Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Depression With Comorbid Ocd

depression OCD effexor comorbid

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 livingproof

livingproof

ID: 75710

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:55 PM

I have moderate/severe OCD comorbid with moderate/severe depression. I am now on Effexor. I just started today and so obviously it hasn't started working but I come to you all for help as well as my doctor and therapist. I was wondering if any of you have felt like you could never be positive, and that you couldn't be a part of society? Have any of you ever felt you would rather be in misery because while it hurts, it is a comfortable place? I feel defective right now. Has anyone felt this way, or is it just me? I feel like a bottomless pit. I can't concentrate on anything. Please help...

#2 Lisa15

Lisa15

Community Assistant

ID: 75690

• DF Support
  • 582 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:29 PM

Hi Livingproof,

I'm so sorry you're in so much pain. I don't have OCD, but I have had several episodes of moderate/severe depression, and what you say you are feeling is very familiar to me, too. When I'm in The Pit (as I call my depressive episodes), I also feel extremely defective and have difficulty with concentration. As for preferring to be in misery because it is a comfortable place, that too is familiar. Have you ever had a time in your life when you weren't depressed or plagued by OCD? If so, maybe knowing that will help. I don't know that depression is actually a comfortable place, but fear of the unknown of what you'll have to go through to try to climb out can be VERY uncomfortable. But I'm in remission now, and I'm here to tell you that scary as it is, remission is worth it. I call it "remission" because I've had two previous episodes and never know when/if it will strike again. But I do believe that with meds and therapy, many of us can find relief, if not remission. So, please don't give up hope. All of us here on the DF either are where you are, or were where you are, and we are here to support you in whatever way we can. Please feel free to look around the topics and see if you find anything interesting or helpful. And whenever you need a shoulder to cry on, or an encouraging wish, we are here for you.
  • livingproof likes this

#3 livingproof

livingproof

ID: 75710

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:17 PM

Thank you so much. I might be posting in the coming weeks. This really helped me get through tonight. One day at a time :)
  • Lisa15 likes this

#4 Avian86

Avian86

ID: 43921

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:42 PM

I have OCD with depression, as well as about 10 other illnesses mixed in. I don't think I'll ever become a functional part of society anymore. The harder I try to push forward, the harder everyone pushes back. The top gets higher the more that I climb...

#5 starr

starr

Silver Member

ID: 1886

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:43 AM

Hi,

I have depression with anxiety and OCD and am
on a combo of zoloft,abilify and neurontin. My
depression is under complete control but I worry
constantly. We are self-employed and I worry
about the business all the time even though we
have done well for close to 20 years. This economy
isnt helping and I cant get through an hour without
going over and over in my head worrysome thoughts.
I heard luvox was really good for OCD but I hate
to mess with my meds since my depression is
under control. I really hate this disease!!

best wishes to everyone,
starr

#6 mef123

mef123

Advanced Member

ID: 59347

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:50 PM

I know how you feel. I'm in the same spot as you. I'm scared to get better because of the unknown. I have OCD, social anxiety, agoraphobia and depression because of it all. I feel very lost. I was just diagnosed with OCD last week so it really hasn't set in.

Hope you feel better soon.

Michele
never give up...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users