Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Another Rejection Letter

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 guitarfan1977

guitarfan1977

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:00 AM

Got another rejection letter today for a potential job. This job i really thought had potential. Even though it was only part time it would be a move in the right direction. Sometimes i don't know why I bother anymore. It doesn't get any easier.

#2 Trace

Trace

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,085 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:11 AM

Hi (((((((((guitarfan1977)))))))))))

I'm sorry that you got turned down. I know it is soul destroying, but keep trying, something has got to give eventually.

Trace
Listen in deep silence. Be very still and open your mind.... Sink deep into the peace that waits for you beyond the frantic, riotous thoughts and sights and sounds of this insane world. - A course of miracles.

True beauty must come, must be grown, from within.... - Ralph W Trine.

Posted Image

#3 Shmooey

Shmooey

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:16 AM

I'm sorry.

There are so many people in that situation right now. I hope something good comes your way soon!

The world is way too loud...

Currently mostly in remission on:  Effexor XR 300 mg, Abilify 20 mg, Wellbutrin XL 300 mg, Buspar 30 mg (10/10/10), and 100 mg of my beloved Lamictal

#4 Sandcrab

Sandcrab

• PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:08 PM

(((guitarfan1977))) I am sorry you have been turned down. Don't give up, keep trying. You have got to get a break sooner or later.
Diagnosed with depression, anxiety and panic attacks.

Medications: Cymbalta and Lamotrigine

#5 rednamalas

rednamalas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:54 PM

just think about this as one more step towards the job of your dreams! We all know that we will receive rejections before getting a job, so think about this as one step closer to that YES. I know it hurts, but the right job will come around if you persist long enough. Good luck
Do something nice for yourself today. You DESERVE it!

#6 MommyofPrecious

MommyofPrecious

Silver Member

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:26 PM

Hi, guitarfan. You are right, it doesn't get any easier, but just the fact that you keep trying says so much about your character. You have depression, and have had trouble finding that "right job" (me, too, still looking after 2 years), keep getting rejections, and yet still have the strength to go on. The hardest part is to hope, and then suffer the disappointment, which hurts my feelings and makes me feel so personally unwanted.

What everyone tells me, though, and I now believe, is this: there are so many people looking for jobs, and there are so few good ones out there, it's just a numbers game as to whether a person gets hired. That's not even counting those positions that we are "allowed" to apply for, but that they already have someone in mind to hire. Keep trying, you have what it takes, and the job will come. I am working two part-time, temporary jobs right now, and I am interviewing for one of them for permanent part-time this week, and really think it's the right job for me, but all I can do is my best.

After each rejection, I take a little while to "get over" the bad feelings, then I try hard not to take it personally. Then, I am able to feel less depressed about it so I can start to look again. So, take a little time for yourself, metaphorically lick your wounds, and then start again? I wish you success.

M of P
  • bigMMA likes this

#7 crazyguy

crazyguy

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:42 PM

guitarfan1977
I hope soon you can look back on this day and see that all the rejection letters were a blessing that allowed you to get the best job in the world. I have seen this exact thing in my family. Take care until then!

#8 ArthurP

ArthurP

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:59 AM

At least you got an acknowledgement. I send out resumes into the ether and hear nothing. Week after week after week. It becomes difficult to muster the will to keep trying to bang your head against that wall, but to do nothing also means nothing. At least trying might result in something.

#9 bigMMA

bigMMA

• PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:04 AM

Hey,

I know how you feel, believe me. Every time that I received a thanks but no thanks letter, it threw me for a world wind of emotions. One time, I got three rejection letters in one day. I tried really hard to stay positive but it was wearing me down. I kept telling myself next time; the next one is going to be mine. Here I am, still waiting. I used to internalize the rejection but after many months of therapy, I know that there are thousands of other people just like me and you. Like someone said earlier, it sure is a numbers game; I just want to know when will my time come.
So...I've taken a hiatus. Its been about two months since my last interview; my last job application. I know that I'm being counterproductive but right now, I don't care. It feels good not to be waiting for someone else to see the "good" in me.

I needed to take time out for my restoration because I was regressing fast.

This is not an easy journey. Sometimes you have to stop and take a breather in order to keep moving forward. Stay focused on your goals and manage your patience; you will prevail. Good Luck.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things that I cannot change,

the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference. Amen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users