Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Mention One (Or More) Thing(S) You Will Do To Morrow To Cope With Your Mental Health. Better Opportunities For Better Mental Health (May Be Small). #2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
399 replies to this topic

#41 nocturneangel

nocturneangel

Gold Member

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 11:39 AM

I survived! :yay:
And it went alright. Actually it was pleasantly distracting and I felt overall fine. The mood swings were almost gone and though I got pretty anxious when we went shopping in Amsterdam, I regained control over it.

noctureneangel, hope you catch the train. I wish you a very good vacation. If your mania bothers you at the trip, it might be wise to take some time alone at daytime in your tent/hotel/motel or wherever you sleep to reduce all the inputs. Wish you a good vacation and hope to see you here afterward. Good Luck! :hugs:

Thank you. I caught the train, but almost missed it, because it was raining so heavily that they had to close down all the tunnels in the city. I was pretty wet when I arrived at the station, but the weather got better as we took off.

As for tomorrow, I will do some things from my list and go to my appointment. Will be strange to talk about my problems after one week of keeping my thoughts away from them. Guess I'll have to face the facts again *sighs*.
Nocturne

No in elenath hîlar nan hâd gîn.

Posted Image

"No matter how far away the light gets, your heart's voice will always reach it." - Naminé

#42 infractus

infractus

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 11:57 AM

I will meet my kids teachers. Then I will go to a baseball game. I will use these events to recognize whats good and important in my life.

#43 Violet31

Violet31

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,999 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 05:06 PM

Hi everyone and big hugs to you all. :hugs:

I´ve been so busy because school is starting for my kid and the winter program is starting for the Art Academy and my cinema. I work this schedule with my other job at the TV-station. It´s really challenging, but I feel better about organizing myself.

I´ve been working so hard towards redoing my garden shed and cleaning and it´s really coming together.

Tomorrow I will:

1. Will screen new movie next week, I need to work on the promo.

2. Do relaxation and swim.

3. Do work on my garden shed.

:hearts:
When you´re going through hell, keep going.
Winston Churchill

When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.

Viktor Frankl

Man is condemned to be free; because once thrown into the world, he is responsible for everything he does.
Jean-Paul Sartre

Use adversity      Declare Independence 

Violet :rose:

Posted Image

#44 lindahurt

lindahurt

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • 13,474 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:01 AM

I have been purging my closet and giving almost new clothes to goodwill.

I haven't figured it out yet but make plans to fly to Florida just by myself. Went earlier this summer with some family members.
Even in the most horrific of situations, one's attitude has an enormous role in shaping what happens ~ Viktor Frankl
In you lies the power to choose, to commit - Stephen Convey

The kind of person you want to become is greatly influence by your inner decisions, and not from outside influence alone. We can even under adverse circumstances, decide what shall become of us ~ Brian C. Stiller

Posted Image

#45 Rosegirl

Rosegirl

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 02:03 PM

I will try to organize my home. My depression have hindered me to do that in the last weeks. There is only one thing to do and that is to try to get life to function again.

It is well to be up before daybreak,

for such habits contribute to health, wealth, and wisdom. (Aristotle)

The things that we pray for, good Lord,
give us your grace to work for.
(
St. Thomas More)

goldenvelope1jr.gif

#46 nocturneangel

nocturneangel

Gold Member

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 04:18 PM

Good luck, Rosegirl.

There is only one thing to do and that is to try to get life to function again.

Actually, I'm going to do likewise.

1. Get my life functioning.

That should do for the next years. :Coopwink:
Nocturne

No in elenath hîlar nan hâd gîn.

Posted Image

"No matter how far away the light gets, your heart's voice will always reach it." - Naminé

#47 1i11ian

1i11ian

• PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:01 PM

1. Shread some personal papers.

2. Finish up applications.

3. Take medication as directed.

#48 OceanBreeze9721

OceanBreeze9721

Community Assistant

• DF Support
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 03:33 AM

I will try to organize my home. My depression have hindered me to do that in the last weeks. There is only one thing to do and that is to try to get life to function again.

I am actually doing and going through similar things. Right now I am cleaning up my house and rearranging it. My depression has been too hard to handle lately and I have gone back to counseling for a few sessions.

I will do only what I can and be ok with not feeling great.
I will forgive myself for things that I have thought about or forgive others
I will try to do what is right in each situation
I will also try to have at least one conversation with someone everyday, even on the phone to help overcome the depression.
I will try to notice the alarming thoughts and change it up with something positive.

Haven't been posting in a while, kind of isolating myself which is not healthy.

Take care all!

Ocean

Don't let your emotions be in control of you.  You be in control of your emotions.

When worry thoughts come up, ask if it is something that I can let go of.  Is it something I have to worry about or can I let it go.  Count backwards from ten and let it go.

To not feel awkward in social situations, act interested in others and it will ease some of the anxieties.

Breathe relax and regroup even if for a few seconds.

Balance down time with activities and exercise. Not too much sleep and not too much exercise.

Set realistic goals and check them once in a while.

Don't let only negative thoughts be the ones to focus on, focus on the good things, even if only a few.

#49 OceanBreeze9721

OceanBreeze9721

Community Assistant

• DF Support
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 03:53 AM

I will exercise
journal,
finish cleaning out the two rooms
not be so hard on myself
keep in touch with my friends/neighbors

Don't let your emotions be in control of you.  You be in control of your emotions.

When worry thoughts come up, ask if it is something that I can let go of.  Is it something I have to worry about or can I let it go.  Count backwards from ten and let it go.

To not feel awkward in social situations, act interested in others and it will ease some of the anxieties.

Balance down time with activities and exercise. Not too much sleep and not too much exercise.

Don't let only negative thoughts be the ones to focus on, focus on the good things, even if only a few.

#50 1i11ian

1i11ian

• PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 01:45 PM

1. Get a massage.

2. Do some shopping.

3. Vacuum kitty hair.

#51 Achelois

Achelois

• Just Registered
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 02:00 PM

#52 OceanBreeze9721

OceanBreeze9721

Community Assistant

• DF Support
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 04:33 AM

Exercise

Finish organizing room and things

Buy organizer for papers

Keep in touch with my old neighbors

Keep in touch with coworkers

Continue to see life with different outlook

Never give up

#53 Rosegirl

Rosegirl

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:24 AM

This is a quicky. :coophelp: I feel depressed, have low motivation and am not able to keep my daily structure that I need so much. I am afraid! I have now repeated how I used the technics fit for me especially and will give it a try:

I will use Thursday and Friday to try to make my home livable (that means cleaning and cluttering). Saturday I will buy groceries. For these three days I will use one hour each day to sit down and see how I can help myself to get out of this bump. I will try to eat properly.

Sunday I will go to Church and visit relatives. I will also make a plan for Monday.

I will do journaling and charting each day.

Hope you all are doing well!

(
St. Thomas More)

goldenvelope1jr.gif

#54 lindahurt

lindahurt

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • 13,474 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 09:04 AM

This is a quicky. :coophelp: I feel depressed, have low motivation and am not able to keep my daily structure that I need so much. I am afraid! I have now repeated how I used the technics fit for me especially and will give it a try:

I will use Thursday and Friday to try to make my home livable (that means cleaning and cluttering). Saturday I will buy groceries. For these three days I will use one hour each day to sit down and see how I can help myself to get out of this bump. I will try to eat properly.

Sunday I will go to Church and visit relatives. I will also make a plan for Monday.

(((((Rosegirl)))

I think you have made some attainable short term goals for yourself and wish you the best in making daily progress.

HUGS
Lindahurt
Even in the most horrific of situations, one's attitude has an enormous role in shaping what happens ~ Viktor Frankl
In you lies the power to choose, to commit - Stephen Convey

The kind of person you want to become is greatly influence by your inner decisions, and not from outside influence alone. We can even under adverse circumstances, decide what shall become of us ~ Brian C. Stiller

Posted Image

#55 Rosegirl

Rosegirl

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 11:35 AM

Lindahurt, THANKS for your consern! :hugs:

I have used hours to do paperwork regarding my health. I have tried to make a system to put into my homemade "book for keeping track on my health". What I need to do now is to follow my daily plan either I feel this or that way. I have made room to plot in variances from the ordinary plan when that is needed, so that I can do whatever I have to do when my plan "tells me so".

I will use the next month to create good "before bedtime" habits.

Found these advice for the evening at a page for how to make good plans:

1. Lay out your clothes for tomorrow
2. Take a few minutes for yourself
3. Check your Calendar for Tomorrow's Events
4. Spend 2 minutes clearing off your Hot Spots
5. Shine your sink
6. Wash your face, moisturize, brush your teeth and floss
7. Go to bed at a decent hour

I will keep them in mind and use a whole month to really work hard on these issues. In my opinion, it's how we finish our days and the plans we have made for the next day that give us frames to tackle our depressions.

(
St. Thomas More)

goldenvelope1jr.gif

#56 OceanBreeze9721

OceanBreeze9721

Community Assistant

• DF Support
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 03:26 PM

((((Rosegirl)))

I was going through something similar a few weeks ago, and something that helped me get out of it was to write down a few positive things everyday. That kind of helped me to think a little bit about the positives and not dwell on the negative so much. I know its not much but its a small thing to help.

Its good that you have a plan for everyday.

We're all here for you,

Ocean

#57 Violet31

Violet31

• Platinum Member
  • 4,999 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:42 PM

Hugs to all of you, :hugs: I´ve been really busy because the schools have started and one of the cats have been sick. Poor old Jupiter is sick with a swollen throat, just got back from the vet.

(((((Rosegirl))))

I´m here for you as well.

I think it´s great what you´re doing and think of me when you organize - I´m doing the same! Cleaning hot spots, almost finished the garden shed, now it´s the kitchen that is making me nuts, but I´ll get there, baby steps at a time.

I´m also shining my sinks, I got into the Flylady program and it´s great. I´m clearing out clutter from the 2008 depression. I recovered in the spring of april 2010, but the house... my Gosh!

Have you tried burning lavender and orange oils and leave it on a burner in the evening? It really helps and creates a cozy feeling. How about getting up in the morning to salsa music?

Take a dream vacation in your mind, let your mind wander and see yourself in your favorite place in the world. If you do this regularly, you will feel better.

Good luck to you, I´m thinking of you. :hearts:

Love to all of you as well.
Winston Churchill

When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.

Viktor Frankl

Man is condemned to be free; because once thrown into the world, he is responsible for everything he does.
Jean-Paul Sartre

Posted Image

#58 OceanBreeze9721

OceanBreeze9721

Community Assistant

• DF Support
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 04:19 AM

Focus on what is happening, what needs to be done.
Let the little things go that bother me, don't dwell on it
Square breathing
focus on what works, not on what doesn't work
be ok with sometimes saying the wrong thing or making a mistake, its ok;

#59 Violet31

Violet31

• Platinum Member
  • 4,999 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:09 PM

I´m so proud of myself, I cleared the garden shed, cleaned it, looked at every item, gave away or threw away. There are 23 black garbage bags ready to go to the dumping site. I called a builder to look at it and give me an estimate of how much it costs to really make it look good, install heat and electricity. I´m really proud of myself! :luvfirefox:

I remember looking at the shed thinking: "There is no way I can clean it. I don´t know where to begin." But I did it, even if it took more than two months.

Tomorrow I will go to work.

Work on my projects when I get home.

Go to a dinner.

Do relaxation when I get back.
Winston Churchill

Viktor Frankl

Jean-Paul Sartre

Posted Image

#60 OceanBreeze9721

OceanBreeze9721

Community Assistant

• DF Support
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:05 AM

Not let the "what if's" get to me,
let others help me and let them be there for me, don't think that they are not
try not to be too sad about the coworkers leaving, I will miss my two coworkers very much
I finally made some good friends and they are leaving
Don't put too much pressure about others, just get things done

#61 Rosegirl

Rosegirl

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 05:37 AM

Hi to all, :hugs:

Ocean, thanks for your concern! The first tree days were OK. I managed to come through the days by doing exactly what my timetable «told me to do». Late on Saturday I got stuck in some announcements for «to rent». I should have been able to understand that my wish to rent an apartment had something to do with the job of getting rid of all the clutter here, - just walk away from it. :rolleyes: It can't be that way, of course ... I have forgiven myself for this unrealistic hopes. But it tapped my energy. I was so tired at Sunday that I almost fell asleep at the family dinner. Monday was terrible, but I have not self-blamed for sitting there staring into the wall.

For the three first days I managed to do something really good for me. I sat down and worked for an hour each day with Dr. Yapko's book: «Breaking the patterns of depression». He has some interesting views about «ambiguity». He says that most people have problems with that, but that depressed people more easily get stuck in it. So he has some techniques for «smelling» ambiguity before it comes and to prevent. There are also techniques for identifying them when one are in the middle of such a situation and how to live with that. I will work more with these techniques.

Violet, thanks for being there for me. I have used the Flylady-program before and it was very helpful. For the time being I'm not in the mood to go into it for the fullest, but to work to establish good routines «before bedtime» and good «morning-routines» is something I think I can manage for the time being. So we'll see how much of the program I will be able to use later.

I´m so proud of myself, I cleared the garden shed, cleaned it, looked at every item, gave away or threw away. There are 23 black garbage bags ready to go to the dumping site. I called a builder to look at it and give me an estimate of how much it costs to really make it look good, install heat and electricity. I´m really proud of myself! :luvfirefox:

Yes, you have good reason to feel proud! :flowers:

Oh yeah, you really have a good one there.:innocent: To cut out the «what ifs» is a necessary thing to do to not get overburdened with stressful thoughts.

For Tuesday my aims are:
1.Working with Yakpo's «antidepressant-book».
2.Eat properly.
3.Go to the groceries, so that I have something to eat in the house.

Best wishes to everybody! :hearts: :hearts:

(
St. Thomas More)

goldenvelope1jr.gif

#62 1i11ian

1i11ian

• PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 12:27 PM

1. Clean floors.

2. Scan important papers.

3. Prepare dinner.

#63 OceanBreeze9721

OceanBreeze9721

Community Assistant

• DF Support
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 03:13 PM

Hi to all, :hugs:

Ocean, thanks for your concern! The first tree days were OK. I managed to come through the days by doing exactly what my timetable «told me to do». Late on Saturday I got stuck in some announcements for «to rent». I should have been able to understand that my wish to rent an apartment had something to do with the job of getting rid of all the clutter here, - just walk away from it. :rolleyes: It can't be that way, of course ... I have forgiven myself for this unrealistic hopes. But it tapped my energy. I was so tired at Sunday that I almost fell asleep at the family dinner. Monday was terrible, but I have not self-blamed for sitting there staring into the wall.

For the three first days I managed to do something really good for me. I sat down and worked for an hour each day with Dr. Yapko's book: «Breaking the patterns of depression». He has some interesting views about «ambiguity». He says that most people have problems with that, but that depressed people more easily get stuck in it. So he has some techniques for «smelling» ambiguity before it comes and to prevent. There are also techniques for identifying them when one are in the middle of such a situation and how to live with that. I will work more with these techniques.

Yes, you have good reason to feel proud! :flowers:

Oh yeah, you really have a good one there.:innocent: To cut out the «what ifs» is a necessary thing to do to not get overburdened with stressful thoughts.

For Tuesday my aims are:
1.Working with Yakpo's «antidepressant-book».
2.Eat properly.
3.Go to the groceries, so that I have something to eat in the house.

Best wishes to everybody! :hearts: :hearts:

Hi Rosegirl, thanks for letting us know how you're doing, I'm glad that you have something to use to help with the depression, the book sounds great! I spent my vacation cleaning my house (Congrats on your storage, I know the feeling of cleaning out something!) I still have more rooms to go, but sometimes I feel like I can think better if the houes is clean.

Ocean

For today, since a lot is changing at work and I am afraid to let others help me through it I will

Accept help, and know that no matter what, we work as a team

Use square breathing more often when things get rough

Spend time with daughter

Work hard,

#64 Rosegirl

Rosegirl

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 05:14 AM

Hi Rosegirl, thanks for letting us know how you're doing, I'm glad that you have something to use to help with the depression, the book sounds great! I spent my vacation cleaning my house (Congrats on your storage, I know the feeling of cleaning out something!) I still have more rooms to go, but sometimes I feel like I can think better if the houes is clean.

Ocean

Thanks Ocean! :console:

Hope you are feeling that you manage your aims! I try and try to crawl out of this very depressed state, but so far I haven't managed that.

My goal for Sunday is to be able to go to Church and to buy some food. (I have felt it too difficult to go to the groceries and to do the smallest "things"). :coopcray:

RG

(
St. Thomas More)

goldenvelope1jr.gif

#65 funchas

funchas

• PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 08:53 AM

I've done a few things that I've put off doing for awhile recently, including getting in touch with old friends again. Also tried reaching out to a few new people again. Both seemed to go okay... though one friend is avoiding the topic of how I've been doing because she knows thru word of mouth I tried to commit suicide back in June. I guess some people don't know what to say in regards to something like that.

One thing that I do fairly often now is drawing. My psychiatrist said I should do it every night since it was something I used to enjoy doing. She thinks that it might help with the depression for me to do something I used to enjoy because the joy might start to return that way. I guess it's good idea... even though I usually don't like what I draw anymore.

Things I need to do:
  • apologize to the people I hurt during my emotional outbursts (I still can't do this because I always end up crying and getting too emotional before I even start writing it. My doctor says that happens because it's important to me. I still don't even know what to say-- does anyone have some suggestions?)
  • move into a new office and all the joys of getting files back in order that brings
  • start some of the new video games I got for the holidays (I still haven't got around to playing some of them!)
  • make an appointment with my regular doctor about my skin problems (Lamictmal seems to be causing me to have more break-outs of acne in addition to itchiness.)
  • finish logging the recent incident reports at work (it doesn't help that people keep turning in old ones from the month of July now! That also means the census from July on this matter wasn't even accurate because of that.)
I don't know if these things count as things to do to cope with depression, but it would be so nice to finally get some of them done! :)

Edited by funchas, 04 September 2011 - 08:54 AM.

#66 babykat2

babykat2

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 11:50 PM

1. Make sure I get the garbage out in the morning

2. Finish my homework (taking a couple classes)

3. Read the kids a story before bedtime

#67 1i11ian

1i11ian

• PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 07:11 PM

1. The weather is finally a little cooler so I will work in the yard. Yay

2. Keep doctor's appointment.

3. Clean floors.

#68 Violet31

Violet31

• Platinum Member
  • 4,999 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 06:25 PM

Things I need to do:

apologize to the people I hurt during my emotional outbursts (I still can't do this because I always end up crying and getting too emotional before I even start writing it. My doctor says that happens because it's important to me. I still don't even know what to say-- does anyone have some suggestions?)

Hi funchas,:console:

My advice to you would be to apologize when you´re fully calm and have your emotions under control. Tell them something along those lines: "I´m sorry, guys. My behavior was out of line and I´m really sorry." Keep it simple.

Rosegirl and Ocean, how are you my friends? :hearts:

Hugs to all of you on the thread. :hugs:

I´ve started a more advanced therapy to get my life more under control. It involves lots of work, lots of CBT, lots of exploring and finding out more than I ever thought. On the whole I feel really good doing this, because I´m doing even more relaxation techniques.

There are so many earthquakes lately around the volcano Katla that they keep monitoring the glacier and everything around it. We all know it´s bound to happen, and we are preparing ourselves for it. I´m at peace with it now. I cannot control nature, only how I cope with it.

A friend of mine is preparing a wonderful project on the impact on nature. She is using what we´ve been through and what will happen soon to deepen her creativity and it will soon be on the market. I will do it as well, as I´ve started on outlining drafts on a play for children inspired by the glaciers, volcanoes and other disaster areas here. :computer:

Tomorrow I will:
1. Do my work as usual, but work a little more on my hot spots in the house when I get home from work.
2. Go for a brisk walk in the park.
3. Do some work on my new book and making a new action plan on another project.
4. Work on the kitchen shelves.
Winston Churchill

Viktor Frankl

Jean-Paul Sartre

Posted Image

#69 OceanBreeze9721

OceanBreeze9721

Community Assistant

• DF Support
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 03:26 PM

Hi Violet :flowers:

I've been extremely busy with going back to work, but I had a great vacation. Going back to work brings back some stressors and anxieties that leads to depression. I've been fighting it but trying to work through it. Went back to counseling to help through the rough times which helped a lot.
So sorry to hear about all of the earthquakes, it must be so scary, but you are handling it very wisely!

Relaxation techniques are a key for me as well, even when I don't think it will work, it does even if it is for a few minutes, it is enough to get some calmness back.

For today:
Continue breathing techniques,
Don't let alarming thoughts take over, replace them as soon as possible
Remember the peace I found today
Be thankful that my husband cleaned the house! Wow that was the most wonderful thing to come home to a clean house!

(((hugs to all))))

Ocean :flowers:

#70 Jellyfish

Jellyfish

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 11:14 PM

Well, tomorrow I will get up and go to my volunteer position in the morning, which accomplishes a few things. First, it means I actually get out of bed at a reasonable hour. Second, it means I go do something that requires me to interact with others, which means less wallowing. Third, it means that I do something that reminds me of the things I want to be able to do with my life, which helps motivate me to do my schoolwork. All good things, and I don't dislike it at all once I'm there, its just hard to take that first step in the morning.

#71 Violet31

Violet31

• Platinum Member
  • 4,999 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:56 PM

Hi guys,

I´m tired and running a huge program for all the schools in my movie theater seems a big responsibility. I´ve been critised and asked what kind of parent I am. And we´re talking about fine arts. :verysad3:

As I´m predisposed to depression, I get physically sick when I get blows like that, but I bounced back quickly which is a good sign. I think I will be better tomorrow.

Tomorrow I will relax in the morning.

Listen to soothing music.

Go outside and have coffee in my garden.

Hugs to all of you. :hugs:
Winston Churchill

Viktor Frankl

Jean-Paul Sartre

Posted Image

#72 Lersk

Lersk

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 08:06 PM

I'm going to take 20 minutes to myself.
"Believe in yourself, act and you'll see the results. When you strive, life also strives to help you" - Chico Xavier

#73 Rosegirl

Rosegirl

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 04:58 PM

Sorry I have not been able to read your posts in the last days (or may be it has been weeks. The time pass so slowly :upside: ). I've been very, very depressed. To morrow I will try to start on recovery again by getting up when the clock rings in the morning and then follow the plan I've forced myself to make for the day. Wish me good luck! :) :thumbs-up:

I send my best wishes for everybody on the thread. May your health improve and may you all feel that you are not helpless, but able to live with what ever your lives' circumstances are.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

(
St. Thomas More)

goldenvelope1jr.gif

#74 modestmouse_2011

modestmouse_2011

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 11:03 PM

I'm going to see a doctor for my headaches. This is less 'coping' and more 'treatment' but still.

My headaches have been unchecked and and untreated for years just like my depression was.

"I want you to be everything that's you, deep at the center of your being." -Confucius

#75 Neverending Light

Neverending Light

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 02:40 PM

Tomorrow I will clean the bathroom. Stamped it, no erasies.

#76 1i11ian

1i11ian

• PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 03:16 PM

1. Shop for storage cabinet.

2. Ask friend to borrow earrings.

3. Water flowers

#77 OceanBreeze9721

OceanBreeze9721

Community Assistant

• DF Support
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 04:51 PM

Hi guys,

I´m tired and running a huge program for all the schools in my movie theater seems a big responsibility. I´ve been critised and asked what kind of parent I am. And we´re talking about fine arts. :verysad3:

As I´m predisposed to depression, I get physically sick when I get blows like that, but I bounced back quickly which is a good sign. I think I will be better tomorrow.

Tomorrow I will relax in the morning.

Listen to soothing music.

Go outside and have coffee in my garden.

Hugs to all of you. :hugs:

Hi Violet, I am the same way when getting depression, it physcially changes me and my demeanor, but I know that I will also eventually bounce back, maybe a few days or weeks, as long as I do something about it. It sounds like you have a big responsibility to the children, there's is always someone who will complain, just do it for the children.

Sorry I have not been able to read your posts in the last days (or may be it has been weeks. The time pass so slowly :upside: ). I've been very, very depressed. To morrow I will try to start on recovery again by getting up when the clock rings in the morning and then follow the plan I've forced myself to make for the day. Wish me good luck! :) :thumbs-up:

I send my best wishes for everybody on the thread. May your health improve and may you all feel that you are not helpless, but able to live with what ever your lives' circumstances are.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Hi Rosegirl, I'm glad you are trying to start on recovery again, take as many times as you need. Each time my depression hits, I feel like I'm starting all over again, but if I don't start it won't ever change.

For today, my coping skill is to be aware that I have certain things that cause anxiety for me, which leads to depression. If I can be aware of this and know to stay away or be extra careful then it will help the anxiety and depression.

#78 Violet31

Violet31

• Platinum Member
  • 4,999 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 06:58 PM

Hi guys,

I´ve been working really hard on my project and work in general. I bounced back really quickly. I can see how the old way of thinking has been destructive. Reacting instead of weighing all the information and then do something about it.

Tomorrow I´m working on my self-esteem. I ordered a CD from Louise Hay, an excellent collection of wisdom and affirmations.

I want to grow plums and pears in my garden. My cherry tree gave lots of berries this fall. I will call and ask when I can plant those trees. I already have a spot in my garden for them.

Rosegirl and Ocean, lots of :hugs: Take care of yourselves.

Sending good wibes to all of you here. you are so brave and working so hard on your recovery, it´s inspiring. Keep up the good work.
Winston Churchill

Viktor Frankl

Jean-Paul Sartre

Posted Image

#79 jddro

jddro

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 08:09 PM

Hi everyone! I would like to join your thread... hopefully it will help motivate me to take better care of myself. Most days, I can't even wash or brush my teeth, let alone cook or clean the house. I admire some of what you guys are able to do!! Today, I did manage a shower :thumbs-up: , but not much else...

For tomorrow: Get up at 7:00 to get the kids up and ready for school & take a walk with my dog.
Julie

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Henry David Thoreau

#80 OceanBreeze9721

OceanBreeze9721

Community Assistant

• DF Support
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 03:16 AM

Hi Jddro, I've been there and done that, now that I'm going back to work after a long break to take care of myself, I am re-learning how to deal with stress, sometimes it works, sometimes I have setbacks. For me, if I could just stand up was a goal at first.

For tomorrow, I will continue to use distress tolerance skills and be aware of any stressors that come my way. If they do come around, know that I am trying my best and my hardest. Things that I cannot change, should not be over-thought. Things that I can change are what I should make a goal.

Make plans that will keep me busy during the weekend, don't overwork myself, be there for my daughter,

Don't forget to breathe, take time out to relax by using my senses,

Make time to clean the house and straighten it up so it doens't get to be too much!

Violet :smile: , I recently had a setback but I think I have bounced back also. I always get scared when things are going well, because that's when bad things usually happen. I am glad you bounced back.
I have also started a very small garden, I take care of it every morning and every night, its something that keeps me busy. Good luck with the CD.

Taking one step at time to maintian something healthy

Ocean

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users