Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Hyperprolactinemia

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 1000milejourney

1000milejourney

ID: 65400

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:23 PM

I have been diagnosed with hyperprolactinemia. This was found through Bloodwork to find out why I have only had two periods in the last two years. So far I have been able to find out it can be caused by SSRI and SNRI meds, plus read that it can lead to mental health issues. I am excited because I may be able to find a reason my depression isn't responding to meds well (hormone imbalances), but don't want to get my hopes up at the same time because I don't know if it can be treated. Has anyone else experienced this? Please reply if so! I'm very confused and want to know what I can possibly expect.
The Journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. ~ Lao-tzu (Thank you, MofP!!)

One of the worst decisions I ever made led to the best thing that ever happened to me. ~ 1000MJ

What you think about me is none of my business. ~ author unknown

Depression is like a prison where you are both the suffering prisoner and the cruel jailer. ~ Dorothy Rowe

Why do you stay in prison when the door is wide open? ~ Jalal ad-Din Rumi

I love sleep. My life has a tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know. ~ Ernest Hemingway

#2 darcness

darcness

ID: 35281

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:29 PM

(((1000mile)))

I haven't heard of this disorder myself, but I certainly hope that it leads to some answers for you. Do let us know how things are going with it. Perhaps one day some one else can use the experience to help themselves! :Coopwink:

Some of the greatest advice I've ever received on DF: "Always remember that recovery is not linear"
Such a simple phrase, but so easily forgotten...

#3 1000milejourney

1000milejourney

ID: 65400

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:55 AM

(((1000mile)))

I haven't heard of this disorder myself, but I certainly hope that it leads to some answers for you. Do let us know how things are going with it. Perhaps one day some one else can use the experience to help themselves! :Coopwink:

Had blood drawn for the prolactin to be re-checked... this time fasting. Haven't heard back anything yet on those results. See the doctor again in about a week... very interested to see what she says!
The Journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. ~ Lao-tzu (Thank you, MofP!!)

One of the worst decisions I ever made led to the best thing that ever happened to me. ~ 1000MJ

What you think about me is none of my business. ~ author unknown

Depression is like a prison where you are both the suffering prisoner and the cruel jailer. ~ Dorothy Rowe

Why do you stay in prison when the door is wide open? ~ Jalal ad-Din Rumi

I love sleep. My life has a tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know. ~ Ernest Hemingway

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users