Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Viibryd! New A/d

• Please log in to reply
275 replies to this topic

#1 SLM

SLM

• PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 02:46 PM

Hello,

I was just given a sample of Viibryd, the latest antidepressant out there.

Anyone with knowledge or experience concerning it?

Thank you!
  • Acireecit likes this
100 mg Oral Dissolving Lamictal
20 mg Viibryd and going up to 40 mg (titration package of samples)

trying to remedy fatigue, OCD, *supposedly* bipolar II (mostly depression)
largest issues: *extreme fatigue* and depression

#2 BetterOff

BetterOff

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,232 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 03:43 PM

Hello, I have heard of it but not experienced it myself, but if you are going to be one of the very first to try it, I would appreciate knowing how it works for you. I asked one other person who said they were starting it to give me a review, alas, I never heard a word though, perhaps he might come across your message on DF and leave a reply.
Good Luck and best wishes and do keep us posted if you could/would... I would like to hear something positive about it.
Information supplied on Depression Forums by members should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for medical advice from a health professional or doctor.

#3 PoeticProse

PoeticProse

Gold Member

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 03:47 PM

I also do not know much about this medication. I would love to hear your experiences as you continue to take Viibyrd. Please keep us posted!
PoeticProse
realize what you have, and all you could lose

#4 lindahurt

lindahurt

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,474 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:28 PM

This med is new to me. Never heard of it before.

Lindahurt
Even in the most horrific of situations, one's attitude has an enormous role in shaping what happens ~ Viktor Frankl
In you lies the power to choose, to commit - Stephen Convey

The kind of person you want to become is greatly influence by your inner decisions, and not from outside influence alone. We can even under adverse circumstances, decide what shall become of us ~ Brian C. Stiller

Posted Image

#5 SLM

SLM

• PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:55 PM

I feel a bit nervous, seeing as this drug just became available last week. I will let everyone know how it goes. I hope that if anyone else out there is a guinea pig too (jk), they will private message me.
My hopes are that this will be activating for me. I need to update my signature, but my meds are changing: 100mg orally dissolving Lamictal ( went down because dr thought it may be a reason that I am so tired), and starting the titration pack for Viibryd in the morning. It starts at 10mg and eventually works up to 40mg.
It supposedly has less sexual side effects and risk of weight gain.. Plus, it's called Viibryd... Sounds like "vibrant", right?!? Haha yes, the marketing ploy got me there. I certainly hope it makes me more vibrant.
I am very side effect-prone, so I can't get too excited yet.
I will take it with breakfast ( you have to take with food for better efficacy). Updates to follow.

#6 SLM

SLM

• PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:56 PM

Took first pill this morning, felt fine... Slightly dizzy for a bit. I do feel more energy, but that could be a placebo effect. I feel a little more stimulated somehow.
May skip my nap today.. Unheard of!

#7 ep412

ep412

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 01:09 PM

SLM- Glad you are feeling more energy! I've been struggling with the sedentary depression symptoms of depression lately, but I also have high blood pressure, so that limits what I can take. Any idea if this new drug lists hypertension as a side effect? Keep us posted!
ep

#8 minnie1971

minnie1971

Just Registered

• Just Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 07:41 PM

I was given Viibryd by my doctor today. I'll start taking it either tomorrow or Saturday. I am looking at this medication with cautious optimism. I have been on at least thirty other medications, some worked for a while and then the dreaded poop out affect. Others were extremely bad for me, and most of them have caused cravings for sweets and alcohol.
I've always been a very thin person but since I started taking these medications in 1991 I've put on sixty pounds. This is making me even more depressed. I'm so exhausted all of the time I find it very difficult to exercise.
I am now on Effexor XR which i've been on for approximately six weeks. It has not helped my depression at all but has increased my anxiety tenfold.
I have been diagnosed with Bipolar II therefore I also take Lithium.
Anyway, I am my doctors first patient to try out Viibryd, and I said to her "Oh I'll be your first guinea pig." To which she replied "Yes".
If I don't go crazy I'll keep everyone informed as to how this drug is working for me.

Take care everyone,
Minnie

Edited by minnie1971, 30 June 2011 - 07:44 PM.

#9 Spiritual_Wanderer

Spiritual_Wanderer

Community Assistant

• DF Support
  • 5,035 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:23 PM

Hi minnie1971. Thanks for sharing and please do keep us posted!

:hugs:
Many Blessings,
SW
goldenvelope1jr.gif

Not all those who wander are lost. - J.R.R. Tolkien
Don't let the muggles get you down. ― J.K. Rowling

#10 SLM

SLM

• PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 08:28 PM

ep412:
I only read that you must tell your dr if you have hypertension before taking this med... But I may have missed something.

So far, I have taken 4 days of 10mg. I feel more energetic in the mornings right after I take it, and my irritability and lethargy come on as the day progresses. I hope that as my dose increases over the weeks, that almost-positive and energetic feeling lasts longer. I feel pretty cranky and tired at the moment, alas, it is 8:30pm.

More updates to follow..

#11 Sunshine11

Sunshine11

Just Registered

• Just Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 09:03 PM

I have also just been given a sample of Viibryd and am on the fifth day. Have not experienced any side affects yet. Will keep everyone posted.

#12 Elleb33

Elleb33

Just Registered

• Just Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 12:19 AM

I switched to Viibryd 12 days ago from 20 mg of Lexapro. I didn't feel well at first. I was a basket case for a few days but as the days went on I started to feel better and better. I sped up the titration after a few days. I took 10 for 4 days, 20 for 5 days, and 40 for the last 3 days. I had some diarrhea but no big deal. I must say, so far, I LOVE the Viibryd. For the last week or so I have felt the depression and anxiety symptoms reduced but there are 2 BIG differences that I wasn't sure of at first but I think it's the Viibryd. I FEEL more, I can feel an appropriate amount of my real emotions, I feel more like me and not so dulled and blah. Also, I am SURE I feel a big libido increase, it's ridiculous in a good way. I know it hasn't been very long but I am very optimistic, would love to hear what others think. I take it at lunch, which is usually my biggest meal. It's important to take it with food for it to work. I looked up the blood pressure and heart rate, it's not an issue.

#13 Syrinx

Syrinx

• PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 04:33 PM

I'm so grateful you guys are sharing your knowledge and experiences here. The American FDA gave approval for Viibryd back in January of 2011. I asked my (Canadian) psychiatrist about it and he hadn't even heard of it yet. He told me it took 5 years for Cymbalta to get approved in Canada. I asked why is the system like that, and he had no idea.
Let's keep this thread alive with new info as it comes out.

#14 VioletBlue1912

VioletBlue1912

Just Registered

• Just Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:02 PM

So excited to hear from people taking this new med. I was put on Seroquel today and in two weeks will be put on Viibryd, as well. Like others, I will be my Docs guinea pig. I was only just diagnosed with BPD II today...in the past my depression has been treated pretty generally with Lexapro, Celexa, Paxil, Effexor, Zoloft, Cymbalta and Wellbutrin. Most recently I was on Zoloft and Wellbutrin...to no avail. Please, please, please keep us up to date on your personal experiences with Viibryd. Thank you!!!! :smilingteeth:

#15 NikkiQ

NikkiQ

Just Registered

• Just Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:42 PM

I've been depressed off and on for at least 15 years and have tried all the antidepressants. Zoloft helped me the most and was the first drug I was prescribed in about 1995. However, I gained 30 lbs in six months. I've been overweight since that time. I've been taking Viibryd for six days and haven't felt any much of a difference, maybe a little more energy. I'm hopeful though. I really, really, really hope it helps me feel good again. I want to do the things I enjoy and be happy.
  • LovelyLady likes this

#16 scottybear

scottybear

• PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 01:02 AM

I too have just started with Viibryd; as it started to become readily available since late June. So far I am having somewhat mixed results, but I hope continuing it will start improving the efficacy. I'm anticipating Viibryd may be a good solution for long term use. I was on Pexeva (reform of Paxil) for several months, and liked the calming effect, but I slowly put on some weight and there was some libido issues as well. The idea that Viibryd may have less sexual and weight gain side effects is definitely one of the reasons I decided to give it a try. The reason why it comes in a titration pack is most likely due to the side effects. There is pronounced, nausea, tiredness, dizziness, and loose stools as I started on taking 20mg/day. I'm on about day 8, at 30mg and was thinking of taking it at night instead because of the sleepiness effect. Although, the prescribing information states that it should be taken with food to avoid changes in the plasma concentration which can alter the effect. I have noticed in some anxiety relief, but haven't really been too impressed with it's ability make me more motivated or social. I'm hoping this will come; although I'm currently withdrawing from Effexor and in a depressive episode which may be impacting my results. As mentioned by a previous poster, there does seem to be a reduction in the so called 'zombie' effect it which you are separated from your emotions. It was very hard to be creative or even daydream on some of the classic SSRIs due to them basically blocking out introspective thoughts. Unfortunately I don't think Viibryd is revolutionary in any particular aspect of treatment, but I'm hoping that it will offer near or better efficacy and different side effect profile of the other SSRIs on the market.

#17 SLM

SLM

• PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 04:07 PM

I am a few days into the 20mg dosage (so 11 days total on the drug) and I must day that I don't feel that well. Extremely irritable and tired. No sex drive. Some diarrhea/nausea, but not bad. I don't know.. Just feeling like giving up... But I won't, I can't. I am going to keep going and hope it gets better. I just hate watching my life swirl down the drain as I slowly chase after happiness.

#18 SnapeyDresser

SnapeyDresser

Just Registered

• Just Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 04:24 PM

Hello,

Thank you!

Hello. I've been on Viibryd for 21 days. Switched to it from Cymbalta. So far, I have positive feelings about it.
I began at 20mg because I couldn't get samples. Just broke the 40mg pills in half. Had 1 day of mild diarrhea at the beginning but Immodium knocked it right out. My primary side-effects have been dry mouth, sleepiness, mild insomnia, a bit of mental fog, loss of appetite and nausea if I eat too much. I've lost 2 or 3 pounds on this pill so far without trying to. On Cymbalta, I was completely constipated. That has gone away.

During the first week, I felt my libido return a lot. The second week, my interest in sex went away, probably because of the depressive sag you get from going from one med to another. The delayed orgasm was only there a tiny fraction of what it was on Cymbalta.

Since day one, I haven't felt much anxiety on Viibryd. Just kinda drowsy.

At day 14, I tried to ramp up to the suggested 40mg "optimal dose" but went back down to 20mg (or 30 depending on how well I snap the pill) because I just felt too medicated and too nauseous when I ate.

Now at day 21, I kind of feel like the antidepressant is actually beginning to work on my depression.

Btw, before Viibryd made it to the Depression Forum, I found a bunch of other Viibryd users discussing it on a blog called "Chipur". Google "Viibryd: an updated user's journal" if you want to read a lot more experiences specifically with Viibryd, or just Google "Chipur".

• shelbylynne710 likes this

#19 SLM

SLM

• PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:32 PM

Thank you do much for that ray of hope! I feel a bit better now than yesterday, I know it will be a bumpy ride, but it sounds like it gets better. My 40 mg pills start in a couple days... Kinda nervous about that.
Do you think that you will eventually try to get to 40 mg a day without cutting the pills?

#20 michael10364

michael10364

Just Registered

• Just Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 11:58 PM

just keep us updated you guys. does this stuff feel anything like buspar since it's a partial serotonin agonist also? i just had a bad experience with buspar. it actually decreased my libido instead of increasing it like it does to most people. made me feel emotionless too. i didnt take it very long tho, so i dont know if its possible for it to make you worse before making you better or what.

Edited by michael10364, 13 July 2011 - 12:00 AM.

#21 iwillbeatyou

iwillbeatyou

Just Registered

• Just Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:02 AM

Hello,

Thank you!

Hello. I've been on Viibryd for 21 days. Switched to it from Cymbalta. So far, I have positive feelings about it.
I began at 20mg because I couldn't get samples. Just broke the 40mg pills in half. Had 1 day of mild diarrhea at the beginning but Immodium knocked it right out. My primary side-effects have been dry mouth, sleepiness, mild insomnia, a bit of mental fog, loss of appetite and nausea if I eat too much. I've lost 2 or 3 pounds on this pill so far without trying to. On Cymbalta, I was completely constipated. That has gone away.

During the first week, I felt my libido return a lot. The second week, my interest in sex went away, probably because of the depressive sag you get from going from one med to another. The delayed orgasm was only there a tiny fraction of what it was on Cymbalta.

At day 14, I tried to ramp up to the suggested 40mg "optimal dose" but went back down to 20mg (or 30 depending on how well I snap the pill) because I just felt too medicated and too nauseous when I ate.

Now at day 21, I kind of feel like the antidepressant is actually beginning to work on my depression.

Btw, before Viibryd made it to the Depression Forum, I found a bunch of other Viibryd users discussing it on a blog called "Chipur". Google "Viibryd: an updated user's journal" if you want to read a lot more experiences specifically with Viibryd, or just Google "Chipur".

hey at day 21, how has your sexual functioning been?? because you are cross tapering, the cymbalta may not have completely left your system and thus the sexual dysfunctions are still there. the sexual functions may return when the cymbalta completely leaves your system. definitely keep me updated guys don;t be embarrassed to share this information!!

#22 SnapeyDresser

SnapeyDresser

Just Registered

• Just Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:55 AM

Thank you do much for that ray of hope! I feel a bit better now than yesterday, I know it will be a bumpy ride, but it sounds like it gets better. My 40 mg pills start in a couple days... Kinda nervous about that.
Do you think that you will eventually try to get to 40 mg a day without cutting the pills?

SLM: I'm going to try to tolerate 40mg in steps. 30mg one day, 40mg the next, back to 30mg the next day and so on.
It gets much better! Hope it suits you.

#23 SnapeyDresser

SnapeyDresser

Just Registered

• Just Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:01 AM

Hello,

Thank you!

hey at day 21, how has your sexual functioning been?? because you are cross tapering, the cymbalta may not have completely left your system and thus the sexual dysfunctions are still there. the sexual functions may return when the cymbalta completely leaves your system. definitely keep me updated guys don;t be embarrassed to share this information!!

IWillBeatYou:
I never cross-tapered the Cymbalta. Just stopped it and began the Viibryd.
At day 22, sexual function is very...well... functional. Delayed orgasm is gone. I'm happy with that aspect so far.

#24 scottybear

scottybear

• PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 04:31 PM

Do you guys take it at night or morning? I'm still about 12 days into the trial, but a morning dose leaves me quite dizzy and a tad medicated feeling. Yesterday I took it with a couple crackers before I went to be bed and the dizziness wasn't as pronounced. Also for those tapering off stronger medications like Effexor and Cymbalta, does motivation come back on Viibryd? I've felt kind of lazy the last week and 1/2

#25 SLM

SLM

• PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:21 PM

I try to take it at night, it makes me sleepy.. But that sometimes carries into the next day. The ONLY med that helped me with energy/motivation was Wellbutrin (couldn't tolerate tinnitus)... So far, Viibryd hasn't helped at all in the energy/motivation dept. Tomorrow evening I will take 40mg at night.
*** What makes you say that Effexor would be stronger than Viibryd?

#26 michael10364

michael10364

Just Registered

• Just Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:04 PM

SLM, you said a few posts ago that your libido is down. is this from the viibryd or was it already bad? and has it made your motivation worse or has it just not affected it at all?

Edited by michael10364, 13 July 2011 - 10:05 PM.

#27 glimmerofhope

glimmerofhope

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 02:19 AM

Today I got my pack of Viibryd and I'll tell you, I'm excited! I have changed Dr's to one of the very best and most highly recommended psychiatrists and his parting words were, "You are gonna' feel like a new person!". It might sound like he was V's sales rep but he's not.:happy: I took my first one right before dinner and I'm excited to see how it goes. If there is an anti-depressant on the market, I've tried it. The worst for me were Effexor and Cymbalta......Effexor gave me the most trouble coming off it......that was an ugly experience, to put it mildly. Now, keep in my mind.that was just my experience. But, the absolute worst was Pristiq. I felt so good for about a month and then the nightmares and vertigo began and I mean those were so unbearable!! Ixnay on the Pristiq! I've taken Zoloft and Prozac for a long time, alternating between the two, with the only bit of success I've had but they only help so long, for me anyway. I'm stoked to try the Viibryd because my Dr. thinks so highly of it and if I have some side effects in the beginning, I do not care. The ones that can occur are no biggie compared to the ones from other meds....especially the Pristiq and Effexor.
I'll keep you posted and I hope everyone else will keep posting their experiences with it! Good luck to us all!!
:winkkiss:

Edited by glimmerofhope, 14 July 2011 - 02:23 AM.

#28 SLM

SLM

• PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 04:07 PM

michael10364:

My libido was already low, now it's super low, but then again, I feel pretty depressed all around. I can say this : Viibryd isn't helping.
I also have problems with obsessive thoughts. Fear or death/something happening to my family. Also just general insecurities, inadequancies. Feeling sorry for the people ing life because they have to be with me. Blah blah.
I really need energy, that has always been a problem. Viibryd is not the magic bullet for me.

#29 SLM

SLM

• PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 04:11 PM

Maybe I should try the Wellburin for the 3rd time and get hearing aids??? Not even joking here, I'm serious. I feel so frustrated and like I am getting closer and closer to a hospital stay.

#30 SLM

SLM

• PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 05:37 PM

Talked to my therapist, going to finish out the rest of the sample pack.. 2 more weeks.

#31 lkelley36

lkelley36

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 03:43 PM

I am going to start taking it tomorrow, if the pharmacy gets it in. I am on Welbutrin and will continue with that also. In the past, I have taken WB and Lex together, but the Lex made me feel like I had no feelings at all, so I took myself off of it. I have read that this is much better. Glad to see all the posts. Is anyone else taking WB with Viibryd?

Thanks,

#32 laura73

laura73

Just Registered

• Just Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 09:17 PM

I'm on day 6 of 10mg and cautiously optimistic that it may be activating for me. I read on a different forum that chemically Viibryd is like Paxil + Buspar. I felt down and had headaches on Buspar but not so far w/ Viibryd. Paxil was the worst for me as far as sexual side effects. Too early to really tell about that yet. I had a couple rough days with diarrhea. Am concerned it may worsen with higher dose. The only med that has given me energy boost in many years was Abilify and I had to stop because of EPS. I'm feeling a little bit like I did on the Abilify...have gone shopping, lunch with friends, a little housework. This is probably not placebo effect for me bc I've been thru so many meds that haven't helped that I've given up on hoping for the magic cure. Again, cautiously optimistic. Will post more later and appreciate hearing from others...especially people who are taking Viibryd because they're running out of drug options. I'm past the point of caring about weight gain and sex. My depression has been severe the past couple of years.

#33 SLM

SLM

• PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 08:19 AM

I am really happy for you and hope the results continue!

#34 tugboat

tugboat

Just Registered

• Just Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 05:49 PM

This is my first post. My spouse, who does not currently use computers, is considering starting Viibryd after many different ADs over past 25 years. I am watching this site as well as the Chipur site mentioned by another poster here. Effexor worked for the longest period, but pooped out. Abilify was added as augmentation, BUT after being left on it for over a year, he developed Tardive Dyskinesia (look it up, it's bad and luckily has abated). AB was stopped cold turkey - no effects as far as we know. He weaned off Effexor over 2 month period, then was put on Cymbalta. It had the worst side effects of anything he's ever taken. During week five, he developed serious pain and trembling in his left hand and the bottoms of his feet started going numb. He stopped it cold turkey, with much sufferering, has now been off for five weeks and is over some of the withdrawal but still has the hand pain and inability to use for some motions, which we hope will eventually go away.

He is extremely depressed after nearly six weeks without any AD on top of a very bad career situation. No questions at this point, but wanted to introduce. We'll be calling his Pdoc tomorrow about possibility of starting Viibryd, and will post our experiences if he does. We are pretty afraid to feel any hope for anything at this point.

#35 Barak

Barak

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 10:13 PM

This is my first post. My spouse, who does not currently use computers, is considering starting Viibryd after many different ADs over past 25 years. I am watching this site as well as the Chipur site mentioned by another poster here. Effexor worked for the longest period, but pooped out. Abilify was added as augmentation, BUT after being left on it for over a year, he developed Tardive Dyskinesia (look it up, it's bad and luckily has abated). AB was stopped cold turkey - no effects as far as we know. He weaned off Effexor over 2 month period, then was put on Cymbalta. It had the worst side effects of anything he's ever taken. During week five, he developed serious pain and trembling in his left hand and the bottoms of his feet started going numb. He stopped it cold turkey, with much sufferering, has now been off for five weeks and is over some of the withdrawal but still has the hand pain and inability to use for some motions, which we hope will eventually go away.

He is extremely depressed after nearly six weeks without any AD on top of a very bad career situation. No questions at this point, but wanted to introduce. We'll be calling his Pdoc tomorrow about possibility of starting Viibryd, and will post our experiences if he does. We are pretty afraid to feel any hope for anything at this point.

Hi,
has he ever been on combo of prozac and zyprexa? Symbyax is the drug name.

Barak--

Edited by lindahurt, 17 July 2011 - 10:26 PM.
Link: Per TOS

#36 minnie1971

minnie1971

Just Registered

• Just Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 10:18 AM

Here is my updated post on Viibryd. I have been on it for approximately 2-3 weeks. I am now taking 20mg. It's difficult to figure out if it's working or not as I'm also being weaned off from Effexor XR and I'm having withdrawals from that. I did notice that my anxiety is much better and I have a little more energy. Time will tell though, I won't know if this drug is going to work for me until I'm completely off the Effexor and all withdrawal symptoms are gone. I've read that Effexor XR can be extremely difficult to get off from but so far my withdrawals are somewhat mild. It may be because I take 10 mg. of Valium at night and I'm also on 600mg. of Lithium.
I will post again atter my withdrawals are over and I've increased my Viibryd dosage. My next goal is to wean myself off the Valium.
After the

#37 readingsuzy

readingsuzy

Just Registered

• Just Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 12:02 PM

My Dr.just gave me Viibryd this morning, Because of the month or more it takes to become fully effective she is lowering my lexapro weekly with the uptake of the new drug. By week four I will be off the Lexapro and hopefully won't have the rotten feelings you get when you change anit drepressents. She also gave me a months worth of Zanex in case I get severe anxiety during the transition.

#38 tugboat

tugboat

Just Registered

• Just Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:04 PM

Hi,
has he ever been on combo of prozac and zyprexa? Symbyax is the drug name.

Barak--

Thanks for question. He has no bipolar indications - straight, hard core depression most of adult life. Prozac didn't help him at all, even boosted with Wellb.
Started the Viibryd today at the 10 level. Maybe - Maybe. Any side effects he has at this point will be solely from the V. as he's not on anything else except vitamins and Omega 3 oil. Will post again in a few days with any side effects.

#39 crab76

crab76

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 01:07 PM

I'm about to start on Viibryd. I'm scared!

I want to lose weight i've gained from abilify. (5-10lbs) has anyone lost weight on Viibryd?

Currently I'm on wellbutrin & abilify. Definitley stopping abilify. But I don't know if I should stay on wellbutrin. IKelley36 ~ U said your on wellbutrin too. Is this a good combo for you?

#40 lkelley36

lkelley36

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 02:43 PM

I'm about to start on Viibryd. I'm scared!

I want to lose weight i've gained from abilify. (5-10lbs) has anyone lost weight on Viibryd?

Currently I'm on wellbutrin & abilify. Definitley stopping abilify. But I don't know if I should stay on wellbutrin. IKelley36 ~ U said your on wellbutrin too. Is this a good combo for you?

So far I am really doing great! I have only been on Viibryd for 6 days, but I can tell some calmity...lol.. As far as the Wellbutrin...I have to stay on it. Everytime I go off of it I get that I am just mad and upset all the time. My doctor just laughs at me and asks why I take myself off it....and my kids are like "Take your medicine Mom!". I don't go off it anymore. Sooooo, after all said and done...I am liking the two together. If the Wellbutrin works for you, I don't think I would change that part. That is a totally different medicine and you don't notice til about 2 weeks later that you aren't taking it...at least that is the way it is for me. Then, you realize why you are like you are and want it to work immediately when you start back...lol

As far as losing weight...I haven't gained any, so that is good!! I won't take meds that make me gain weight. I take thyroid med as it is and struggle with that. I will say usually I know before now on meds if they are going to do that...but we will see...so far...so good!!
  • shelbylynne710 likes this

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Yahoo (1)