Advertisement
  • Announcements

• Lindsay

A Reminder that we are a PG13 Site   12/09/2016

Please keep in mind that NO content can be posted that is not PG13!  No sexual content and definitely not images which is not permitted in a post! We will delete it.  Not even memes or humorous images should be posted, if you want these forums to continue. NO IMAGES! If you want to post an image, post the URL pointing it to your gallery.  Again, Depressionforums.org is PG13!! Thank you~ ~Forum Admin  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KidSurvivor2011

Anger Spiraling Out Of Control

12 posts in this topic

Posted

Advertisement

I really don't know what to do, I honestly don't. I'm getting angry out of nowhere for no particular reason. I am mad at people in general. I'm mad at people I know and don't know. This isn't who I am; I was born to be a respectful person. Not only this, I get angry over every little thing. Again, I don't know what to do. The stress is going to get to me some day. I just want to cry...

You might also be interested in:

Posted

Hi KidSurvivor2011

So many things can manifest anger. You can work through these anger issues with the correct help. Anger management may help. Take a look in Psych Ed 101, there are two pinned topics on anger management. Also remember to vent your anger in a healthy way, write it down, do some vigorous exercise, punch a pillow or the likes. You can actually turn your anger into something constructive.

Trace

Posted

I can't do it no matter how hard I try.

Posted

I wonder what some people do just to relax. I just want to be happy and treat people with respect again.

Posted

Not sure if you are on any medication at the moment - but wanted to share my experience lately. My doc upped my dose of cymbalta to 120mg - about two weeks later I was just mad at everything - she immediately cut me back to 90mg - and I settled down. So if you have meds - have a talk with your pdoc.

Posted

I've been on so many changes with mine, but I'm still the same.

Posted

Hi Kidsurvivor

There are so many things that you can do to relax, go for a walk, people watch, meditate, watch movies, listen to music, have a bath, watch the weather and nature (that can be incredibly relaxing, funnily enough, so can people watching).

Trace

Posted

You wrote you wanted to be a respectful person but now are getting angry a lot. I believe there might be an important message for you behind your anger. I don't know what it is, but I think such anger can't come out of nowhere, out of thin air, it has to have a reason.

About being a respectful person, what do you mean by that? It can mean good things but I also think it can mean bad things with respect to oneself. Being respectful doesn't mean you can't get angry - you can. Being respectful doesn't mean you have to always do what others tell you to, to always rise up to others' expectations. Maybe it's my own background speaking here, but I had the idea, as you mentioned being born a respectful person, that maybe you have been respectful of other people, but not giving enough respect to yourself, not doing what you yourself wanted to do? This has been my own experience and I can't speak for your behalf. But is there anything similar to this in your past experience?

I hope you would be able to release that anger in a constructive, controlled anger.

Posted

What I mean by respectful is that I appreciate, love, and accept EVERYBODY for who they are. It's how I was raised. In this day and age, there are not very many people like this anymore. I want to be somebody who can make a difference in somebody else's life, but I can't do that if I'm going to be hostile all the time. I feel as if the anger is the only way I can relax and not think about anything. Sure when I'm angry, I'm tense, but I'm more relaxed than if I'm feeling upbeat for some reason. When I feel upbeat, I just want to go out and live life, but I can't. I've had so many things happen to me that I can't control myself anymore. It's like a mixed bag of emotions, with anger being the only slightly better option.

Posted

One thing that I have realized is that anger can also come from a need to change. Is there anything that you feel like you should change in your life?

Posted (edited)

I have found that anger can come from not being able to control something or someone. When you become angry try to think about that -- ask yourself if you are angry because something happened over which you have no control. Or someone said something that you can't control.

It's just a thought. I could be completely wrong, but in some cases anger can be linked to wanting to control.

Edited by LibraryLady

Posted

That's just the thing. I need to get out of my current situation, but it's impossible to right now.