Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Could It Be The Zoloft Withdraw?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 charlie84

charlie84

• PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:24 PM

Hi all,

I've been cutting down my zoloft dose for a while now and untill about 3/4 days ago i was on 87,5 mg (1/2 of a 100 mg tab+ 1/2 of a 50 mg tab+1/4 of a 50 mg tab).

3 to 4 day ago, following my docs directions i uppes my dose of remeron from 22,5 to 30 and art the same time lowered the zoloft dose to 75 mg ( so i cut back 12,5 mg)

now I've been feeling more depressed and sad and anxious and with out motivation during these 3 to 4 days...

I'm wondering if it could be the zoloft withdraw... is there anyone out there that has had the same experience?

#2 Trace

Trace

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,085 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:01 AM

Hi Charlie

I am not a professional but both decreasing and increasing your meds can create side effects so it could be a mix of decreasing the Zoloft and increasing the Remeron. It should pass, but if you still feel this way in a while, then you should go back to your doc.

Trace
Listen in deep silence. Be very still and open your mind.... Sink deep into the peace that waits for you beyond the frantic, riotous thoughts and sights and sounds of this insane world. - A course of miracles.

True beauty must come, must be grown, from within.... - Ralph W Trine.

Posted Image

#3 MaddieLouise

MaddieLouise

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:48 PM

Hi Charlie84,

I've read that many people suffer this same type of change when increasing one medication and decreasing another. I'm sure it will take some time for your body to totally rid itself of the Zoloft and become fully functional with the Remeron.

I hope you start to feel better very soon.

Sincerely,

MaddieLouise
Posted ImagePosted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users