Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Acupuncture For Depression/anxiety

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Meeb85

Meeb85

Just Registered

• Just Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 03:29 PM

I'm really considering doing acupuncture for depression and social anxiety. I figure it can't be a bigger waste of money than counseling was for me! I'm so ready to get my life back (actually for it to begin)!
Has this worked (or not) for anyone here?

#2 Meko

Meko

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 04:08 PM

:welcomeani: Welcome to DF MEEB85!
I've never heard of acupuncture used for depression or anxiety, so I would be also curious if this has worked. I wish you all the best in reclaiming your life from the clutches of depression and anxiety.

Meko

#3 Moggins

Moggins

• Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:04 PM

Hi,

Some years ago, I was going through an episode of severe anxiety and depression (situational), and i attended a holistic clinic where I received acupuncture as part of my treatment. The acupuncturist used needles in my scalp. I felt marvellous during and sfter the treatments: it was like letting steam out of a pressure cooker.

I've also had acupuncture for other ailments, too. And it worked very quickly and effectively.

I must admit that if I could afford it, I would be seeking acupuncture treatment to help me with the medication withdrawal problems I'm currently experiencing: my whole system feels completely off kilter. Bearing in mind that acupuncture is all about bringing the body into balance, the acupuncture treatment could go a long way to calming your body, and thus help to calm your mind.

If you can afford the treatment, I'd certainly recommend trying it. No side effects! :)

Edited by Moggins, 05 August 2011 - 08:05 PM.

#4 jimbow15

jimbow15

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,241 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:09 PM

Hi,

Well Acupuncture is used for depression. I believe it can be effective for some people.

Best Wishes

Jim Bow
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed." Albert E.

Information supplied on Depression Forums by members should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for medical advice from a health professional or doctor.

#5 starr

starr

Silver Member

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:10 PM

Hi,

I tried accupunture once for my depression/anxiety but
it did nothing for me except caused numbness in my
arms where she put some of the needles. Maybe it
would have worked if I have continued on longer - I
dont know. I hope it works for you. Now I am on a
combo of meds that has me feeling really good - I
hope you find something that works for you.

best wishes,
starr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users