Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
leahnc

Weaning Off 10 Mg Celexa

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Advertisement

Suggestion on how to come off 10mg of celexa after one month of use? I'm feeling numb and blah! I felt like it worked at first but I don't like feeling numb!! I want to feel normal again!

You might also be interested in:

Posted

So you're on 10 mg for only one month? Check with your doctor, but I think a good strategy would be to cut the pills in half for a week and then discontinue.

Is your doctor on board with you discontinuing your med? It seems like making a decision after being on a low dose for only a month is rather hasty. It takes about six weeks after reaching a decent dose to determine if the med will work or not. I took Celexa for 5 years, and when I switched I was at 60 mg.

Posted

Thanks for the reply! Im going to stick it out for 2 more weeks - I meet with the doctor at that time & he come up with a game plan.

Thanks again!

Posted

Thanks for the reply! Im going to stick it out for 2 more weeks - I meet with the doctor at that time & he come up with a game plan.

I'm glad to hear it. I hope you're feeling better soon.

Posted

How has sticking it out gone for you? I have been on 10 mg of Celexa for 3 weeks and my symptoms have steadily gotten worse. I have the shakes, insomnia, rapid heartbeat, and generally just feel crummy. At this point I am wondering if it's anxiety or the Celexa causing my problems. I'm just interested in hearing how you're feeling now.

Thanks!