Advertisement

Scheduled Maintenance:

Please be aware that depressionforums will be down for a short period beginning from 02:00 EST (07:00 GMT) on Sunday 21st December for necessary maintenance. We apologise for the inconvenience and it should only take about 45 minutes.

• No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Wellbutrin Sr 200 Mg (2X Per Day)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kittycat_nc

kittycat_nc

ID: 63674

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 07:59 PM

I have been on 150 mg for 6 months and October has been really hard.I saw my doctor a week ago and she recommended increasing to 400mg per day.

I have no insurance and with a discount I have been paying 24.00 for a 1 month prescription, but my pharmacy says that this new script will cost 128.00
( I asked why and was told it is very uncommon)

Anyone else on this dose? or have been on this dose

(PS anyone have any tips on discounts please send them my way...have not fille prescription yet as i still have a month of the 150 mg)

#2 lindahurt

lindahurt

Platinum Member

ID: 53269

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,474 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:16 PM

My doctor started me out on 150mgs and increase it over several months until I was up to 450XL for several months until my depression lifted and I was stabilized. Later doc took it down to 300XL which I'm taking now. The 300XL has been a therapuetic dosage for me.

There are generics like buproprion if you can't pay for the brand, so discuss some options with your doctor. You might want to ask your doctor for samples as well as discount coupons. I'm no longer on Ambiem but when I first started it three years ago, my psychiatrist gave me a coupon card that saved me an additional 20% off of my co-payment. You can also contact the maker and ask about discounts.

Lindahurt

Edited by lindahurt, 16 November 2011 - 08:19 PM.

Even in the most horrific of situations, one's attitude has an enormous role in shaping what happens ~ Viktor Frankl
In you lies the power to choose, to commit - Stephen Convey

The kind of person you want to become is greatly influence by your inner decisions, and not from outside influence alone. We can even under adverse circumstances, decide what shall become of us ~ Brian C. Stiller

Posted Image

#3 rdfan82

rdfan82

ID: 68270

• Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 03:49 AM

Are you in the U.S.? There are a lot of prescription discount cards out (such as the free City of Los Angeles one I found one day at the library which helped me with my Wellbutrin refills when I first moved here). I've also noticed some free ones coming in the mail along with Super market weekly ads and some pharmacies have their own which aren't free but the discount you get might be worth the monthly fee.

#4 mmurdock

mmurdock

Just Registered

ID: 71866

• Just Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 05:37 AM

Are you in the U.S.? There are a lot of prescription discount cards out (such as the free City of Los Angeles one I found one day at the library which helped me with my Wellbutrin refills when I first moved here). I've also noticed some free ones coming in the mail along with Super market weekly ads and some pharmacies have their own which aren't free but the discount you get might be worth the monthly fee.

You might want to consider online pharmacies from Canada or India. There are a lot of options for cheap generic versions out there. I have ordered for years and saved a lot. I don't think it is proper to mention my preferred pharmacy in public but I think it is ok to mention that the generic brand I order online is from Sun Pharma. Oh, and I would definitely think twice about buying the expensive XL version over the SR version. I think the XL version was launched as a patent extension trick and nothing else.

Btw:
Zyban = 150mg Bupropion = 150mg Wellbutrin. Zyban is not XL or SR version but the old version of Wellbutrin and is sold as a hair loss medication.

#5 cashcropper

cashcropper

Just Registered

ID: 71897

• Just Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:46 PM

Check your local Costco. You don't have to be a member for the pharmacy and I found that Bupropion was really cheap relative to other places I looked (and easy).

I take 200mg, 2x a day and I forgot what I paid, but 150mg SR is $0.47 a pill. (The 100mg pills are $0.54 a pill)

You can punch it in on their site.

Edited by cashcropper, 05 December 2011 - 10:49 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users