Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

I`m Back To Remeron

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Barak

Barak

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:45 PM

Hi
my dr put me back on remeron 45mg for severe depression and anxiety,he said that remeron is not a stimulate AD like SSRIs or SNRIs and it should not trigger my anxiety. i took my first dose last night and today in the late afternoon i got a very high anxiety attack.
has anyone had an increase in anxiety when started Remeron?

Barak--

#2 BetterOff

BetterOff

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,232 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:43 PM

Barak, there will be some initial anxiety surges because an AD stimulates your happy hormones, because of this there will be some initial increase in anxiety but it should fade away within a couple of weeks. Its really hard for any medicine to stimulate those happy hormones without causing *some* increase initially in anxiety. But bear with it and stick it out and eventually that anxiety will go away with time or at least vastly reduce. It always takes some time to get use to a new AD because of this. Thats why they say allow six to eight weeks for an AD to kick in working for you...
it takes time to readjust the brain chemistry for the better. Hang in there I know you can do it...
Good Luck and best wishes.
Information supplied on Depression Forums by members should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for medical advice from a health professional or doctor.

#3 Simon12

Simon12

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 02:06 AM

Barak -

I have been in the process of changing from Prozac to Remeron. It only been a month and the change is not complete. Of course we are all different.
I have suffered from really horrible anxiety since at least grade school. I'm 57 now. I'm finding the Remeron helpful . My fear is she wants me to stop talking (or take less) Tranxene (7.5mg 4X a day) one of the older benzodiazepines with an extraordinarily long half lie. Which I s great I never feel it come and go and have had alcohol problems in the past.

I have high hopes fro Remeron. I have been on Prozac for like 15 years.

I fight any change because well _ I am anxious and I hate change ! ((Smile))

Please continue to post. It may or may not be the bear medicine for you.

I wish you what I want for myself : PEACE OF MIND.

Greg
Boston

(Simon12)

#4 houns339

houns339

• PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 03:20 AM

Did he start you at 45mg? That would have blown my brainbox.

I started with about 7mg and built up to 45mg over 3 months.

- john

Edited by houns339, 30 June 2011 - 03:20 AM.

#5 Barak

Barak

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 05:31 AM

Barak, there will be some initial anxiety surges because an AD stimulates your happy hormones, because of this there will be some initial increase in anxiety but it should fade away within a couple of weeks. Its really hard for any medicine to stimulate those happy hormones without causing *some* increase initially in anxiety. But bear with it and stick it out and eventually that anxiety will go away with time or at least vastly reduce. It always takes some time to get use to a new AD because of this. Thats why they say allow six to eight weeks for an AD to kick in working for you...
it takes time to readjust the brain chemistry for the better. Hang in there I know you can do it...
Good Luck and best wishes.

Thank you BetterOff~
are you on Remron too?>

#6 Velthir

Velthir

Moderator - Technician

• Admin Team-Moderator
  • 474 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 07:01 AM

Hi
my dr put me back on remeron 45mg for severe depression and anxiety,he said that remeron is not a stimulate AD like SSRIs or SNRIs and it should not trigger my anxiety. i took my first dose last night and today in the late afternoon i got a very high anxiety attack.

Barak--

Remeron is more activating at higher doses, if anxiety is a big problem you may be better off starting low and working up. Should speak to your pdoc about that.

Dx: Bipolar II/III (antidepressant induced mixed states/hypomania)
Rx: 400mg lamotrigine (Lamictal), 800 mg/day of carbamazepine (Tegretol XR), 600 mg/day Zyban (bupropion/Wellbutrin SR)
Failed meds: Cymbalta, citalopram (Celexa), agomelatine (Valdoxan), lofepramine, mirtazapine (Remeron), sertraline (Zoloft), aripiprazole (Abilify), quetiapine (Seroquel), trimipramine (Surmontil)
Partial-success: nortriptyline/Pamelor, moclobemide (Aurorix/Manerix), reboxetine

goldenvelope1jr.gif

#7 Barak

Barak

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 04:59 PM

Hi

Barak--

day fifth on 60mg anxiety is on the roof. it gets better around 3pm.

#8 Davevanza

Davevanza

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 04:17 AM

I am even higher, the psychiatrist puts me on 90mg, nocte ( before sleep), I got to bite and crush the tablet and swallow with a bit of water, if not, I could sleep until 2 pm the next day.
Almost 4 yrs I've been on the dosage.
Yes, it's true that it's not stimulating as SSRIs/SNRIs. But, as for depression, I don't find it effective.
So my Psychiatrist puts me on Moclobemide ( Mannerix / Aurorix) a RIMA- Reversible Inhibitor of Monoamine.

So far so good.
Mirtazapine is only good for sleeping to me.

#9 Barak

Barak

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 08:10 AM

I am even higher, the psychiatrist puts me on 90mg, nocte ( before sleep), I got to bite and crush the tablet and swallow with a bit of water, if not, I could sleep until 2 pm the next day.
Almost 4 yrs I've been on the dosage.
Yes, it's true that it's not stimulating as SSRIs/SNRIs. But, as for depression, I don't find it effective.
So my Psychiatrist puts me on Moclobemide ( Mannerix / Aurorix) a RIMA- Reversible Inhibitor of Monoamine.

So far so good.
Mirtazapine is only good for sleeping to me.

Thanks Davevanza!
is there anyone here who finds remeron helpful for his depression?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users