Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Anger Spiraling Out Of Control

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 KidSurvivor2011

KidSurvivor2011

Community Assistant

• DF Support
  • 775 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:40 AM

I really don't know what to do, I honestly don't. I'm getting angry out of nowhere for no particular reason. I am mad at people in general. I'm mad at people I know and don't know. This isn't who I am; I was born to be a respectful person. Not only this, I get angry over every little thing. Again, I don't know what to do. The stress is going to get to me some day. I just want to cry...
~ KidSurvivor2011

#2 Trace

Trace

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,085 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:22 AM

Hi KidSurvivor2011

So many things can manifest anger. You can work through these anger issues with the correct help. Anger management may help. Take a look in Psych Ed 101, there are two pinned topics on anger management. Also remember to vent your anger in a healthy way, write it down, do some vigorous exercise, punch a pillow or the likes. You can actually turn your anger into something constructive.

Trace
Listen in deep silence. Be very still and open your mind.... Sink deep into the peace that waits for you beyond the frantic, riotous thoughts and sights and sounds of this insane world. - A course of miracles.

True beauty must come, must be grown, from within.... - Ralph W Trine.

Posted Image

#3 KidSurvivor2011

KidSurvivor2011

Community Assistant

• DF Support
  • 775 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:54 AM

I can't do it no matter how hard I try.
~ KidSurvivor2011

#4 KidSurvivor2011

KidSurvivor2011

Community Assistant

• DF Support
  • 775 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:35 AM

I wonder what some people do just to relax. I just want to be happy and treat people with respect again.
~ KidSurvivor2011

#5 PinkyOH

PinkyOH

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:23 PM

Not sure if you are on any medication at the moment - but wanted to share my experience lately. My doc upped my dose of cymbalta to 120mg - about two weeks later I was just mad at everything - she immediately cut me back to 90mg - and I settled down. So if you have meds - have a talk with your pdoc.

#6 KidSurvivor2011

KidSurvivor2011

Community Assistant

• DF Support
  • 775 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:28 PM

I've been on so many changes with mine, but I'm still the same.
~ KidSurvivor2011

#7 Trace

Trace

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • 52,085 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:03 AM

Hi Kidsurvivor

There are so many things that you can do to relax, go for a walk, people watch, meditate, watch movies, listen to music, have a bath, watch the weather and nature (that can be incredibly relaxing, funnily enough, so can people watching).

Trace
Listen in deep silence. Be very still and open your mind.... Sink deep into the peace that waits for you beyond the frantic, riotous thoughts and sights and sounds of this insane world. - A course of miracles.

True beauty must come, must be grown, from within.... - Ralph W Trine.

Posted Image

#8 Curtis81

Curtis81

• Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:14 AM

You wrote you wanted to be a respectful person but now are getting angry a lot. I believe there might be an important message for you behind your anger. I don't know what it is, but I think such anger can't come out of nowhere, out of thin air, it has to have a reason.

About being a respectful person, what do you mean by that? It can mean good things but I also think it can mean bad things with respect to oneself. Being respectful doesn't mean you can't get angry - you can. Being respectful doesn't mean you have to always do what others tell you to, to always rise up to others' expectations. Maybe it's my own background speaking here, but I had the idea, as you mentioned being born a respectful person, that maybe you have been respectful of other people, but not giving enough respect to yourself, not doing what you yourself wanted to do? This has been my own experience and I can't speak for your behalf. But is there anything similar to this in your past experience?

I hope you would be able to release that anger in a constructive, controlled anger.
Love will tear us apart.

My medication: heavy metal, internet, lame jokes, toasted rye bread and chocolate.

#9 KidSurvivor2011

KidSurvivor2011

Community Assistant

• DF Support
  • 775 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:51 AM

What I mean by respectful is that I appreciate, love, and accept EVERYBODY for who they are. It's how I was raised. In this day and age, there are not very many people like this anymore. I want to be somebody who can make a difference in somebody else's life, but I can't do that if I'm going to be hostile all the time. I feel as if the anger is the only way I can relax and not think about anything. Sure when I'm angry, I'm tense, but I'm more relaxed than if I'm feeling upbeat for some reason. When I feel upbeat, I just want to go out and live life, but I can't. I've had so many things happen to me that I can't control myself anymore. It's like a mixed bag of emotions, with anger being the only slightly better option.
~ KidSurvivor2011

#10 Rattler6

Rattler6

• PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:50 PM

One thing that I have realized is that anger can also come from a need to change. Is there anything that you feel like you should change in your life?
Virtus perdurat.

#11 LibraryLady

LibraryLady

• Just Registered
  • 2,871 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:26 PM

I have found that anger can come from not being able to control something or someone. When you become angry try to think about that -- ask yourself if you are angry because something happened over which you have no control. Or someone said something that you can't control.

It's just a thought. I could be completely wrong, but in some cases anger can be linked to wanting to control.

Edited by LibraryLady, 03 April 2012 - 06:26 PM.

LibraryLady

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read!"
Groucho Marx

Diagnosis: Depression; General Anxiety Disorder; Eating Disorder - Binging

Meds I've tried: Welbutrin; Cymbalta; Xanex
Current Meds: Prozac; Buspar

Other issues: Rheumatoid Arthritis, diagnosed at age 35 (I'm 57 now); three bulging discs in lower spine; very overweight; severe allergies; migraine headaches all the time.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 KidSurvivor2011

KidSurvivor2011

Community Assistant

• DF Support
  • 775 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:26 PM

That's just the thing. I need to get out of my current situation, but it's impossible to right now.
~ KidSurvivor2011

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users