Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Afraid Of The Stomach Virus

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 toughfighter83

toughfighter83

• PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:59 PM

im so afraid of the stomach virus and i keep reading articles about it, that im constantly washing my hands and keep panicking about it, no one is sick here, i just keep hearing about a football player in my area having it or someone i know have it, i panic about that because i think im going to get sick, but is the stomach virus more overblown then what i think it is? because i know people around my area never get it, just my brother last year because he ate a cheeze steak hogue he get sick for 24 hours, like 6 days later my mom was eating a cheeze steak hogue, she get my sick from that too but not as bad as my brother because she didnt eat the whole thing, im assuming my brother ate the whole thing and got really sick from it got more poison. my dad didnt get it he was close contact with my mother and neither did i, i just dont understand if it's more about food poising than a stomach bug where you just have to go number 2 most of the time until it stops.

#2 lindahurt

lindahurt

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,474 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:49 PM

I've had stomach virus twice and the first one lasted about 3 days and the last one a couple of days. I felt tired and weak but it just took it course and left. I haven't had one since. You just have to be careful and rinse things off and cook thoroughly, and wash your hands before eating. Its the time of year where you might caught something but try not to obsess about it.

Lindahurt
Even in the most horrific of situations, one's attitude has an enormous role in shaping what happens ~ Viktor Frankl
In you lies the power to choose, to commit - Stephen Convey

The kind of person you want to become is greatly influence by your inner decisions, and not from outside influence alone. We can even under adverse circumstances, decide what shall become of us ~ Brian C. Stiller

Posted Image

#3 Trace

Trace

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,085 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:35 AM

Hi toughfighter83

Have you ever been diagnosed with OCD? I am not a professional, but you may want to take a look in the OCD Room.

Trace
Listen in deep silence. Be very still and open your mind.... Sink deep into the peace that waits for you beyond the frantic, riotous thoughts and sights and sounds of this insane world. - A course of miracles.

True beauty must come, must be grown, from within.... - Ralph W Trine.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users