Advertisement

Scheduled Maintenance:

Please be aware that depressionforums will be down for a short period beginning from 02:00 EST (07:00 GMT) on Sunday 21st December for necessary maintenance. We apologise for the inconvenience and it should only take about 45 minutes.

• No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Weaning Off 10 Mg Celexa

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 leahnc

leahnc

ID: 66233

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 10:55 AM

Suggestion on how to come off 10mg of celexa after one month of use? I'm feeling numb and blah! I felt like it worked at first but I don't like feeling numb!! I want to feel normal again!
Detach from needing to have things work out a certain way. The universe is perfect and there are no failures. Give yourself the gift of detaching from your worries and trust that everything is happening perfectly

#2 lukn4hope

lukn4hope

ID: 58523

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 02:02 PM

So you're on 10 mg for only one month? Check with your doctor, but I think a good strategy would be to cut the pills in half for a week and then discontinue.

Is your doctor on board with you discontinuing your med? It seems like making a decision after being on a low dose for only a month is rather hasty. It takes about six weeks after reaching a decent dose to determine if the med will work or not. I took Celexa for 5 years, and when I switched I was at 60 mg.
Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV. The information provided by me is intended purely for entertainment purposes.

#3 leahnc

leahnc

ID: 66233

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 05:03 PM

Thanks for the reply! Im going to stick it out for 2 more weeks - I meet with the doctor at that time & he come up with a game plan.

Thanks again!
Detach from needing to have things work out a certain way. The universe is perfect and there are no failures. Give yourself the gift of detaching from your worries and trust that everything is happening perfectly

#4 lukn4hope

lukn4hope

ID: 58523

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 11:09 PM

Thanks for the reply! Im going to stick it out for 2 more weeks - I meet with the doctor at that time & he come up with a game plan.

I'm glad to hear it. I hope you're feeling better soon.
Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV. The information provided by me is intended purely for entertainment purposes.

#5 workinprogress1

workinprogress1

Just Registered

ID: 67017

• Just Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 08:19 AM

How has sticking it out gone for you? I have been on 10 mg of Celexa for 3 weeks and my symptoms have steadily gotten worse. I have the shakes, insomnia, rapid heartbeat, and generally just feel crummy. At this point I am wondering if it's anxiety or the Celexa causing my problems. I'm just interested in hearing how you're feeling now.

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users