Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mrmerck

Lexapro Withdrawal Problems

2 posts in this topic

Posted

Advertisement

I requested to taper off Lexapro and Wellbutrin with the consent of my doctor.I was taking 10 mg of Lexapro for the past 4 years and have been tapering off for the past 3 months.Lately, it seems like I`ve hit a wall as I draw close to the plan to be completely med free.My current issue is sleep.It seems I get to sleep fine but wakeup in the wee hours of the morning and cannot go back to sleep.I work retail and during this holiday season my rest is essential.

I put in a call to my doc today but have not heard back.Any suggestions on how to get some normal sleep and functionality in my life?

Thanks!

You might also be interested in:

Posted

I requested to taper off Lexapro and Wellbutrin with the consent of my doctor.I was taking 10 mg of Lexapro for the past 4 years and have been tapering off for the past 3 months.Lately, it seems like I`ve hit a wall as I draw close to the plan to be completely med free.My current issue is sleep.It seems I get to sleep fine but wakeup in the wee hours of the morning and cannot go back to sleep.I work retail and during this holiday season my rest is essential.

I put in a call to my doc today but have not heard back.Any suggestions on how to get some normal sleep and functionality in my life?

Thanks!

My only suggestion would be to try taking an over the counter antihistamine such as Benadryl. There are many "off-brands" that contain the exact same active ingredient as Benadryl, which is called diphenhydramine. By the way, the OTC sleep aids (like Nytol, etc.) also contain diphenhydramine, but cost a lot more. Milk seems to help induce sleep too---