Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alley0

Menstruation

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if it is possible for depression to affect a woman's periods. I know its common in times of great anxiety to miss one, but I have not had one in 5 months.

I am not underweight, and I am DEFINITELY not pregnant. I've had several blood tests, all of which showed things to be normal. Its not my meds, fluoxotine- i was on them before and had a normal cycle, and have only started them again a few weeks ago. The doctors have no explanations.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

xx

You might also be interested in:

Posted

Hi Alley0

I am not a professional, but depression can do some strange things physically to people, so it may be possible that it could affect them, although I have no experience with this. 5 months is an long time. May I ask how old you are?

Trace

Posted

I haven't experienced anything like that before. I have gone through different phases where my cycles were different, but have always been regular. So you are not on birth control? Are you on any other meds that might affect your cycle? Hopefully, you get it straightened out. If tests show nothing is wrong and you are healthy, I'd try not to worry about it.

Posted

Thanks for replying.

It is worrying- i'm 20 and i'm not on anything else but fluoxotine. Not the pill. I have no symptoms of any ovary problems.

Maybe depression is doing weird things to me.

:(

Posted

Hi Alley0,

My periods stopped once for 7 months for no reason when I was 16, I think. I remember because I became pregnant at 17. My periods sometimes stop for a month or two when I have too much to do, but I

Posted

Hi Alley0,

My periods stopped once for 7 months for no reason when I was 16, I think. I remember because I became pregnant at 17. My periods sometimes stop for a month or two when I have too much to do, but I