Advertisement
  • Announcements

• Lindsay

A Reminder that we are a PG13 Site   12/09/2016

Please keep in mind that NO content can be posted that is not PG13!  No sexual content and definitely not images which is not permitted in a post! We will delete it.  Not even memes or humorous images should be posted, if you want these forums to continue. NO IMAGES! If you want to post an image, post the URL pointing it to your gallery.  Again, Depressionforums.org is PG13!! Thank you~ ~Forum Admin  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
k_hopes

Bupropion And Xanax

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Advertisement

Has anyone taken these together before. I have done Bupropion before with positive effects. My anxiety has blossomed and feeds my depression. I am wary of taking pills for everything, but I know I need to do this again.

Edited by k_hopes

You might also be interested in:

Posted

k_hopes,

How long have you been taking Bupropion? The anxiety was intense for me when I started and once again when I upped the dose. It subsided after 2-3 weeks in each case for me.

Posted (edited)

k_hopes,

How long have you been taking Bupropion? The anxiety was intense for me when I started and once again when I upped the dose. It subsided after 2-3 weeks in each case for me.

I just started taking both 2 days ago. I have taken bupropion alone in the past but stopped due to insurance reasons. I have anxiety not caused by the meds, which is where the xanax comes in. Just curious if bupropion is said to cause anxiety, if there are risks or certain symptoms I should look into.

Edited by k_hopes

Posted

Hi k_hopes,

I began taking 150mg of Wellbutrin a month ago and was just given an increase to 300mg yesterday. My anxiety...I don't know what to call it. All I know is that I'm feelinng down, overwhelmed, nothing to look forward to, etc.) That started few weeks ago. And frankly, I don't know what I'd do without the Xanax at certain times of the day. So, I can tell you from experience that there are no known issues with this combination. The only thing to watchout for of course is becoming tolerant of the Xanax, which can be addictive if taken in high amounts over an extended period time.

Posted

I am getting the anger/rage side effect from the Bupropion (150mg for 1st 3 days, then 2 doses a day) and I'm only on day 2. My doc also gave me .5mg xanax to take 1/2 or 1 twice a day. I have been taking the 1/2 because I do not want to sleep alll day, which I have been anyway :( I'm just going to assume I will have to take the whole .5 xanax when I start the 300mg bupropion. Has anyone had positive effects taking xanax to curb the anger? My poor bf and son are getting the fallout...