Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JAMommy

Please Tell Me It Gets Better

412 posts in this topic

Posted

It just amazes me how well my last week went and to go back down again just sucks. I know the first time I took the meds I did sleep a lot. I was more panicky though,I'm not panicky now I just keep getting anxious to the thought of what if I dont feel better ...the morning anxiety is the worst. My thoughts have slowed down considerably

You might also be interested in:

Posted

Hi,

I know how you feel. I've had some good days and you think things are going to be up from there, but then the next day you feel blah again. I think once you are stabilized on the med, you will have more consecutive good days, and should be more consistant. Probably just need to give it more time. I think possibly the fact that you had a good week, might show that the med is going to work, that it's starting to work. So, give it a little more time. The fact that you are not panicy now, might show that it's helping some.

Morning anxiety is probably the worst because we wake up and start thinking about the day, our meds, etc... :) I'm also very anxious about whether or not I'm going to feel better on this med, and if i made the right decision...I figure I will give it a fair shot, and if it doens't work, I will try something else.

Do you have anything to help with the panic and/or anxiety. to help calm you down? Some times doctors will prescribe something to help with the start up anxiety.....

Posted

Well it did work in the past really well for me I think it may have taken sometime, because I remember just wakign up and actually being excited for the day and being able to lay down and relax (which is a feelin i experienced a couple of times last week). Matter of fact I had some days last week where I wanted to go out all day but i got home and i just could relax it was so nice. When i've been getting anxious I haven't wanted to be alone at all and thats what the last couple of days have been like. I had diharea for like the first couple of weeks it went away for about a week and half came back friday but is gone now i did not have it this morning. So, maybe the meds are working but its wierd like Its not like im anxious but i'm down and feel gloomy. Before I get up and do anything i do feel that anxious feeling of morning anxietty where i'm wonderign what my day is going to be like . I don't really get panicky to where i need a benzo i think, its just my overall happieness. Sometimes I wonder if I am fighting depression that is bringign on my anxiety.

Posted

Hi,

I think I feel the same way. The anxiety is some what calmer, but now I'm feeling the weight of depression, whether it was already there or as a start up side effect of the med. I think depression can trigger anxiety, and anxiety can trigger depression. I feel down and gloomy also. Lack of emotions. And that is making me feel a bit panicy. I think things are just fluxuating in your brain right now and eventually it will level off and you will feel more consistantly better. I know for me right now I have a lot of things to worry about ,as I've been off work since january, almost out of money, it's about the begining of the month and i have bils to pay, so I'm stressing about that which doesn't help. I thought I'd be feeling a lot worse right now but maybe Lex is already calming the anxiety/panic a bit. But, it's the mood thing I don't like. But that will hopefully will improve.

Are you stil sleeping good? Do you wake up early? I try to go to bed early as I tend to wake up early, so I need to get as much sleep as possible. Lack of sleep might make things worse.

Soccer

Posted

I do know that when I feel anxious or panicy, and have bad thoughts/feeling, some times when I take a small amount of Ativan, .5mg or 1mg, I start to feel better, my anxiety is basically gone and my mood improves. Which tells me that my anxiety/panic is feeding my mood/depression. So it would seem. I'm feeling pretty blah this morning, so I might try a little ativan to see if I feel better. I don't have a lot of physical anxiety/panic feelings, but I think I'm definately feeling anxious/nervous, so it might help me feel calmer and improve my mood. I don't recommend benzo's, I'm sure you may know all about them, as they can be addicting, etc....I'm always hesitant to take one, and wait it out long enough hoping I will not need one, but in the mean time I might be suffering a bit. So, I think it's okay to take one now and then, especially if it helps and eases your mind/body. Stress isn't good.

Now, if I don't really have anxiety/panic and I'm just depressed, not sure Ativan will help, and a benzo could make your mood worse.

Soccer

Posted

See my thoughts are having less effect on me now. A few weeks ago i was just panicky and terrifed now i just feel like i have a grey cloud over me. Once again last week this was kind of lifted and I was getting excited about things. Friday I had a bad thought and it just sent me in this whirlwind now I am lethargic and extremely tired throughout most of the day. Last week I was able to finish the hunger games and start a new book with no problem. Now I can't stop reading forums on how people are coping with. This happened two weeks ago but last week I did not go on any sites for the entire week. I just want this grey cloud removed

Posted

Hang in there man, I'm sure it will......

Are you taking any Vitamin D? I'm from Oregon so I was low on Vitamin D. That could help with depression. Although it may not be your issues, and it may not help at all. I know of a guy who also took omega fish oil and his anxiety and depression lifted after some time. Omega Fish oil would be a heathy thing to do, and could help a little. Just some thoughts.... Also, driking a good quality protein drink, maybe organic rice, pumkin seed or hemp seed protein, with all the amino acids in it, might be beneficial. Might help balance things out a little.

Sounds like you might be at this threshold of Serotonin where you finally got above the threshold that makes you feel better, but then some anxiety set in, and the serotonin level dropped below the threshold which brought the gray cloud in, but it will build back up and you should soon be back above the threashold feeling good again. It's probably all part of the start up of the med, where your brain chemicals are going up and below the threashold until they stabilize above the threashold. That's how I look at it.

I was above that threashold a while back and felt great for about 1 week, but that was after I went off Lexparo and started Remeron. I got great sleep on Remeron and my mood was finally lifting. Then 9 days later after going off Lexapro, I was back in the anxiety bad mode again. So, I think I was just reaching the above mark on the threshold on Lexapro, and the better sleep made it go even higher, but as I stopped lexapro, I was stable above that level for a bit, and then it finally dropped below the threshold. So, I think Lexapro was finally working but I just hadn't seen it yet. As I hear the changes can be subtle until one day you realize it's all good. So, now I'm having to start over, and am in my 3rd week of Lexapro. I could feel the changes during the day were I'd feel good then bad then good. Right now I dont' feel really bad, but just flat and low, and that give me some panic, but I'm sure eventually it will get better and I will be above the threshold and feeling great. Patients is everthing, although I know it's hard. But the good news is, you got to feel good for a while, even though it was for a short time, you got to realize that your mind/body has the ability to feel normal again. So, you just need to be patient and wait for it to get better again.... (I tend to spend time on these site also when I'm feeling blah, and not so much when I'm feeling good, kind of funny. I think that's partly due to anxiety).

Soccer

Posted

That makes a lot of sense. I am actually in Houston so the sun is always out lol. I'm just surprised that all this came about. I have an appointment here with my therapist in the next hour she had a cancelation so I moved my appointment for this week up. I am just looking forward to feeling better.. Right now I actually am feeling better than I have all day its weird how it fades. Guess its better than some people who have it all day long.... Yeah one of my friends keeps telling me that I will get back to there its just scary when it happens. I also would appreciate being able to sleep in again lol. I sleep good throughout the night but i tend to wake up at 8am everyday or when the sun comes out, but i guess this will fade overtime as well its just annoying all of it is.

Posted

If you are sleeping in until 8am then you are doing a lot better than me, and probably many others! :) Although, maybe you go to bed really late. Anyway, I had insomnia for over 7 months, some times I'd sleep 0 hours, some times 1 hour, or I'd wake up at 12am and can't fall back a sleep. Now I'm sleeping better, so that is a good thing. But, I can't sleep past 6am most mornings. :)

Ya, I hear ya, when you feel good one day, then not the next, it's kind of a scary when you go backwards. Lately I will have a part of a day that is blah, and then the other part is pretty good. And some times when it's good, it's almost like there was never any bad, as you feel pretty normal and happy and you are ready to go out and have fun. Then the bad hits again, and it's scary, and I will feel hopeless, despair, fear, etc.... Then I will start to feel good again and I feel almost normal and all those bad thoughts/feeling don't even seem like the ever existed. Isn't it crazy? It's got to be the brain chemicals going above and below a certain threshold.

I hope you will feel better and have more consistant days feeling great!!!

Soccer

Posted

Okay, my turn to vent. I was on either the same or equivalent dose of Celexa/Lexapro for 11 years! Not really feeling real great this winter/spring, I decided to do a slow taper on Lexapro and go on Wellbutrin. That experience lasted a month. The first two weeks my head was in the clouds then I started having strange mood swings. Doc told me to quit and go back on the Lexapro. Well, two weeks on 10 mg my mood became more and more sad to the point I couldn't hardly get out of the shower. The low point was last Wednesday when I blubbered like a little kid to my wife and teenage daughter. Last Friday the Doc upped me to 20 mg and gave me some Xanax to help the start up sides. Still feel like about a 3/10 but today I could at least put some coherent thoughts forth at work. Sides on 20 mg are horrible anxiety, with a panic attack mixed in, insomnia, lack of appetite, a zoned out feeling, and some depressive mood swings. All the Xanax did was knock me out and I felt worse for sleeping away a summer day so I wont be taking it anymore. And that was at a paltry .25 mg. I've switched to Benadryl to deal with the sides (about a half a pill every four hours) and to make me sleep better.

I know about start up sides but don't remember Celexa doing this to me at 10 mg. Any thoughts or words of inspiration from people with similar experiences?

Posted

Hang in there man, I'm sure it will......

Are you taking any Vitamin D? I'm from Oregon so I was low on Vitamin D. That could help with depression. Although it may not be your issues, and it may not help at all. I know of a guy who also took omega fish oil and his anxiety and depression lifted after some time. Omega Fish oil would be a heathy thing to do, and could help a little. Just some thoughts.... Also, driking a good quality protein drink, maybe organic rice, pumkin seed or hemp seed protein, with all the amino acids in it, might be beneficial. Might help balance things out a little.

Sounds like you might be at this threshold of Serotonin where you finally got above the threshold that makes you feel better, but then some anxiety set in, and the serotonin level dropped below the threshold which brought the gray cloud in, but it will build back up and you should soon be back above the threashold feeling good again. It's probably all part of the start up of the med, where your brain chemicals are going up and below the threashold until they stabilize above the threashold. That's how I look at it.

I was above that threashold a while back and felt great for about 1 week, but that was after I went off Lexparo and started Remeron. I got great sleep on Remeron and my mood was finally lifting. Then 9 days later after going off Lexapro, I was back in the anxiety bad mode again. So, I think I was just reaching the above mark on the threshold on Lexapro, and the better sleep made it go even higher, but as I stopped lexapro, I was stable above that level for a bit, and then it finally dropped below the threshold. So, I think Lexapro was finally working but I just hadn't seen it yet. As I hear the changes can be subtle until one day you realize it's all good. So, now I'm having to start over, and am in my 3rd week of Lexapro. I could feel the changes during the day were I'd feel good then bad then good. Right now I dont' feel really bad, but just flat and low, and that give me some panic, but I'm sure eventually it will get better and I will be above the threshold and feeling great. Patients is everthing, although I know it's hard. But the good news is, you got to feel good for a while, even though it was for a short time, you got to realize that your mind/body has the ability to feel normal again. So, you just need to be patient and wait for it to get better again.... (I tend to spend time on these site also when I'm feeling blah, and not so much when I'm feeling good, kind of funny. I think that's partly due to anxiety).

Soccer

Lot's of good articles on augmenting Remeron with Lexapro. You may want to look into that. Remeron supposedly helps out with some of the sides of Lex start up.

Posted

See my thoughts are having less effect on me now. A few weeks ago i was just panicky and terrifed now i just feel like i have a grey cloud over me. Once again last week this was kind of lifted and I was getting excited about things. Friday I had a bad thought and it just sent me in this whirlwind now I am lethargic and extremely tired throughout most of the day. Last week I was able to finish the hunger games and start a new book with no problem. Now I can't stop reading forums on how people are coping with. This happened two weeks ago but last week I did not go on any sites for the entire week. I just want this grey cloud removed

Dude if you can read a book that has nothing to do with depression or meds, you are doing better than me right now. The fact I obsess about how I feel every second can't help things but what do I do?

Posted

Since this seems to be a good active thread on Lex startup hope you don't mind if I chime in.

Posted

I could concentrate thats what I'm saying I hate that feeling of always thinking about how I feel it downright sucks....I just have to make it through the next couple of weeks I know its gonna change ...I guess I am doing better then a lot of people

Posted

Hi EcleticJoe,

Welcome to the thread!!!

I feel for you man. I know that it sucks starting up meds. Sounds like your side effects are worse than mine. Although I had it pretty bad when tried Zoloft. Lexapro has been a lot easier for me, although I don't like the low mood I feel right now. I did get some start up anxiety/nervousness but it wasn't too much. I started at 5mg for about 1 week then went to 10mg. I'm just starting my 3rd week.

As of today, I feel that my mood has really dropped, feeling really low. It's a strange feeling. I don't like it. It's making me feel a little more panicy....

You might ask your doctor to start you out at a lower dose and slowly work your way up....Make sure they know what you are going through. In case you might be having adverse reactions rather than normal side-effects.

You might try some magnesium. Maybe a Epson Salt bath, to help calm the anxiety and help you sleep maybe?

I'm the same way, I'm constantly thinking about how I feel, worried about how I feel...It's not a good thing as it just causes more anxiety/panic. A friend once told me, embrace the medicine and let it do it's job. Ya, easy to say.....

Feel free to keep venting...I know it helps me... But, try not to look up side effects too much, or read bad reviews, it will make you feel more anxious. :)

I'm currently on 7.5mg of Remeron. It helps me sleep. It's the only thing that helped me sleep since I've had insomnia and anxiety issues. I went off Lexapro previously after 4 weeks on, and started up on Remeron. I slept for the first time really good, and my mood improved almost immediatley. Then 9 days later I fell back into the anxiety pit. So, I'm not sure if that was Lexapro finally wearing off or what. Anyway, I'm back on it, trying to give it more time this time around. And I use Remeron to help me sleep. Not sure it's doing much else.

Take care.

Posted

Soccer and dakid, it sounds like all 3 of us are right in a similar spot with the Lexapro. I am at almost 5 weeks of taking it... well, 9 weeks if you count titrating up from 2.5mg to 5mg to 7.5mg then finally to 10mg about 5 weeks ago. Every dosage change brought about start up effects. Anyway, Some time in week 4, I felt some bits of change, maybe even before that, right before I started 10mg. But then I would have down days that followed. In week 4, I had 4 days of almost normal, then kind of felt blah, weepy, depressed and flat again. But I am definitely showing signs of improvement. I strongly encourage you both to stick it out at least 8 weeks. I too have a harder time in the mornings, but in the past week or so, I have FINALLY quit waking up at 4:00 or 5:00am!!! I had been waking up at that time with terrible anxiety since November, except for 3 weeks that I was on Remeron in February/March when I was sleeping 14 hours a day. It was horrible. Anyway, I too have gotten really worried about the "flat" feeling. But I think our bodies are still adjusting and that too will fade.

Interestingly enough, I decided last night to try my best to avoid gluten. Today was the first day in ages when I didn't feel like I needed a nap, and I felt almost normal from about lunch time on. So please believe that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I think part of it too is just being willing to do whatever it takes to get better. My heart is completely surrendered to the Lord, and I will do whatever He asks... take meds, not take meds, change my eating habits, work on negative thoughts, deal with rough things from my past, whatever it takes. My issues honestly I think are brain chemical imbalance and then negative thinking about myself or my situations. It's almost impossible though for me to deal with the negative thinking when I am severely depressed. But today, I started a "thought log". I started feeling anxious this morning and then periodically throughout the day wrote down my thought patterns. Not my feelings, but what I was thinking about, because thoughts produce feelings. I can go in loops about the medication... what if it doesnt' work? What if I feel this way the rest of my life? What if I feel this numbness forever? Should I really be taking medication? Is there another way to deal with this? Am I allergic to gluten? Could I try something else instead of medication? Will I ever get better? Or, I go in other loops about other situations. Anyway, I wrote a bunch of it down in a notebook and it finally hit me that that kind of thinking only pulls me down. I need to focus my thoughts on the positive. I am a NEW creation in Christ. I am not inadequate, because Christ is adequate and has me covered.

Anyway, I am going to stick with this no gluten thing for a while to see if that is part of what is causing the imbalance. And I am going to stick with the Lexapro for another 5 weeks until I see my pdoc. I am definitely feeling better and doing more, just feeling more normal. The ups and downs stink, but I believe they will even out. Hang in there. And wish me luck or pray for me as I begin to taper off of Klonopin. I hear that withdrawal symptoms can be anxiety and more depression. Oh joy. But I really want to get off now because it makes me feel sedated and lethargic, which doesn't help with depression. I want to know what the Lexapro is actually doing by itself, you know?

Posted

Great post JAMommy. Thanks for sharing.

I know that my ND said one time that if I eat wheat one day, I might not feel the effect until the next day which could represent itself as feeing tired.... So, you might have something with the gluten and/or wheat products...Stick to just one food ellimination for now to see how you feel. Then you could try ruling out dairy, eggs or corn. If you want to test other food possibly allergies. Or, you can have food allergy tests done.

I'm on Lexapro and Remeron. I'm thinking about talking to my doc about lowering Lex to 5mg, and going to 15mg of Remeron. When I was on Lex the first time, I was at 5mg for 6 days then about 3 weeks at 10mg. When I tapered from 10mg to 5mg for 3-4 days I could feel a lift in my mood. Not sure if 10mg is too strong for me, or I still just need to give it more time.

I've been doing the same thing with the negative thinking, and had very simliar thoughts. All that negative thinking just spurs more anxiety, panic, fear, depression etc...Being more focused on the positive thoughts is important...

Philippians 4:8

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

How long were you on Klonopin? How much? Talk to your doctor to see if he/she has a tapering schedule. If not, maybe your pharmicist does, or you can find something on line .The key is to taper slowly. If you weren't on it very long, at low doses, and not every day, then it shouldn't be too bad. I will pray for your taper that it will go smoothly and without side effects.

Soccer

Posted

Soccer, I wouldn't lower the Lex dose. You are right, you will experience a lift in mood temporarily because the side effects will lessen. I did that when I hit 7.5mg for a few days and felt a lessening in the side effects, but the lower dose will probably not help the anxiety/depression in the long term. Stick this dose out and realize you won't feel this way forever. Also, I too was on Remeron (prescribed by a different doc than I have now)... started at 30mg and hated how it made me feel, so my new doctor suggested cutting the dose to 15mg. In many people, the lower doses of Remeron are more sedating, which means you could feel WORSE than you do now if you do that. Honestly, if I were you I would stick out the 10mg dose to 8 weeks. All the switching of meds in your body is not going to make you feel better any sooner than sticking it out 8 weeks anyway. Each time you switch you are throwing your brain into confusion and possibly feeling worse longer. This is just my opinion because I've been through it. I would only stop Lex if you are really sick from it. The start up anxiety and depression will fade. It feels awful at the time.

Another thing I learned was that I was (and still tend to) trying to be the doctor. I had to let go and not try to figure out what I should be taking and what dosages on my own. I was constantly obsessing and trying to figure it out. I needed to let go of control and trust my doctor.

I would love to have an allergy test done for wheat. We don't have insurance though so right now I am just experimenting. But I definitely had way more energy yesterday not eating wheat.

Klonopin... I was on for a month or so in January, then I have been on it since the beginning of April. I tried tapering to quickly (my own idea) a couple weeks ago and had crazy insomnia and intensified anxiety. Once I went back to my regular dose, I was fine. Then, when I saw my doctor, she gave me a tapering schedule. I start today/tomorrow. It is a bit faster taper than you find on the internet, but I'm going to give it a try.

Posted

Hi JAMommy,

You are probably right abut the Lex. At week 4, I was probably only just begining to reep the benefits, and when I went from 10mg to 5mg it probably lessened the lethargic feeling some, which may have lightened my mood, or it was a placebo effect because I was excited to drop it and try Remeron. All I know if when I went back to 5mg then started Remeron, I slept great and my mood was starting to feel normal again. It was a great feeling. I just wish I knew what made it that way. even when I tapered to 5mg of Lex for 3-4 days I'm sure the effect of 10mg was still in my brain, so really maybe the combo of 10mg and having the extra sleep was the combo, so if I just wait it out, it will get better. I'm still sleeping good, but I'm still taking 7.5mg of Remeron. I probably wouldn't be sleeping otherwise. It gave me refreshing sleep when I first started it. But now, I don't really feel refreshed, but I'm a bit tired and lethargic when I get up, but that could be the Lexapro all over again which should pass over time. I hope.

I mentioned yesterday that I was feeling really low, kind of depressed, then it got even worse in the early afternoon, maybe it was a blood sugar thing, but I did take .5mg of Ativan, to see how I'd feel, and I ended up feeling a little better the rest of the evening. Not sure if it had an effect or not. Yesterday I had a lot going on that should have caused a lot of anxiety and panic, finance stuff, work related stuff, but I didn't really feel the physical effects of anxiety/panic, so maybe Lex has helped with that so far, kept the physical effects of anxiety/panic at bay but I felt the weight of it in my mood, kind of a mental panic feeling, that made me fee low, and the ativan gave me some relief from that. Not sure.

Anyway, feeling low, just brings out very uncomfortable feelings thought for me, and it's hard to wait it out not knowing if it will change or not, which it probably will.

Anyway, thank you for the advice, it's good advice!!!

Posted

My doctors Nurse just called me, and she said the doctor suggested I try and stick it out another week on 10mg of Lex. They said I could go to 5mg if I wanted to, but their suggestion is I stick to 10mg if I can. So that is my plan, to stick it out at 10mg. I will continue taking 7.5mg of Remeron for sleep. Hopefully I can get off Remeron at some point when Lex is giving me enough relief that I sleep on my own.

I hope you all have a great day today!

If you could pray for my financial situation, I would appreciate it. I'm now broke, and I may loose my home and have to file bankrupcty. It's just me here. I did apply for Dis. Ins. which I hope to get soon, just long enough to get back on my feet. It would greatly help me and reduce my stress and worries some. :) I do have an opportunity to work part or full time back at my old job where I can work remotely from home or in the office. I think I might give that a try, at least part time to get back into things a bit and take my mind of my health stuff. Plus I may need to money if my insurance isn't approved. I also don't have health ins. But, if I work at least 17 hours I can re-instate my health insurance.

Thanks.

Posted

Hi,

One more thing.... I need to focus on positive thinking today. I caught myself today thinking negatively, and it just makes me feel really awful. Thinking negatively, worrying about things, justs creates more anxiety and panic, and my mind also tends to draw to the pending doom/hoplessness feelings when I do that. So, I need to replace negative thinking with positive thoughts. I've read, if you have a negative thought or intrusive thought, do not to give recognition to it, otherwise you will focus on it and it will materialize and cause you grief, so if you have a negative thought or a intrusive thought, allow it to come and pass, but don't give any recognition to it. Maybe just laugh it off, think of it as a pink elephant or something, but don't give it importance. Those thoughts aren't yours anyway, and most likely are the manifisation of anixety and panic, etc....

Positive thinking...Looking forward to getting healthy and feeling better!!!

Posted

Went down to 15 today as 20 made me unable to function period. We will hope this works.

Posted

Follow up-starting and stopping and restarting an SSRI-is it the same six to eight week lag before it kicks in or is it longer?

Started 10 mg three weeks ago tonight, had a few good days mixed in with bad, went to 20 last Friday, couldn't take it, so back down to 15 last night.

Posted

My doctors Nurse just called me, and she said the doctor suggested I try and stick it out another week on 10mg of Lex. They said I could go to 5mg if I wanted to, but their suggestion is I stick to 10mg if I can. So that is my plan, to stick it out at 10mg. I will continue taking 7.5mg of Remeron for sleep. Hopefully I can get off Remeron at some point when Lex is giving me enough relief that I sleep on my own.

I hope you all have a great day today!

If you could pray for my financial situation, I would appreciate it. I'm now broke, and I may loose my home and have to file bankrupcty. It's just me here. I did apply for Dis. Ins. which I hope to get soon, just long enough to get back on my feet. It would greatly help me and reduce my stress and worries some. :) I do have an opportunity to work part or full time back at my old job where I can work remotely from home or in the office. I think I might give that a try, at least part time to get back into things a bit and take my mind of my health stuff. Plus I may need to money if my insurance isn't approved. I also don't have health ins. But, if I work at least 17 hours I can re-instate my health insurance.

Thanks.

Your financial situation will improve once your mental state is stable. I will pray for that for you Dude.

Posted

Soccer, I wouldn't lower the Lex dose. You are right, you will experience a lift in mood temporarily because the side effects will lessen. I did that when I hit 7.5mg for a few days and felt a lessening in the side effects, but the lower dose will probably not help the anxiety/depression in the long term. Stick this dose out and realize you won't feel this way forever. Also, I too was on Remeron (prescribed by a different doc than I have now)... started at 30mg and hated how it made me feel, so my new doctor suggested cutting the dose to 15mg. In many people, the lower doses of Remeron are more sedating, which means you could feel WORSE than you do now if you do that. Honestly, if I were you I would stick out the 10mg dose to 8 weeks. All the switching of meds in your body is not going to make you feel better any sooner than sticking it out 8 weeks anyway. Each time you switch you are throwing your brain into confusion and possibly feeling worse longer. This is just my opinion because I've been through it. I would only stop Lex if you are really sick from it. The start up anxiety and depression will fade. It feels awful at the time.

Another thing I learned was that I was (and still tend to) trying to be the doctor. I had to let go and not try to figure out what I should be taking and what dosages on my own. I was constantly obsessing and trying to figure it out. I needed to let go of control and trust my doctor.

I would love to have an allergy test done for wheat. We don't have insurance though so right now I am just experimenting. But I definitely had way more energy yesterday not eating wheat.

Klonopin... I was on for a month or so in January, then I have been on it since the beginning of April. I tried tapering to quickly (my own idea) a couple weeks ago and had crazy insomnia and intensified anxiety. Once I went back to my regular dose, I was fine. Then, when I saw my doctor, she gave me a tapering schedule. I start today/tomorrow. It is a bit faster taper than you find on the internet, but I'm going to give it a try.

How would you compare Klonopin to Xanax?

I appreciate your faith in God. My mind is so numb from meds and depression now, my appreciation of the Lord Jesus and what he gave us comes and goes, I'm sorry to say.