Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Arthritis And Depression

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PeacePilgrim

PeacePilgrim

Gold Member

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 11:49 AM

My severe osteoarthritis is definitely getting worse, and visit to doctor last week where he wanted to put me on Vicodin/Morphine definitely didn't help. The depression and arthritis are definitely feeding into one another.

*Are there any active discussion groups re arthritis elsewhere on the web? Please, PM me the website.

I am feeling rather hopeless at this point, and would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks, Peace

Edited by Sheepwoman, 06 September 2011 - 02:48 PM.
TOS

Posted ImagePosted Image

My cat does not desert me, my cat does not judge me.

My life is not at all what I thought it would be and I am rather stunned and in shock trying to figure out what it actually is.

Paco was full of life even in the face of death. He would never pass up an opportunity to participate in, and rejoice in, life. I am remembering how I honored him the year following his passing, in saying: "What would Paco do?", and thereby finding the courage to do many things I might have passed by.

#2 Trace

Trace

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,085 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 06:02 AM

Hi PeacePilgrim

I have pm'd you a link.

Trace
Listen in deep silence. Be very still and open your mind.... Sink deep into the peace that waits for you beyond the frantic, riotous thoughts and sights and sounds of this insane world. - A course of miracles.

True beauty must come, must be grown, from within.... - Ralph W Trine.

Posted Image

#3 LifeAtZen

LifeAtZen

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 05:14 PM

How often are you consuming dairy products?

As for your arthritis, do you often eat tomatoes, potatoes, eggplant and peppers?

"Let your food be your medicine, and your medicine be your food." - Hippocrates

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users