Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

New To Zoloft 25Mg

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Kyles_Maree

Kyles_Maree

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 02:04 AM

Hi there,

I have suffered depression and panic attacks for approximately 3 yrs, each year getting worse..
This year I have actually called an ambulance twice thinking I was having a heart attack!

My GP has suggested AD's often, however my psychologist has always been against them??

I have had a very bad couple of weeks and finally agreed to start on Zoloft at my GP's advice after going to him 3 days in a row, feeling extremely unwell with heart palpitations, nausea, with very little sleep for about a week, clearly I was very distressed.

He prescribed me to start 50mg tablets, telling me to halve the tablet to 25mg for a week and then take the whole tablet and see him in 2 weeks for an update.

I am on day 9 of Zoloft 25mg (half the tablet) and too scared to up the dose. I live alone and fear having some bad reaction!

I would actually like to see if this dose is good enough for me first.
A couple of reasons are that I have read many times, you put on weight with Zoloft, as well, I am thinking about long term side effects, and eventually weaning off it. My thinking is if I am on a lower dose than the above won't be so bad... make sense??
I had a couple of good days, day 4 and 5 and then I have gone down hill again, extreme fatigue, very bad pimples, and burning, itchy feeling on my skin, headache, and tossing and turning all night in bed, feeling agitated.

I know it is early days, but my anxiety at night is still there, and the fatigue all day is overwhelming..I am wondering whether I should just stick to the 25mg till day 14 when I see the GP again? How is the dose worked out? Is it how much you weigh or how intense your depression or anxiety is?

I am determined to stick in there, I really want some quality of life again...

Any advice or positive personal experiences would be well received!!

#2 MaddieLouise

MaddieLouise

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 09:58 AM

Welcome to the DF Kyles Maree!

I completely understand your apprehension about increasing your dosage, as I went through a similar experience. I kept thinking I'd wait until I felt "normal" at one dosage and then increase to the next level. Honestly, I'd stick with what your MD recommends, but be sure to keep him/her informed of the side effects you are experiencing and he/she may increase your dosages more slowly.

All the side effects you are experiencing are listed as possibilities in the Zoloft prescribing material I have read. I also experienced all of these. Your MD may give you something to help with the increased anxiety and insomnia until your body has adjusted to the medication.

It sounds like you are on the right track, and I admire your perseverence. Sometimes we get so discouraged we give up, but I think you will like the outcome if you stay with it in the end.

Sincerely,

MaddieLouise

Hi there,

I have suffered depression and panic attacks for approximately 3 yrs, each year getting worse..
This year I have actually called an ambulance twice thinking I was having a heart attack!

My GP has suggested AD's often, however my psychologist has always been against them??

I have had a very bad couple of weeks and finally agreed to start on Zoloft at my GP's advice after going to him 3 days in a row, feeling extremely unwell with heart palpitations, nausea, with very little sleep for about a week, clearly I was very distressed.

He prescribed me to start 50mg tablets, telling me to halve the tablet to 25mg for a week and then take the whole tablet and see him in 2 weeks for an update.

I am on day 9 of Zoloft 25mg (half the tablet) and too scared to up the dose. I live alone and fear having some bad reaction!

A couple of reasons are that I have read many times, you put on weight with Zoloft, as well, I am thinking about long term side effects, and eventually weaning off it. My thinking is if I am on a lower dose than the above won't be so bad... make sense??
I had a couple of good days, day 4 and 5 and then I have gone down hill again, extreme fatigue, very bad pimples, and burning, itchy feeling on my skin, headache, and tossing and turning all night in bed, feeling agitated.

I know it is early days, but my anxiety at night is still there, and the fatigue all day is overwhelming..I am wondering whether I should just stick to the 25mg till day 14 when I see the GP again? How is the dose worked out? Is it how much you weigh or how intense your depression or anxiety is?

Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 Kyles_Maree

Kyles_Maree

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 02:48 PM

Thank-you for your reply MaddieLouise!
It is really important to get encouragement.
I had a bad panic attack yesterday morning just after I took my tablet and ended up at the medical centre here, thinking I was having.some sort of reaction to the medication. It's been a bad weekend.
The Dr (not my usual) suggested I switch to Cipramil??
I don't want to switch.so early.. I am hoping I have a breakthrough in the next few days!
Thanks again, I will keep checking back here.. it helps to read other peoples experiences are similar to mine..
K x

#4 cauchi

cauchi

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 02:28 AM

[quote name='Kyles_Maree' timestamp='1313824029' post='789109']
Hi there,

[/qu
25mg is fine if its enough, by week 3 u should have some idea if it is working and if your not happy then go to 50mg as long as you can handle any side effects. I'm on 200mg at the moment so you will be ok

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users