Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jacobpdx

Taking Lexapro And Just Added Abilify

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Advertisement

I have suffered from pretty heavy duty depression for about 20 years. My last successful medication combo was 100 mg Zoloft and 150mg Wellbutrin. After 12 years on that, they started to "poop out" and so we decided to try something else.

My Psychitrist started me on Lexapro and I gradually worked up to 20 mg, which I will say had some relief. I still felt though like something was missing and even if not severely depressed, just blah. At my last appointment she recommended trying a small dose of 2mg Abilify with the Lexapro and has seen great results.

I'm only on day 3, but seem to feel more edgy than before and my sleep is up/down/up/down throughout the night, even though I fall right asleep.

I would love anyone's input on if they went through this and if it got better or not.

Thank you in advance!

You might also be interested in:

Posted

Hi jacobpdx,

I only tried Lexapro by itself, never with Abilify, and I can say that it did make me quite a bit more anxious and I suffered insomnia. I've heard many people love Lexapro, so I'm not sure I'd give up on it. You may just suffer some of the reported start-up side effects, although I hope you feel better quickly, as I know what a pain it can be.

Much luck to you and you've joined a great community of caring people.

Sincerely,

MadieLousie

Posted

Hi jacobpdx, and welcome to DF! We are glad to have you here. This is a wonderful community, filled with kind caring people, who can relate, and offer you emotional support.

There is a lot of good information about depression here on the forum, and a lot of information about medications as well.

There is some info on Abilify in the pinned topics here in the Other Depression And Anxiety Medications room.

Hope that helps.

Posted

Hi,

I am on a combo of zoloft and abilify now and

am doing great on it. The zoloft worked pretty

good but all of my depression did not disappear

until we added the abilify. I am on 5mg and I

love it. I tried lexapro in the past but it didnt

do much for me - I am glad it is helping you.

best wishes,

starr

jacobpdx likes this

Posted

Abilify can increase anxiety in some people. That should go away like most start-up effects after the initial start-up phase as your body gets used to the med. If it doesn't or if it is too bothersome, contact your doctor.

Posted

Thank you all for the replies! Day four and I believe it's already a touch better; I should have a pretty good idea by day 7. This forum is awesome!