'll see how it goes. I only have enough klonopin to get me through the nights, and don't think my pdoc will prescribe more until I see her Tuesday.

Every once in a while (maybe 4-5 times out of the last 3 weeks) I have felt a tiny bit of relief (just a few minutes) before I take my next dose at night.

#96 Rahul

Rahul

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:49 PM

JAMommy you are in a terrrible state (though i have been through it or worse for different reasons -- abrupt benzo withdrawal after long term use: reinstated after 10 days of torture). when you meet your doc. next tuesday you'll be 25 days into the lexapro if i am right. i think you should evaluate the situation with your doc. on tuesday (and your doc. seems to be understanding for he/she got you bump up earlier over phone). pleasse apprise your doc. of all the symptoms you are still experiencing. it is not ipso facto that everyone has to experience start ups all over again on increasing dose (i belong to the exceptions group). you might notice relief by tuesday! it is about time for lexapro.

also, it is clear klonopin is not giving you enough sleep. 0.5 mg klonopin did not give me sleep when i started my lexapro 4 years ago (it did for 2 weeks then it's effect vanished -- ssris are too strong and affect sleep). do tell your doc. that you are not sleeping well. your doc. might consider an adjuvant to restore your sleep (i take one - mirtazapine). deprivation of sleep and anxiety/depression is a vicious circle. i've been through it.

Edited by Rahul, 11 April 2012 - 01:04 PM.

I'm not a doctor or a health professional and any advice in my post is purely my personal opinion and anecdotal.

at bedtime)

#97 jonine1975

jonine1975

• PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:10 PM

I remember going through anxiety when I was pregnant 5 years ago. I was so bad that I could not even carry on a conversation w/o feeling overwhelmed and going through a horrific panic attack. I remember feeling so helpless as my family could be productive while I sat in agony. I would only get a few minutes of sleep at a time. I'd fall asleep only to be woken right back up again. I was lucky my meds worked. Klonopin worked wonders for my anxiety, and I am pretty sure the celexa did to, bc I lived 5 years free of depression and anxiety. It took what seemed forever to get better. (I wish I could remember how long, cause like most of us, I want to feel normal again) I hope your doc will give you more klonopin, you deserve relief.
  • Rahul likes this

#98 Rahul

Rahul

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:17 PM

+1 jonine.

at bedtime)

#99 jonine1975

jonine1975

• PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:30 PM

Hope your ok today JAMommy and shoot I forgot your name, the one that is going through start up anxiety.

#100 elisaac2629

elisaac2629

• PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:45 PM

Hope your ok today JAMommy and shoot I forgot your name, the one that is going through start up anxiety.

Hi jonine,
That is probably me that you are talking about. It still been a little rough on me but I'm hoping to be out of the woods soon. Last night and most of this morning was full of anxiety and antsiness which therefore caused panic and such. But now, its finally evening out and I feel calm. For the moment anyways. How are you feeling lately?

#101 JAMommy

JAMommy

• PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:01 PM

My dose of lexapro last night was a bit more than 5mg because I had two sort of half-pills from previous doses I was at. I would say I maybe had 7.5 to 8mg. I woke up feeling sort of okay, and then an hour later had an intense panic attack. My mother in law had to drive over and sit with me for about half an hour. The rest of the day has been a bit better though. I have many people praying for me today specifically (and fasting), as I am a follower of Jesus. So that may explain some of the relief I have had today. I don't understand WHY God is allowing me to go through this, and at times have difficulty trusting that He is going to get me out of it. But I really sympathize with anyone who is sensitive to medications and especially the start up phase. I feel like every time I have tried a medication, it's like getting on a violent bucking bronco to see how long I can last, you know?

#102 jonine1975

jonine1975

• PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:04 PM

Yes it was sorry I had forgotten your name. Sorry to hear that you suffered last night and this morning. I suffered depression quite a bit last night and major anxiety this morning to the point where I thought I'd just go admit myself, but then I think really what will I get there? Them to reassure me I am not crazy every hour? I been before and it was really hard. I feel a bit better now especially knowing that I get my next klonopin in an hour and I am seeing my doctor again. I need to find out why I keep waking up burning in the morning, mostly my arms and hands...it makes for a tough morning. I wish my celexa would work...something, hate not feeling normal. Earlier I felt like I was unreal, or not me...yuck!

#103 jonine1975

jonine1975

• PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:09 PM

I have many people praying for me today specifically (and fasting), as I am a follower of Jesus. So that may explain some of the relief I have had today. I don't understand WHY God is allowing me to go through this, and at times have difficulty trusting that He is going to get me out of it.

I'm glad to hear that you are feeling some relief today. I also have people praying allover the place for me, and I too question, why me, why now God? It is really tough to get through this. I'm not sure mine is still start up related, it's been 3 1/2 weeks, and it was such a small increase, so I worry what else is it, you know? I hope your relief continues.
  • Mykee likes this

#104 Rahul

Rahul

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:49 PM

how you doing JAMommy? hope the relief was not short lived. your faith in god will not go unanswered.

at bedtime)

#105 JAMommy

JAMommy

• PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:25 PM

I am now at 7.5mg per doctor's advice. Day two of waking up and having a panic attack when I stand up. It seems to pass after an hour or so. Took a nap today and having some panic after getting up as well. This is so weird. Going to try to stick this med out a couple more weeks to see what happens. I am so desperate.

#106 xMama2Fourx

xMama2Fourx

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:19 PM

Hi JAMommy! I see your update from this morning, and by the time you get this it might be Saturday! I'm sorry you're having such a rough time, but friend, you've made it this far! Each day you're making it through the day, even if you feel like you're failing miserably. It WILL be over soon, and you'll be on the other side of this!

Praying for you!!

#107 Rahul

Rahul

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:49 PM

Going to try to stick this med out a couple more weeks to see what happens.

:hugs:

at bedtime)

#108 JAMommy

JAMommy

• PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:51 AM

Thanks everyone. I am battling huge fears and feelings of inadequacy, like I just don't know how to live life. There is so much I don't know how to do in life. I am not sure how much is just heart garbage to be worked through and how much is related to depression/anxiety. I mean, being severely depressed and anxious is immobilizing and I really feel like I can't do a lot of things other than survive.

Mama2four, do you really think I'm going to come out on the other side with this lexapro? I really hope it helps me to at least function somewhat normally again. This is SO HARD!

My psychiatrist even said last week, maybe I should get a second opinion and go somewhere else since what they've tried hasn't worked much. She IS my second opinion, as I was seeing a different doctor before. But then she said she thinks if I stick the Lexapro out, it will get better. Confusing. I am sure she is feeling a bit frustrated as I am on the phone with her every week due to the extreme reactions I have to meds. But it kind of got me down.

#109 Rahul

Rahul

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:27 AM

you will get relief. if your experience with zoloft is any indication, then a month it ought to be. how soon before you touch 10 mg? your psychiatrist seems to be a nice person if she is taking your phone calls every week. it's more important to have one who has time for you rather than one who may be more famous but is hard to reach. when i started my very first ssri and telephoned my doc. 3 days later crying that my anxiety had increased, he bluntly said -- call me after a month. he had not even warned me about start ups. i immediately stopped taking his meds. and sought an appt. with another doctor (he takes my phone calls).

Edited by Rahul, 14 April 2012 - 07:32 AM.

at bedtime)

#110 Rahul

Rahul

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:31 AM

my other suggestion to you would be to discuss an adjuvant drug with your doc. to help you sleep through the night. sleep is very important but if the lack of it is not troubling you, you should ignore my suggestion. benzos will help you sleep (and cut your anxiety during the daytime if used in the daytime -- almost an instant fix) but if i were you, i'd avoid the benzo route for they simply lose efficacy after some time (thus necessitating higher doses). adjuvants that are normally used with ssris, on the other hand, have some antidepressant properties too and that is an added bonus apart from the restful sleep they give. however, if you've never felt the need to have an adjuvant on zoloft earlier then maybe you don't need it now. you and your doc. are the best judges.

you will get better JAMommy -- there is a whole arsenal of weapons of mass destruction awaiting to be tried on you. :) sorry for the flippancy, but do not obsess on the psychological nature of your illness (childhood trauma etc.) for we don't know what role they play (i have scant regard for psychology and related disciplines). what matters is that you are ill and that MANY like you have found relief from ssris and that you have tried zoloft with success and there is a very very slim chance, in my opinion, that lexapro will not work on you. you have a clean body not wounded by substances (unlike mine) so there is no doubt that you will respond. furthermore, you have been a very strong person -- starting & quitting zoloft for pregnancy. i can never imagine doing that (the torture!). you will surive this as a winner.

btw, in the last 5 months, did you try zoloft again?

i am very optimistic about you. you are my only patient (and i have only one patient right now -- thus "only patient") that i am very optimistic about.

Edited by Rahul, 14 April 2012 - 10:41 AM.

at bedtime)

#111 elisaac2629

elisaac2629

• PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:46 PM

I am now at 7.5mg per doctor's advice. Day two of waking up and having a panic attack when I stand up. It seems to pass after an hour or so. Took a nap today and having some panic after getting up as well. This is so weird. Going to try to stick this med out a couple more weeks to see what happens. I am so desperate.

Hi JAMommy,
I thought I wrote the above because I was having the same problems also. I am on day 7 of my increased dose of zoloft and would wake up with my heart pounding in the mornings and sometimes after a nap. Its just super weird. Today has been an ok day aside from the allergies in my area. Did I mention that allergies send me into panic sometimes? Yep, don't know why but I hate it. It didn't used to but more even now with the anxiety peaking. I'm hoping today and from now on just gets better. I see my doc on Monday and hope that she says I can stay at my dose right now to see if it ends up being beneficial. I'll keep praying for you JAMommy. All I ask is the same from you. It seems like we are on the same boat right now. Again though, let me tell you that I had an absolutely wonderful benefit from Lexapro. I know that it will end up working for you. It is one of the best out there. I now wish I hadn't stopped it when I did but I was gaining so much weight and it was causing breakthrough anxiety. I knew I needed a higher dose and I didn't want to risk my weight and blood pressure anymore. That was also my second time on Lexapro letting me know that I was probably tolerant to the low dose that I took the first time. So, this is why I am now trying Zoloft. It has been difficult but I have faith. The depressive feelings have significantly changed and now I'm just waiting for the anxiety and panic to even out. I know that the Zoloft also has risk of weight gain and high blood pressure but I will risk it again. Everybody is different and I'm just looking for the positive.

Jess

#112 JAMommy

JAMommy

• PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:41 PM

Thanks, Jess. Rahul, I did try Zoloft in January, had the same reaction as I am having now to Lexapro... increased agitation, anxiety, depression. I was only on for 10 days though. I tried getting on it about a year and a half ago also, lasted a week.

I am having serious panic, worsening anxiety at 7.5mg. My doctor was going to have me go up to 10mg on Thursday but said only to 7.5mg instead since I am so sensitive to dose increase. Also, I am now waking (in the morning and from a nap) and feeling like I am going to vomit. I haven't yet though. I see the doctor on Tuesday morning, so only a couple more days. I don't want to be depressed/anxious forever. Something seems so off in my brain. I am scared of everything right now and seriously afraid I am going to end up in a hospital for a while. But this medication is making me feel awful, awful. I don't want to give up on it, but I don't know how much longer I can last in this state. I take Klonopin at night but don't have enough to get me through the day until I see the doctor, plus it makes me incredibly sleepy... doesn't really affect the anxiety too much (maybe because I am taking a very small dose).

Oh my goodness, this is like my worst nightmare. I don't know how I am ever going to be normal again. Why won't my body tolerate this????? What else can I do to get better? I need a miracle from God.

#113 jonine1975

jonine1975

• PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:16 PM

I totally relate to both of you. My anxiety is high at the moment too, increased my klonopin and still not much relief. I'm not diagnosed bipolar, but yesterday I felt manic. I called my dr and she told me to go to the hospital. I almost checked myself in, but I chickened out. I self harmed myself today and I feel ashamed. It's weird to me that after 3 1/2 weeks my anxiety is getting worse on celex, shouldn't it be getting better?
Both of you ladies are in my thoughts and prayers!!

#114 Rahul

Rahul

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:38 PM

Also, I am now waking (in the morning and from a nap) and feeling like I am going to vomit.

yes, you are clearly very sensitive to meds. maybe that is why it is taking them time to show results. starting another one in conjuction might make it even more difficult for you right now. you are one month into lex -- quite an accomplishment and closer to relief. hope you have a fruitful meeting with your doc. on tuesday. time and patience. :hugs:

Edited by Rahul, 14 April 2012 - 11:39 PM.

at bedtime)

#115 JAMommy

JAMommy

• PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:32 AM

Oh my goodness, I just want to quit all this med stuff, except that I feel like I need something to help me stabilize. Considering going back to a natural alternative that I took a year ago through the summer with some success. I wasn't perfect, but I was functioning much better than I am now. I am waking up, having major crying spells and panic, am absolutely frozen in fear of everything. I can barely eat, thinking about doing ANYTHING like making my kids breakfast sends me into a panic. It is like every day is filled with torturing thoughts... just a constant anxiety that is through the roof and I feel like I can't function. I don't even know what to do, and don't know where else to go to get help. I've already tried 4 medications and done a 2 week intensive therapy program which cost us $3,000. Ugh. I can't explain how desperate and scared I am. I think this is day 24 on lexapro. Last night I only took 5mg because the 7.5mg was causing so much panic in the mornings. I know, I shouldn't disobey the doctor who increased me to 7.5mg, but I am just trying to hold on day by day.

What pains me most is that I have two wonderful sons (yes, they are a handful but they are my boys) and a great, supportive husband (though he doesn't think I should be on meds at all). All I want is to be a functional mom and wife. And I am in shambles, completely shattered,

#116 Rahul

Rahul

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:24 AM

what all 4 meds. JAMommy if i may ask? zoloft, celexa, lexapro and...?

give it just one more week. zoloft did relieve you anxiety once.

if all fails, you still have benzos to help you stay functional (that is if you are not sensitive to them). have you ever found 0.5 mg klonopin to help you during the day (whole day), i.e. if you've ever tried that dose.

Edited by Rahul, 15 April 2012 - 10:27 AM.

at bedtime)

#117 JAMommy

JAMommy

• PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:58 AM

I have tried Celexa, Zoloft, Lamictal (very briefly, didn't really give it a chance just got freaked out), Remeron, and now Lexapro. I was on Zoloft for 7 years (3 different start-ups due to the first time of going on it, then goinig off for both pregnancies and going back on after each son's birth), though the last 2-3 years on it I wondered if I needed to switch because I wasn't feeling super great. I think I had anxiety all through taking Zoloft, but it may have been more psychological/due to past childhood stuff. But I was at a semi-functioning level on zoloft.

I did have about a 15 minute manic episode one day on Remeron after I had been on it about 3 weeks. I have never had that reaction before, and then after that I crashed into depression again. I don't know if that is worth mentioning? To my knowledge, I have never had a manic episode in my life... it's just been battling anxiety and depression. Remeron was really difficult for me, completely fatigued and unfunctional, felt like I was drunk nearly all day and very, very dizzy, weird agitation outbursts.

#118 Rahul

Rahul

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:33 PM

you seem to be having what the med. community so fancifully calls "paradoxical reactions." it's clear you are very sensitive to meds.

remeron (that i take -- in my signature) helped to make me sleep 10 hrs but also feel fatigued and drunk but it never caused an "agitation outburst." on the converse, my brain (and body) found it very settling over time. the drowsiness and drunkeness dissipated in a few weeks and my sleep resumed to the normal 8 hours. yes, you had a very unusual reaction to remeron three weeks into it!

give lexapro one more week JAMommy before you decide to quit. i totally emphatize with you. i know how frustrating it is and how you desperately want to be the mom that you were to you darling kids.

you did not mention if benzos helped you cope during the daytime. they can be life savers in some situations.

Edited by Rahul, 15 April 2012 - 12:35 PM.

at bedtime)

#119 JAMommy

JAMommy

• PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:16 PM

Thanks, Rahul. Klonopin helped before I was on Lexapro. I did take it alone in December/January. Of course, it didn't deal with the severe depression, but did calm me down a few notches for a while until I tried getting on zoloft. I am completely out of it right now, just took my last half pill this morning. :( Doc may prescribe more on Tuesday. So desperate for relief.

#120 Rahul

Rahul

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:37 AM

just took my last half pill this morning. :( Doc may prescribe more on Tuesday.

:(( hurry up tuesday.

at bedtime)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users