Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Please Tell Me It Gets Better

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
411 replies to this topic

#401 EcleticJoe

EcleticJoe

• PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:01 PM

My side effects so far on Celexa.... no appetite, jaw clenching, increase in depression in the morning, waking up too early, very vivid dreams, sometimes waking up from a dream with a burning sensation in my arms. Inability to climax but who cares at this point about that. I'll get that working again when my mind heals.

Jaw clenching and burning in my arms only happened when I went up to 15 or 20 mg Lex (same as 30 or 40 Celexa). Never on 10 mg.

Increase in depression in morning is uniform I think for this board. LOL.
  • triciaann21 likes this

#402 EcleticJoe

EcleticJoe

• PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:06 PM

Hi Joe,

Are you on Lex? Sorry, I keep forgetting. If you are on Lex, then 10mg is the normal dose I think for anxiety and depression. Hopefully you can get stable on that dose. Ya, I never had any of those instrusive thoughts, etc.... until I started meds. But, is it the med, or the med making our serotonin levels lower before they get higher, or.....Not sure. Or, it could just be that the med is increasing our anxiety, which is causing panic like symptoms where panic brings out more fear, hence the pending doom, intrusive thoughts, etc... Just my guess.

Today, my anxiety was bad, not sure why, other than working on my medical bills, which could be a trigger. Have you noticed when you get hit with anxiety, that it just lingers all day or part of the day and just will not ease up on it's own? That's how I feel today, but I don't have any of the panicy bad feelings to go with it, so that is nice. Not sure if that is Lex helping or not.

Soccer

You can definitely feel the depression lift and concentration improve in increments. Last night I actually felt human and focused on stuff other than the way I felt. Then today I had panic, intrusive thoughts, losing control of my brain and the like as if my serotonin went through the roof for a couple of hours. Now (knock on wood) I don't feel too bad.

#403 Soccer_Dude

Soccer_Dude

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:10 PM

Hi Joe,

So, did you take anything, or did your symptoms just subside on their own today?

The other day, I did have more of the instrusive thoughts, panicy like feelings, and the losing control of my brain feeling, like I was about to do something bad that I couldn't control, although I'm sure some of that was OCD/fear thinking too much into the feeling I had. Anyway, today I've pretty much just had anxiety, but none of the other junk. I still feel kind of anxious though...

I don't like these waves....I can't wait for stability.

Thanks for sharing.

Soccer
  • kelsbels likes this

#404 EcleticJoe

EcleticJoe

• PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:12 PM

Hi Joe,

So, did you take anything, or did your symptoms just subside on their own today?

The other day, I did have more of the instrusive thoughts, panicy like feelings, and the losing control of my brain feeling, like I was about to do something bad that I couldn't control, although I'm sure some of that was OCD/fear thinking too much into the feeling I had. Anyway, today I've pretty much just had anxiety, but none of the other junk. I still feel kind of anxious though...

I don't like these waves....I can't wait for stability.

Thanks for sharing.

Soccer

No I hid in my office and kept telling myself this was the medicine and it went away.

#405 JAMommy

JAMommy

• PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:39 PM

Soccer, I just read through some posts and saw that you are actually at 13 days on 10mg. So that is basically only like being two weeks into taking the med. No wonder you still feel intensified anxiety!!! Although, if you are having breakthrough moments this early, that is a really good thing. I am on another forum online (parenting forum) and a lady there just started citalopram. She experienced no intensified anxiety/depression. I am trying not to be jealous!!!

Anyway, my update is that I am 7 days into weaning off Klonopin. Yesterday and today were yucky... depression, anxiety, clouded thinking. But I am sticking to at least the first taper since I am 7 days into it already. Don't want to repeat tapering, and go through this again. I figure I will get my body stable again at this dose of Klonopin, then proceed. It stinks to have just started to feel stable on Lex, then have to go through this (it feels very similar to Lex start up). But I want off the Klonopin and it helps knowing that this anxiety is purely biological, not some deep issue, just something in my brain that needs balanced out again.

#406 Soccer_Dude

Soccer_Dude

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:31 PM

Hi,

Ya, I'm on my 4th week of Lex overall, but just starting my 3rd week of 10mg. So, ya, I have some ways to go. But, it just seemed strange to have all that anxiety today. Then after taking my dose of Lex at 8pm, then Remeron at 8:30pm, 15 minutes later or so, I was feeling very low, depressed, started thinking about all the pending doom hopeless thoughts, but it has tapered off some now. Not sure if that was Lex or Remeron, maybe Remeron as it may have made me drowsy and more tired which may have made me feel more low.

Anyway, I hope for a better tomorrow.

Sorry you have to go through the Klonopin taper. Not fun. Just take it slow and easy. Are you taking things like Vitamin E, Omega Fish oils, etc...? Those could help. Do some internet searching for things you can take to help with taper. I'm sure magnesium is beneficial to the nervous system, etc... I would avoid things like B Vitamins for now, as those can be stimulating, but you might research that as well. Your body is very sensitive right now, with starting Lex and tapering Klonopin. So, avoid stimulants, coffee, sugars, etc.... And hopefully that will also help.

I took .5 of Ativan today. It helped a little, glad I didn't need more, but i was suffering from pretty intense anxiety, more like a burning nervousness type anxiety. Not the panicy kind.

I hope to sleep good tonight. I worry that when I have this kind of anxiety that i will have too much adrenaline going and that will always keep me up.

talk to you all later.

Soccer

#407 Trace

Trace

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,085 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:31 AM

Hey everyone

We close topics when the hit the end of 10 pages. Please can someone start another topic. I do not take Celexa/lex, so don't want to start the topic for you. I will give it a day and then I will be closing this topic.

Trace
Listen in deep silence. Be very still and open your mind.... Sink deep into the peace that waits for you beyond the frantic, riotous thoughts and sights and sounds of this insane world. - A course of miracles.

True beauty must come, must be grown, from within.... - Ralph W Trine.

Posted Image

#408 EcleticJoe

EcleticJoe

• PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:26 AM

I started a new thread

#409 Soccer_Dude

Soccer_Dude

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:12 AM

Where's the new thread located, called?

#410 Soccer_Dude

Soccer_Dude

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:16 AM

The Unofficial Give Us Your Progress On Lex Celexa Continuation Thread

http://www.depressio...nuation-thread/

Here it is, I found it
  • triciaann21 likes this

#411 Soccer_Dude

Soccer_Dude

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:24 AM

Oh, and make sure on the new thread that you got to the "More Reply Options" button, and select the "Follow this topic?" box so you get the replies in your email.

#412 Trace

Trace

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,085 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:59 AM

Thanks EcleticJoe

I'll close this one now.

Trace
Listen in deep silence. Be very still and open your mind.... Sink deep into the peace that waits for you beyond the frantic, riotous thoughts and sights and sounds of this insane world. - A course of miracles.

True beauty must come, must be grown, from within.... - Ralph W Trine.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users