Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Emotions And Wellbutrin

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 lemon

lemon

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:08 AM

I've been struggling with depression and anxiety for going on 2 years now..
My anxiety is betterish but I'm still completely emotionless Ans have been for 16 months or so.. apart from anger now and worry I feel nothing... I've read that Wellbutrin can help get me feeling again and was curious if anyone had this issue and if Wellbutrin helped .. I'm on sertraline for anxiety also

Any input appreciated

Thanks
Lemon

#2 AquaViolet

AquaViolet

Senior Moderator

• Admin Team-Moderator
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:05 AM

Hi Lemon. I think you should talk with your doctor about what medications are best for you.
I have heard that Wellbutrin can cause anxiety, so talk with your doc.
Best wishes, and take care.
~~AquaViolet~~
Posted Image
Posted Image

My Diagnoses: Severe OCD, panic disorder, depression
My Current meds: Geodon, Cymbalta, Klonopin, Lyrica 

My Previous meds:
Prozac, Paxil, Celexa,
Lexapro, Luvox, Zoloft, Clomipramine (a horrible med for me),
Xanax, Seroquel, Zyprexa, Risperdal,
Gabapentin (this med did nothing), Buspar (also did nothing)

#3 lemon

lemon

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:19 AM

I've talked to my doctor but this doesn't seem to be one of his strong points and I can't just go to someone else due to insurance figured I'd ask here for first hand experience

#4 lindahurt

lindahurt

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,474 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:09 PM

Hi Lemon,

I'm on Wellbutrin and have been for years. Its one of my ADs. It very stimulating and can cause anxiety for some, so not everyone can tolerate it. I suffer with anxiety but take an anti-anxiety med on an as needed basis when its severe. Again, as with it other meds Wellbutrin is not easily tolerated by some. It works for me though.

Lindahurt
Even in the most horrific of situations, one's attitude has an enormous role in shaping what happens ~ Viktor Frankl
In you lies the power to choose, to commit - Stephen Convey

The kind of person you want to become is greatly influence by your inner decisions, and not from outside influence alone. We can even under adverse circumstances, decide what shall become of us ~ Brian C. Stiller

Posted Image

#5 LaurynJcat

LaurynJcat

• Platinum Member
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:19 AM

Hi Lemon.

Are you on some other medication?
"Be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here."
- William Ehrmann, from "Desiderata."  

"Nothing you ever did or that was ever done to you could touch, even in the slightest, the radiant essence of who you are."
- Ekhart Tolle, from _The Power of Now_.    Posted Image   Posted Image

#6 lemon

lemon

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:16 PM

I'm on sertraline for anxiety it helps but being emotionless causes my anxiety too because I feel so unreal makes me feel like I'm crazy LOL I know it sounds silly... but I used to be full of emotion and I mean I got super excited about things like can't sleep kind of excited.. and if a song I liked was on the radio I felt it Ans now good or bad I just don't seen to care no emotion for me.

Sorry about the lack of punctuation I'm using my cell phone

#7 LaurynJcat

LaurynJcat

• Platinum Member
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:34 AM

Wellbutrin is often prescribed to augment an ssri like sertraline, so I hope the combination will be good for you. Make sure to tell your doctor about your "emotionless" feeling. I've heard others experience the same thing and I'm not sure what will help. If you've only been on the sertraline a short time, hopefully that effect will diminish, or the W will help.
"Be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here."
- William Ehrmann, from "Desiderata."  

"Nothing you ever did or that was ever done to you could touch, even in the slightest, the radiant essence of who you are."
- Ekhart Tolle, from _The Power of Now_.    Posted Image   Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users