Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

I Want To Feel Normal Again.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 magnum1184

magnum1184

Just Registered

• Just Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 05:08 AM

Hello There,

All I have been doing is sleeping and nothing else. I don't want to be around people.
But I'm doing fine at work. All my hobbies such as shooting, jetsking and hanging out with friends I don't want to do anymore.

#2 Trace

Trace

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,085 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 05:21 AM

Hi and Welcome to DF magnum1184

Depression can make you lose interest in the things you usually like doing. Finding motivation is not always that easy, but not impossible. You may want to take a look in One Step at a Time, there are a few motivational topics in there that may help you.
Please make yourself feel at home.

Trace
Listen in deep silence. Be very still and open your mind.... Sink deep into the peace that waits for you beyond the frantic, riotous thoughts and sights and sounds of this insane world. - A course of miracles.

True beauty must come, must be grown, from within.... - Ralph W Trine.

Posted Image

#3 IsoZeiss

IsoZeiss

Gold Member

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 10:27 PM

Hello There,

All I have been doing is sleeping and nothing else. I don't want to be around people.
But I'm doing fine at work. All my hobbies such as shooting, jetsking and hanging out with friends I don't want to do anymore.

I went through that very thing when I was a teen and also recently last year where I lost all interest and motivation to do anything. It can be terrible difficult to keep moving forward when depressed but you can recover, many of us here have.

How long have you been feeling this way? Has it just been in the last few months or have you had to deal with this for longer?
Humor can be a powerful tool.

The ability to make others laugh when you yourself are in pain shows there is hope. To have hope for yourself and for others to have hope in you.

"Yet why not say what happened?" - Robert Lowell

Posted Image

#4 PoeticProse

PoeticProse

Gold Member

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 10:35 PM

Hi magnum1184,

I'm sorry you are feeling that way. I also struggled with a lack of interest in the activities I once enjoyed. I implore you to talk to your doctor about all of your symptoms and concerns, as he or she will know the best course of action to take. Cognitive-behavioral therapy is very effective for anhedonia, so that may also be a possible treatment. If you are doing well at work, then that is a good sign; being able to function shows that you have caught your symptoms early, before they have a chance to seriously affect your life. Take advantage of this and speak with a professional.

Good luck! Keep us posted.
PoeticProse
realize what you have, and all you could lose

#5 Juxt

Juxt

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 12:15 AM

I feel the same as you, I just want to sleep. You don't feel the pain. I know that's bad but I can't help it, but I always use it as a warning sign that the depression has returned and I that I have to go get help again. It always feels great when you get better and look forward to getting up again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users