Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

How Do You Experience Anxiety?

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

Poll: How Do You Experience Anxiety? (144 member(s) have cast votes)

Which type(s) of anxiety disorder do you have?

1. Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) (100 votes [35.59%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.59%

2. Social anxiety disorder/Social phobia (74 votes [26.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.33%

3. Agoraphobia (16 votes [5.69%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.69%

4. Other phobia(s) - please explain (10 votes [3.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.56%

5. Panic disorder (52 votes [18.51%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.51%

6. Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) (22 votes [7.83%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.83%

7. Other(s) - please explain (7 votes [2.49%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.49%

Do you think anxiety is your worst problem?

1. Yes (78 votes [54.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 54.17%

2. No (26 votes [18.06%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.06%

3. Not sure (40 votes [27.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.78%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Gangling

Gangling

• PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 05:56 AM

With the social anxiety, when I am in large crouds, I start to get this feeling of "pressure" of too many people around me. My hearing starts to become so accute that I start to get overwhelmed by the noise around me and I just want to shout for everyone to "keep it down!". I start to get impatient and agitated and can't wait to get out of the situation. This has often led to family rows where I would start pestering my family to get out of the shop as quick as possible, yet they aren't nearly close to finished doing their shopping. When I am on my own and the que is too long, I would often just drop what I was about to buy in favor of getting out of there.

In pressure situations, like with a encrouching dead-line, I would start to get this P**kly sensation down my back, as though my body is trying to sweat but my pours are clogged and my ears would start ringing. I would start getting "nervous tremours" and often would have difficulty in keeping my head still. This obviously doesn't help the situation as it just agrevates the need to finish what I am doing, which leads to even more mistakes. Executive Dysfunction often causes me to get my self into unnecissary pressure situations and I hate my self for it, which of course adds to the chaos :P

"If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you” - Nietzsche

Bipolar Disorder: Manic Dep, Exec Dysfunction, Gen Anxiety, Social Anxiety
Marfan's Syndrome: Cardio Vasc inv (MVP), Joint/Limb inv, Sight inv, Classic Marfanoid Appearance, no Scolliosis/Mjr Pectus
Current Medications: BP (Lithium, Lamictal, Welbutrine, Fluoxitine), MFS (Cardicor, Coxflam, Tenston-SA), Other (Tegretol)

#42 c4bb0ose

c4bb0ose

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:46 AM

It just seems to appear, I get it more often if I have been having head pressure or tension headaches (which also come on an off with no explanation), everytime time iwthout fail, I get a sense of foreboding, followed by chest tightness, welled up feeling, like you have been crying (I hardly ever cry) and just really bad ideas shoot through your head,I have to take deep breaths or yawns as I get that feeling quite a bit.

Only things that have seemed to have triggered it (bearing in mind It often just comes out of the blue) is eating bananas, ************* right before bed and exercise right before bed( sometimes after exercising normally, or over exerting my self).

it is a mystery for the most part, although all of these problems 1st arose when I was stressing about school work (which I got done funnily enough) but ever since that night I have not been the same.

#43 Gangling

Gangling

• PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 09:35 AM

Hi c4bb0ose

Without causing alarm or negating the possibility of it very well being Anxiety the one thing you have to remember is that Anxiety can mimic heart-problems and vice versa.

The fact that you don't have a obvious trigger, head-pressure/headaches, tightness in the chest, foreboding combined with possible triggers of exercise and over exertion, all sounds like warning bells to me. Just to be on the safe side, I would suggest you have your family doctor perform an EKG. It takes less than five min's and most medical aids will cover it as a normal consultation.

Wether you suffer from Anxiety or not, chest pains and/or discomfort and especially physical symptoms after exercise should not be taken lightly and should be brought to your doctors attention at the earliest point in time.

Sever chest pains, nausia and numbness in your arms, combined, are serious indications of heart-problems and you should immediately make a visit to the local ER. They are well trained in identifying wether it is anxiety/panic attacks and know all too well the importance of taking heart-problems seriously so they wont scoff at you are get mad at you if it turns out to be anxiety.

Gangling

"If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you” - Nietzsche

Bipolar Disorder: Manic Dep, Exec Dysfunction, Gen Anxiety, Social Anxiety
Marfan's Syndrome: Cardio Vasc inv (MVP), Joint/Limb inv, Sight inv, Classic Marfanoid Appearance, no Scolliosis/Mjr Pectus
Current Medications: BP (Lithium, Lamictal, Welbutrine, Fluoxitine), MFS (Cardicor, Coxflam, Tenston-SA), Other (Tegretol)

#44 onegirlarmy87

onegirlarmy87

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:26 PM

My anxiety has caused depression, ocd and fibromyalgia. I've been too scared to do much of anything. I've drove maybe 5 times in 4 months. Driving used to be one of my favorite things to do. I'm 25. I'm too scared to shower. I do shower, but I have to pump myself up and I am as quick as possible. It has completely changed my life. I'm constantly checking my symptoms online. I don't want to, but its like a compulsion. Ill spend ho

#45 onegirlarmy87

onegirlarmy87

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:29 PM

Urs. And I hate every moment of it. I'm in constant pain. Dizzy. And just feeling like I'm going to drop dead any moment. Anxiety is straight from hell. But we will all overcome. I'm not losing hope.
  • starla1979 likes this

#46 c4bb0ose

c4bb0ose

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:20 AM

Hmm, I might raise the point with my gp, cheers gangling.

#47 Sarahloubee

Sarahloubee

• Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:05 PM

I suffer from depression and anxiety but anxiety is my worst problem.
It generally occurs in relation to other people, mainly friends and my mother.
The effects are very physical which is a very, very bad thing!

I shake, vomit and sometimes I get dizzy and can't focus my eyes. It's really scary, especially if I'm in public rather than at home. I take sertraline to help me generally but does anyone have advice on how to deal with these physical symptoms at the time?

Thanks!

Don't sweat the small stuff...It's all small stuff.

#48 crunchynut

crunchynut

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:28 AM

this has been a really interesting read! I suffer with GAD only and in comparrison to what i have read, its fairly mild. I get the racing thoughts and chills, feel tense, gring teeth, insomnia and find it hard to relax.

I was on lexapro which was being weaned off. i had about 10 days on 2.5 and was feeling great. I figured i would stop it then. I was off it for about a week then my symptoms returned....now i am day 3 just finished back on 2.5mg. such a small amount yet today i simply could not go to work (normally i can do double shifts!) cancelled lunch with friend (normally love going out to lunch.

I am supposed to be working tomorrow but i just want to stay in. This is what i was like when i started lexapro, i felt worse anxiety before i got better. I sure hope it doesnt last much longer.

This morning i felt so awful. i forced myself to do some sewing, then watched a movie, had a snooze and forced myself to do more sewing just to push through it. As soon as i am unoccupied, i feel so tense.

The only time i felt anxious ect on lexapro 2.5mg was when i was premenstrual, but i had enough mental strength to deal with it.

I dont think i will come off lexapro again.

#49 blackcompe

blackcompe

• PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:15 PM

I was perfectly fine one day. I never experienced even a grain of depression/anxiety; couldn't ask for more in life. Then I had a concussion, and my like came to a screeching halt. I pretty much left the life I knew behind. Forgot about my friends, stop working, eventually dropped out of school, and isolated myself in my parents home. 7 years later, I'm still here and feeling worse. I've been hospitalized 3 or 4 times for panic attacks, and have yet to feel relief for depression/anxiety over the last 3 years of treatment. I generally refuse to do all things with friends and family because (1) I'm depressed as hell and generally don't experience enough pleasure to warrant the effort, and (2) because I have unbearable GAD, SAD, and panic disorder, which puts me in a constant state of fear.

I'm currently doing TMS for depression, which seems doubtful, and I'm trying to slowly get back on medication for (hopefully) an adequate amount of time by braving the panic attacks I have revolving around taking meds. [Great... I have panic towards the one thing that can stop my panic.] As much as it pains me to expose myself, I really have no other options, as it's quite hard to get the assistance of pdocs when your medication history isn't good. ECT may be in my future, but it's a little early to tell. Or is it? Heh. Unfortunately, I can't afford to see the pdoc I think is willing to help me the most.

I experienced the onset of both depression and anxiety as one, so I can't tell if one is the result of other. I feel like depression is the core problem, but anxiety is a major annoyance right now, especially when it inhibits me from following proper treatment protocol.

If it weren't for the support of my family, I'd be homeless. Nevertheless, I'll never give up, and one day I know this will be a thing of the past.

Edited by blackcompe, 21 July 2012 - 05:30 PM.

This information is of a general nature and is not intended to be used as medical advice. I am not a practicing physician. Please use this information at your own risk.

#50 BKLD

BKLD

• PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:04 PM

I have depression and GAD. With anxiety, the attacks seemingly come out of nowhere, and I'll feel an uncomfortable pressure in my chest, shake, and sweat. However bad these panic attacks are, it's my extreme social phobia that really rules my life. I have such trouble talking to people face to face, and phone calls leave me literally in a state of panic. The only way I can talk comfortably is in text, emails, forums and such. I also hate large crowds, and social functions tire me out very quickly.

#51 Graffin

Graffin

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:37 PM

Hello. For me my anxiety seems to come from a few different angles. The first major issue which has been with me since my early teens has been related to insecurity with my appearance. On the surface, I know these insecurities are all in my head. I know that even if they weren't, they're a silly thing to spend so much of my life worrying about. But even so, beyond the surface, there's something deep inside of me making me doubt the things which should be common sense, even to the extent of making me feel a weird kind of guilt over the way I look.

Secondly social anxiety, I guess. Part of it I suppose stems from the above issue I mentioned, but there's just a crippling fear of meeting up with people in general. As I've posted before I've become somewhat a shut-in these past 2 years, avoiding social situations as much as possible. People seem to think that I've snubbed them on purpose, but it just isn't the case and I wish I could explain things. It just feels ridiculously hard to talk to other people about the way I feel in person, I have so much respect for the people who are able to do it. I hope I'll be able to do so one day.

Finally, there's an issue which generates so much anxiety it's unreal. I dare not even broach the subject, as silly as it may sound it feels like there would be consequences for doing so. The actual subject matter is inconsequential I think anyway, the thing I find alarming is the way my mind wants to deal with it. It's as if I've developed certain thought patterns which alleviates the anxiety of the perceived situation/thought. I've had the issue for as long as I can remember to some extent. It's not pure anxiety I guess, from what I've read it sounds similar to OCD, but I'm not exactly qualified to self diagnose. The reason I mention it is I've noticed when my overall anxiety/stress levels are high this particular issue gets much worse.

#52 WiltedRose52

WiltedRose52

• PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:48 PM

I have depression, GAD, and Panic Disorder. My depression I believe stems from my anxiety. I'm almost always anxious, but only depressed sometimes. I get anxious about everything, it's like my mind and body way overreact to everything. I hate being out in public. I hate being in crowds or having people too close to me. I've had panic attacks just from someone breathing over my shoulder. I don't like going to family functions because of it, and it sucks. Before I lost my job (because of my battle with mental illness), I would shake literally the entire time at work, sweat like crazy, and feel as though I was on the verge of screaming.

Hang on when you are barely breathing

Hang on when your heart's still beating

Hang on, just don't ever let go

#53 Earthchild

Earthchild

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:42 PM

OK

#54 Earthchild

Earthchild

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:58 PM

Apologies for my last one word post. I'm posting from my phone since I have no other Internet access.
I get horrible health anxiety about any small ailment. My anxious brain automatically assumes it's the worst possible thing and that it will **** me. That makes panic attacks even more horrifying. Last summer I convinced myself I had lymphoma and had expensive blood tests done. Last fall it was throat cancer. The last 6 months it's been skin cancer. Over the last couple days my wisdom tooth has been swelling and now I'm convincing myself the infection is spreading to my body and making me septic. Unfortunately I don't have dental insurance and my rich parents refuse to help me out since I'm at the 'ripe old age' of 23 and should be able to handle all my own expenses.
Hopefully this celexa kicks in soon and chills me out!

#55 friendlessguy

friendlessguy

• Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:55 AM

Hey

At the moment im not coping with my anxiety, anxiety has controlled my life for a long time. Everytime i want to do something, i think "What if its the wrong decision im making?", "What if i get hurt?", "Its too dangerous, i should probably not do it". Worst case scenarios are going through my head everyday and wholeday, its almost like my mind cant switch off. The anxiety that im experiencing is very bad, i usually get so nervous that i cant even speak, i start to stutter, my heart beats faster, my hands get sweaty, my voice shakes and my face starts twitching. Sometimes my panic attacks are so bad that it feels like im detaching from the rest of the world, everything seems so different and distorted and i become extremely jumpy. My ears become so sensitive that any small sound will make me jump because everything seems so much louder when im getting a panic attack. Anxiety has destroyed my life, it has stopped me from doing many things that i wanted to do, sometimes i just feel like staying indoors (my anxiety has isolated me from the rest of the world). I suffer from generalized anxiety disorder and ocd.

#56 stuckndamuck

stuckndamuck

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:26 PM

Well here is the short version, I've had the chronic anxiety attacks for 10 years, it certainly produces many real physical symptoms, they vary but I always have several going at once, and it most certainly has been life controlling. I have severe depression as well, and they feed each other. Its a circle and no meds work on me. I'm alone too, and that makes me worse, as I hate being alone. Though I still had attacks, I was able to do better than when alone. I'm a veteran and have been very unhappy with past care at the VA hospitals.

#57 LeedsUnitedForLife

LeedsUnitedForLife

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

any noise makes me jump and I feel on edge a lot..

#58 daphnejoy

daphnejoy

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:33 PM

I am so glad I am not alone in my anxiety, (but I really wish for all of us it would go away). The anxiety I feel sometimes almost immobilizes me. At its worst I feel like I can't talk or communicate with the outside world and when I do I feel like it's someone else talking because I am somewhere deep inside. Most of the time it's not that bad though, thank goodness. Mostly I feel like I am jacked up on coffee. I rarely drink coffee anymore, and never first thing in the morning, because of the anxiety. Tea doesn't seem to affect me the same way. It's just this turmoil in my gut that won't go away. And sometimes it makes me feel all shakey. I have had to leave work before because of a panic attack. I didn't think I was going to be able to drive all the way home. But I did. Sometimes I can manage it well, by regulating self talk, convincing myself it's excitement instead of anxiety, or by just forcing myself to do things. Sometimes I can't. I love to shop. When anxiety kept me from thrift shopping I knew it was bad! That may sound silly, but for me thrift shopping is a wonderful adventure! And if I can't get out of my house to do that, I am really struggling.

I have exercised when feeling this way, and at first it feels like my heart is going to beat right out of my chest!  But once I get my breathing regulated it helps for a while. But there have been times I feel anxiety after a work out too. :(

In the past I used to have panic attacks....they felt more managable because they would go away. Now it is this feeling of anxiety most of the time.

Someone mentioned being exhausted because of the anxiety. I totally relate. It's so draining. And I feel like it does make me more forgetful too.

When I just have anxiety and there is no reason, not even a small reason, somehow it makes me more anxious because there is no explanation. Explanations help me manage anxiety. (Even if the explanation isn't true really, it can still help! Does that make sense to anyone else?)

I wish everyone at least some moments of restful peace today.

• LiviMarie likes this

#59 Extremebeginner

Extremebeginner

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:58 PM

At least benzos work well on anxiety, but you can't take them all the time.... I wish you could because I am only able to sleep now, otherwise anxiety comes back and destroys me. Before starting cymbalta I was an insomniac, but it made me so sleepy I took it at night and now sleep, but it doesn't help much for the anxiety... Mind you it doesn't take much for me to get anxious, the kids ask a question, the wind changes direction, it get too cold, whatever. It exhibits as a need to get to bed, leave the store with or without the food, before I pass out or do something stupid.... Is anybody else this screwed up with anxiety, and what helped you most.

#60 Now_or_Never

Now_or_Never

• PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:22 AM

I've had social anxiety since I could converse. I spent the first years hiding behind my mom. At school I didn't talk to people and would cry at the suggestion...depression started when I was 13, along with an ED. Now I'm on meds and still don't go out of my way to talk to people, but don't get sad about it like I used to. I can laugh at my problems, which I can now see the rediculous nature of.
  • starla1979 likes this

#61 Now_or_Never

Now_or_Never

• PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:24 AM

Oh and keeping blood sugars level really helps the anxiety a lot for me. Too little sugar, too much exercise makes it really bad.

#62 LiviMarie

LiviMarie

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:06 PM

I think in general my depression and anxiety are hand in hand. I can remember being a very small child in preschool and being terrified to go home bc for some reason I thought i would get a spanking. Thats how my anxiety started I think. I would do something at school or before school and be scared all day of the beating that was waiting for me at home. Not to say my parents were bad people. I know now that my mom was dealing with her own mental illnesses. I wish i could have one day completely free of anxiety and suicidal thoughts.

#63 Natalie0

Natalie0

• Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:09 AM

I have depression and anxiety with social phobia too. I'm pretty sure I have GAD too but never been diagnosed with it officially. For me the depression came first and then the anxiety came out of nowhere when I was in social situations and that happened for about a year and then I started getting constant anxiety. Then I pretty much became housebound except for going to school so I don't think I was an agoraphobic, I just couldn't cope being around people. I was lucky I went to a very small school for people with mental health problems. I had therapy until I was 15 and I was getting on good until about a year ago when my panic attacks came back for no reason and now I'm on medication for that and the last few months I've had pretty bad depression. 

#64 rabbitheartedgirl

rabbitheartedgirl

• Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:52 AM

I think I've always had social anxiety but a lot of people chalked it up to me being shy (I am to a degree, but I'm an introvert moreso).  When I was in college, I hit my first bout of severe depression, and I had anxiety attacks a couple times between classes.  I've not had any those severe since, but I still get pretty anxious.  I have just had to force myself to find ways to deal with it and control it as much as I can.  The one thing that really sets off my anxiety like nothing else though is large crowds.  I am so so so so uncomfortable in large crowds, and my anxiety is intense until I can get someplace where there aren't so many people.  Sometimes when I'm with other people in such a situation, I have to tell them I need to get away from the crowd, and they're good about understanding because they see me getting fairly agitated.

#65 Jbarnski

Jbarnski

• PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:04 PM

Anxiety has taken my life from me. I can no longer go out the door on my own, be left alone, I can't take a trip to the shops, get on public transport, talk to people I don't know, sleep, spend time away from my fiancé. I just can't seem to do it. I have no life because of this, drives me mad. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

19. female. england.

Current disorders; Severe depression, Severe anxiety, Panic attacks, Bipolar disorder, Mania, Lucid dreams, Post traumatic stress, Insomnia, OCD.

Current medication; Sertraline 50mg.

#66 Mikiwolf

Mikiwolf

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:07 AM

I have had Anxiety for 11 years and only started dealing with it when i turned 17 ( im now 21) I was on meds for about 2 years and then stopped because i got pregnant, ever sense then i havent been of of meds and my anxiety has only gotten worse, i have a job and i just dont think i can do it anymore...im not happy at all. I dont like it when people try an come up and ask me questions during work and having to talk to them. I just want to go home, stay inside with my daughter and play with her when she is with me( she is at her dads most of the time), but i know that isnt good for her either...I'm not happy doing what i do for work, every night i go to sleep dreading having to go to work in the morning, and every morning i just barely get up to go and do my job..

#67 near

near

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:27 AM

I don't have a diagnosis (yet), but my psych has pointed out that I have a terrible fear of rejection, and almost all of my anxieties, and my depression, are are result of it. 

I avoid many situations that make me anxious, have suffered from depression multiple times, and have weird physical stuff. I also suffered from panic attacks (hyperventilation), but I haven't had one anymore in almost a year. The biggest problem is the constant worrying and barely having a social life.

Anxiety blog www.chondriac.tk - Online diary

#68 forgtmenot

forgtmenot

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:55 AM

I've had depression for a long time so no it didn't trigger it. The anxiety came much later. I believe being in college has triggered it. I have ADD and tend to procrastinate my school work which then causes me to have a panic attack. When I panic I cry, hyperventilate, and I feel like my heart is racing. It feels so awful sometimes I just want to die. I am not really dealing with it as I still have panic attacks sometimes. I also worry constantly in general about dying, other people dying, having a disease (most recently I've been worrying constantly about having HIV which I most likely do not have but am too scared to get tested haha I reaize how insane this is).  I also have social anxiety and  I have very few friends because of this. Anxiety runs my life pretty much.

Fluoxetine 10mg, methylphenidate 10mg/x2

Major depressive disorder, ADHD (inattentive type), General Anxiety

#69 Morgan17

Morgan17

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:46 PM

I have always had a fear of being in front of very large groups. This goes back to school events as a kid and up through my professional career. However, I was always very adept socially in most any other situation (smaller groups, one on one).

The older I get though, I have developed more anxiety over other social situations. I have increasingly turned into a bit of a loner. I'm a fortunate in having a supportive, loving wife and one child.

I recently became aware of the fact that my job is in serious jeopardy. This is creating a tremendous amount of anxiety. I realize this is largely normal. However, in my case, I fear it is worse than it is for others as I am envisioning scenarios involving having to starting over at a new company where I don't know anyone and it is bringing front and center in my life my social anxieties (being introduced to large groups of new people "forced" socializing outside work with new peers, etc). The thought of this is really frightening to me.

I'm coping the best I know how. Just taking one day at a time, exercising, eating well, trying to get adequate rest, etc. I'm planning on looking at med options soon. I'm glad I found this forum as well. As we all know, it is easy to feel like you are the only person out there dealing with this level of anxiety. It is comforting to know I am not alone.

#70 OceanBreeze9721

OceanBreeze9721

Community Assistant

• DF Support
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:50 AM

I've been have more anxiety lately, mostly due to stress.  I've been experiencing tense shoulders, chest pains, shallow breathing, racing thoughts, feeling "trapped" like I don't want to move or can't move.  I forget that I can try to change the moment and feel stuck in that emotion or state. 

Don't let your emotions be in control of you.  You be in control of your emotions.

When worry thoughts come up, ask if it is something that I can let go of.  Is it something I have to worry about or can I let it go.  Count backwards from ten and let it go.

To not feel awkward in social situations, act interested in others and it will ease some of the anxieties.

Breathe relax and regroup even if for a few seconds.

Balance down time with activities and exercise. Not too much sleep and not too much exercise.

Set realistic goals and check them once in a while.

Don't let only negative thoughts be the ones to focus on, focus on the good things, even if only a few.

#71 lindy66

lindy66

Just Registered

• Just Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:46 AM

Hello All

I have just subscribed to this website,

I have been suffering GAD and panic attacks for quite a few years now but it has got alot worse recently, the worst thing is attacks seem to come out of nowhere, 

I get the pressure in my head, nausea, shakes, detached feeling and about to pass out,but ringing in my ears is constant. IT IS A NIGHTMARE! 

It's started to effect my work and my family life. 

I worry that i'm going to have a stroke or heart attack, i even started taking aspirin everyday just in case! 

I know i have to learn to not worry about everything but it is easier said than done.

I don;t want to take medication and would rather know if there is a herbal remedy that would help out there!   :verysad3:

#72 Danyellmcc

Danyellmcc

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:11 PM

My anxiety came first and caused my depression (well, it was one of the causes of my depression). Back then I would have said my anxiety, but my depression now seems to be my worst problem...I guess. :/

That sounds like me, I've always had anxiety but it led to my depression, 100%

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users