• Announcements

• Lindsay

*As a new member, you will have a limit of two Topics in each Forum   02/10/2016

If you're new to our community, taking the step for the first time to post publicly to a message board can sometimes seem intimidating. Don't be afraid to jump into a discussion once you have registered with us. We have a very supportive community that serves up heavy doses of support, encouragement and enthusiasm. We love meeting new people and being friendly. While we hope that you'll become an active participant and join in our discussions, you're welcome, of course, to simply hang out silently until you feel more comfortable posting a message. *As a new member, you will have the ability to post two active topics in each Forum. You may reply to as many as you wish. Click on "New Topic" or you may "Reply" to an ongoing post. You will get the hang of it if you have never posted in a forum before.   *An active topic is defined as a topic that is on the front page of our busier forums or a topic that has recieved replies in the last 48 hours in our quiter forums. ~Lindsay, Forum Super Administrator
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
magnum1184

I Want To Feel Normal Again.

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello There,

All I have been doing is sleeping and nothing else. I don't want to be around people.

But I'm doing fine at work. All my hobbies such as shooting, jetsking and hanging out with friends I don't want to do anymore.

You might also be interested in:

Posted

Hi and Welcome to DF magnum1184

Depression can make you lose interest in the things you usually like doing. Finding motivation is not always that easy, but not impossible. You may want to take a look in One Step at a Time, there are a few motivational topics in there that may help you.

Please make yourself feel at home.

Trace

Posted

Hello There,

All I have been doing is sleeping and nothing else. I don't want to be around people.

But I'm doing fine at work. All my hobbies such as shooting, jetsking and hanging out with friends I don't want to do anymore.

I went through that very thing when I was a teen and also recently last year where I lost all interest and motivation to do anything. It can be terrible difficult to keep moving forward when depressed but you can recover, many of us here have.

How long have you been feeling this way? Has it just been in the last few months or have you had to deal with this for longer?

Posted

Hi magnum1184,

I'm sorry you are feeling that way. I also struggled with a lack of interest in the activities I once enjoyed. I implore you to talk to your doctor about all of your symptoms and concerns, as he or she will know the best course of action to take. Cognitive-behavioral therapy is very effective for anhedonia, so that may also be a possible treatment. If you are doing well at work, then that is a good sign; being able to function shows that you have caught your symptoms early, before they have a chance to seriously affect your life. Take advantage of this and speak with a professional.

Good luck! Keep us posted.

Posted

I feel the same as you, I just want to sleep. You don't feel the pain. I know that's bad but I can't help it, but I always use it as a warning sign that the depression has returned and I that I have to go get help again. It always feels great when you get better and look forward to getting up again.