Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

My Mother 'you Dont Do What You Say Your Going To Do'

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kittendoll

kittendoll

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:15 PM

All she does is complain and drink. She knows I have alot of issues and she knows these meds im on are making me sleep 12+ hours and im a zombie when im awake (day 3, hopfully these side effects go away soon). Then she gets all upset when I go to my room because I dont want to hear it. My living situation is going to drive me insane while I try to get better. 'why didnt you empty the car? why didnt you do the dishes? why didnt you vaccume?', 'did you have a cat in the house? (yes mother i have 5 cats in the house)'.
Then last weekened I opened up to my sister and she decided to tell my mom. There are things im not ready to talk to her about (she abused me most of my life) and other things that I dont want to talk to her about. I dont know what all my sister told her, but geez its not her place, so now I have to deal with my mom trying to talk to me 'you shouldnt think like that' ect.

I have been depressed for years and finally let it out after a break up, i cant deal with my mom while trying to deal with myself. Why cant she just understand i dont want to be bothered and im going through a hard time right now.

#2 jimbow15

jimbow15

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,241 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:33 PM

Hi kittendoll,

​Sorry to hear that you are having such a hard time with your Mum. Your sister should have respected your confidentiality and let you inform your Mum in your own time. This has shaken your confidence in her and your self esteem.

Try , if you can to calmly explain to your Mother how difficult it is to handle your mental health problems when she is not giving you any support just criticism.

Try and find some mental health charities that support people in the community. They will have the time and expereince to listwn to you and perhaps some clubs and daily activities you can get involved in.

Keep as active as you can, try to see old and trusted friends (if you can) and perhaps see a close relative you get on with. In the meantime do your best to keep as positive as you can.

Try to keep yourself feeling positive and active. Read books, go for walks, care for your cats and join some groups.

Best Wishes

Jim Bow
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed." Albert E.

Information supplied on Depression Forums by members should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for medical advice from a health professional or doctor.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users