Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Cyberbullying

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tesscollett

tesscollett

• Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:10 AM

I am no stranger to bullying, whether it be emotional, mental, physical, verbal or cyber but when people think they have the right to tell you that you are an attention seeker for not hiding who you are, or telling you to end your life just because they know you have problems, how is that even happening?

Sorry for the rant but this kind of thing has lead me to keep my disorders a secret (bar 2/3 people) when sometimes I want to be able to post about it on my facebook or my tumblr page.

So frustrated.

Any suggestions?

#2 EvinLejonhjarta

EvinLejonhjarta

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,577 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 09:52 AM

I am no stranger to bullying, whether it be emotional, mental, physical, verbal or cyber but when people think they have the right to tell you that you are an attention seeker for not hiding who you are, or telling you to end your life just because they know you have problems, how is that even happening?

Sorry for the rant but this kind of thing has lead me to keep my disorders a secret (bar 2/3 people) when sometimes I want to be able to post about it on my facebook or my tumblr page.

So frustrated.

Any suggestions?

Hi Tess!

I know how you feel, I have had cyberbullying happen to me too! I went online on the messenger I was currently using to talk to that person who started bullying me and told them to stop!

The story in short was this:

We were friends, living in different countries.
We talked a lot about different stuff, their problems, and my problems too.
One day we talked about a common subject of interest for the both of us.
I explained my views on this subject and my friend totally changed instantly.
They went from being a nice, normal friend, to being a total mean and horrible person.
They started talking about me online at the forum where we met, all over the place, posting sarcastic comments about me and about my person etc.
None of the things they were saying were rude as such, just very sarcastic and mean.
I got fed up and tried to get the people in charge of the site to help me, but they said they could not do anything.
So, I took matters into my own hand and went online on the messenger I had to talk to that person and told them they can hate me and dislike me all they want, in their own head and in their own life, but that they are NOT to write about me ever again.
After a long discussion they agreed to never write about me again, and thus far, they have not written about me.

As for Facebook goes, you know you can block some people from seeing your status updates and other such? Or, you can also create a second account, where you just keep those few friends who you are trusting with your personal emotional stuff, and that way you can post about it without the other people seeing it who are saying rude things.

That's just my suggestion!!

:hugs:
Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.
--- Kahlil Gibran

You have to be strong. Strength of heart will carry you through the hardest of trials.

#3 knowmes

knowmes

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 08:47 AM

My best advice would be to block the people to harass you, there is always that option on facebook, I believe it is an option on tumblr as well, maybe separate your tumblr life from your social life so you can meet new and different people with similar interests rather than letting the same people who bully you to get in the way of the things you love, people only pick on people because they want to believe their life is better and they are not fully convinced, "bullies" feed on power and ego and as long as you don't give them that they will leave you alone.. for the most part, as long as you do you and show you love doing you it should throw them off their set path, most bullies are like bears going off of animal instincts, they don't really think things out, if you don't give them are target, what are they gonna shoot?

#4 soreloser

soreloser

• PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 09:05 AM

Dear Tess,

Regard what you'd had posted about cyber-bullying is can be considerate serious matter due to impact on the person vastly changed itself like depression or shift moods. It's really life's and deaths on situation if someone is truly sensitiveness into this matter. Whatever is be stay away into this matters if happened on you frequently whether in social networks or E-entertainments. I urges you that do not bother about somebodies tries to done any means on you just right away turn away from internet awhile.

Wish you good luck in your cyber-ing
No hobby no interest no ambition and no friends...why? Because my life and my very own purpose is destroyed and disgusting the way how to alter my own principle of life by creating vary calamities...intently to hurt me, blame me, accuse me, shame on me, betray on me and cheat on me and everything what i am seeking for happiness definitely return to nothing...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users