Advertisement

Scheduled Maintenance:

Please be aware that depressionforums will be down for a short period beginning from 02:00 EST (07:00 GMT) on Sunday 21st December for necessary maintenance. We apologise for the inconvenience and it should only take about 45 minutes.

• No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Time To Sign Up

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mtnman75

mtnman75

Just Registered

ID: 77244

• Just Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:39 PM

I have been visiting the forum for a year or two now - figured it was time to sign up. I have been dealing with therapy and meds for a while now and things are okay. Figured I should sign up before things hit a 'low spot' - not surprisingly, the time I need help most I am least likely to ask...

At present, no therapy or meds which is great - have been off for over a year now and things are pretty stable. Nice having a car, house, job again - hopefully I can keep things on track and not lose everything again. Seems silly that the things I work for are the things that end up causing stress. Nice having the car and house, but makes me worry about earning enough to pay for them.

Looking forward to jumping in the forums and getting / giving support.

#2 lindahurt

lindahurt

Platinum Member

ID: 53269

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,474 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:46 PM

Hello mtnaman75 and welcome to DF!

We are glad you finally decided to join. It such good news to hear you are doing well at this time and we can always use your support on the boards. Don't forget to let us know when you need help so we can offer you encouragement as well. Make yourself comfortable and we look forward to seeing more of you.

Lindahurt
Even in the most horrific of situations, one's attitude has an enormous role in shaping what happens ~ Viktor Frankl
In you lies the power to choose, to commit - Stephen Convey

The kind of person you want to become is greatly influence by your inner decisions, and not from outside influence alone. We can even under adverse circumstances, decide what shall become of us ~ Brian C. Stiller

Posted Image

#3 EvinLejonhjarta

EvinLejonhjarta

Platinum Member

ID: 12150

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,577 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:53 PM

Hello and welcome :) glad to have you with us :)
Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.
--- Kahlil Gibran

You have to be strong. Strength of heart will carry you through the hardest of trials.

#4 DreamAgain

DreamAgain

Community Assistant

ID: 76704

• DF Support
  • 574 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:55 PM

Welcome to the forum....I also decided to join after viewing for awhile.
Your friend, DreamAgain

"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around."
Leo Buscaglia

"...there is no beginning or end with mental illness, just one big middle. Sometimes that thought bums me out, but other times it takes the pressure off trying to get cured."
BenLP, friend on the DepressionForum :D

Post and let go...DreamAgain

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users