Advertisement

Scheduled Maintenance:

Please be aware that depressionforums will be down for a short period beginning from 02:00 EST (07:00 GMT) on Sunday 21st December for necessary maintenance. We apologise for the inconvenience and it should only take about 45 minutes.

• No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Bupropion And Xanax

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 k_hopes

k_hopes

ID: 34347

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 08:27 PM

Has anyone taken these together before. I have done Bupropion before with positive effects. My anxiety has blossomed and feeds my depression. I am wary of taking pills for everything, but I know I need to do this again.

Edited by k_hopes, 12 August 2011 - 08:28 PM.

#2 sunrise89

sunrise89

ID: 65953

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 10:05 PM

k_hopes,

How long have you been taking Bupropion? The anxiety was intense for me when I started and once again when I upped the dose. It subsided after 2-3 weeks in each case for me.

#3 k_hopes

k_hopes

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 06:37 AM

k_hopes,

How long have you been taking Bupropion? The anxiety was intense for me when I started and once again when I upped the dose. It subsided after 2-3 weeks in each case for me.

I just started taking both 2 days ago. I have taken bupropion alone in the past but stopped due to insurance reasons. I have anxiety not caused by the meds, which is where the xanax comes in. Just curious if bupropion is said to cause anxiety, if there are risks or certain symptoms I should look into.

Edited by k_hopes, 13 August 2011 - 06:38 AM.

#4 MidAgeDad

MidAgeDad

ID: 48006

• PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 09:01 AM

Hi k_hopes,

I began taking 150mg of Wellbutrin a month ago and was just given an increase to 300mg yesterday. My anxiety...I don't know what to call it. All I know is that I'm feelinng down, overwhelmed, nothing to look forward to, etc.) That started few weeks ago. And frankly, I don't know what I'd do without the Xanax at certain times of the day. So, I can tell you from experience that there are no known issues with this combination. The only thing to watchout for of course is becoming tolerant of the Xanax, which can be addictive if taken in high amounts over an extended period time.

#5 k_hopes

k_hopes

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 09:43 PM

I am getting the anger/rage side effect from the Bupropion (150mg for 1st 3 days, then 2 doses a day) and I'm only on day 2. My doc also gave me .5mg xanax to take 1/2 or 1 twice a day. I have been taking the 1/2 because I do not want to sleep alll day, which I have been anyway :( I'm just going to assume I will have to take the whole .5 xanax when I start the 300mg bupropion. Has anyone had positive effects taking xanax to curb the anger? My poor bf and son are getting the fallout...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users