Advertisement

Scheduled Maintenance:

Please be aware that depressionforums will be down for a short period beginning from 02:00 EST (07:00 GMT) on Sunday 21st December for necessary maintenance. We apologise for the inconvenience and it should only take about 45 minutes.

• No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

going off mirtazapine

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
60 replies to this topic

#1 dela

dela

ID: 7435

• PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 02:46 AM

I am going off these meds as they did not help at all.
I am changing onto paxil which i used to take for a number of years. better the devil you know!
Ihave cut down to about half and am feeling really anxious. could this be just withdrawal?

#2 surgeon2006

surgeon2006

Platinum Member

ID: 6878

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,174 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 03:52 AM

Dela,

Yes anxiety is a withdrawal effect of this med..

Theres a few other mebers doing the same as you at the moment...katrinasurvivor has set up a thread in the other medications forum..there could be some helpful info there and also another means of support.

Hope this is of some help.
Kind regards
SO6
:hearts:
Life is too short to wake up with regrets,
So love the people who treat you right.
Forget about the ones who don't.
Believe everything happens for a reason.
If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.
If it changes your life, let it.
Nobody said life would be easy....
they just promised itd be worth it.

#3 Viviane

Viviane

Silver Member

ID: 5697

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 05:09 AM

Yes it could be connected with the dosage change

I hope you have had some advice from your doctor to help you reduce your meds -

good luck I myself have just reduced and stopped taking a medication so I can start a new one :) and I got very anxious at times - some of that could have been knowing I was loosing the meds support and some of that my condition

#4 dela

dela

• PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 07:42 AM

Since my post earlier i have also been feeling nausea. So i think it's the withdrawal. I have dropped from 45 to 15. a bit too quick i think. may go back up to 30 for a few days and then reduce from there.
thanks for you help.

#5 lizard

lizard

ID: 20

• Platinum Member
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 12:35 AM

I usually taper off meds very slowly. You might consider, after a few days at 30 mg, alternating 30 mg/15 mg for a while, then down to 15, then take 15 mg every other day... check with your doc, of course.
Good luck!
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that little voice at the end of the day that says: "I'll try again tomorrow."
Anne Hunninghake

Posted Image

hotlines

#6 surgeon2006

surgeon2006

Platinum Member

ID: 6878

• Platinum Member
  • 4,174 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 12:41 AM

Dela,

I agree with lizard and viv...listen to your body and come off them at the rate thats going to work best for you,after all theres no time limit to this.
Hopefully going down to 30 will be better..good luck... :hearts:
Life is too short to wake up with regrets,
So love the people who treat you right.
Forget about the ones who don't.
Believe everything happens for a reason.
If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.
If it changes your life, let it.
Nobody said life would be easy....
they just promised itd be worth it.

#7 dela

dela

• PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 02:43 AM

still feeling really anxious.
i have tapered right down to 7.5. and have started onto the paxil/seroxat. fingers crossed

#8 dede

dede

ID: 7312

• Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 07:54 AM

still feeling really anxious.
i have tapered right down to 7.5. and have started onto the paxil/seroxat. fingers crossed

#9 dede

dede

ID: 7312

• Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 08:02 AM

(still feeling really anxious.
i have tapered right down to 7.5. and have started onto the paxil/seroxat. fingers crossed ............)

Hope you have a better day today. I came off Remeron about 2 wks. ago. I tried to taper, but my SE just got worse. So I stopped cold turkey. I do not recommend this unless your pdoc is aware. Remeron was not a good drug for me, & it took a long time to get rid of the SE when I first started increasing it to finally taking 45 mgm. at bedtime! I'm one of the few people who did not get sleepy with Remeron. I still needed to take Klonopin to get to sleep at nite. Then when the Remeron kicked in, I felt like I had been unconscious for the 8 hrs. I slept! The one good thing about Remeron.........it cleared my sinus problem up, but again not worth the other SE that it caused. Now my sinusitis is back, but no other SE! You win a few, you lose a few. dede

#10 dela

dela

• PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 02:38 AM

thanks dede
i am finally off the remeron. and am on 20 mg of paxil/seroxat.
i do feel really anxious which i think is a side effect of withdrawal. horrible, but i hope it won't last too long.

what sort of se's did you have from stopping?

#11 JoMom

JoMom

ID: 7888

• Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 05:52 PM

I realize you didn't ask me, but I just wanted to relate my experience in the hope it might help someone. I stopped taking Zoloft AND Remeron cold turkey. Thinking back, I'm sure that was not a wise thing to do. I didn't talk to my Dr., I just did it. I was nauseous, I itched from my head to my feet, and I barely had the strength some days to raise my arms. This lasted I think for about two weeks and I also had what I call brain zaps. My daughter told me they were electrical charges in your brain. At first I didn't even know what they were, but they are not fun. Does anyone know what I am talking about? It was like if there was a tiny little bird sitting inside your ear, chirping in your head. Does that make any sense? But that is what it felt like.

BTW, I did pretty good for a couple of years and finally had to go back on Zoloft for panic attacks. My best advice: Don't mess around with drugs on your own. By all means talk to your Dr. before making any decisions about your meds.

#12 lizard

lizard

• Platinum Member
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 11:25 AM

My best advice: Don't mess around with drugs on your own. By all means talk to your Dr. before making any decisions about your meds

Good advice! And you're always welcome to join in the discussion at any time!
You described the 'brain zaps' well. I've had them, too.
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that little voice at the end of the day that says: "I'll try again tomorrow."
Anne Hunninghake

Posted Image

hotlines

#13 Canadian Girl

Canadian Girl

ID: 5496

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 01:40 AM

I am discontinuing Remeron too.I was taking 30mg's a day and my doc said to take 15 mg's/day for 3 weeks and then I have to go see her again and discuss the next steps to take.I gained 30 lbs on the Remeron and I have stretch marks all over my body and it is very unpleasant.I won't wear shorts in public and I have yet to go swimming which is one of my favorite activities in the summer time.I did weight watcher for 2 months and lost 17 lbs which was great but I quit the program for 3 weeks and gained 4 lbs in the first 4 days of not doing weight watchers and haven't weighed myself since. I don't think the Remeron is really helping all that much, except for helping me sleep good at night.I hope I don't get insomnia from the dosage decrease.Once I quit it altogether I am going to start with weight watchers again and really focus on losing weight again. For now I am just trying to excercise daily.

#14 gigi

gigi

ID: 5827

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 08:11 AM

Good luck coming off the remeron, c. girl. I, too, have been on it since dec. 2005. It has been a great relief in that I sleep so so well, in general, but also feel quite sedated and "vacant brained" a lot of the day. I have been on a multitude of meds for my depression/anxiety in the past year and a half (about 16 to be exact) and remeron is the least offensive of all. However, the sedation stinks and at some point I will try to get off of it. And I can totally relate to the weight gain! I have NEVER had a weight problem and always been trim and fit. I gained 15 pounds in the first 2 months (and this was with watching my food intake and probably eating less than normal)! And now it is summer time and I feel like a big flab of fat in my bathing suit and shorts. I've had to buy new clothes and basically really watch what it eat. This is tremendously challenging as remeron , for me, really makes me so so hungry!

Please keep us posted on your taper and to all the others, please keep us posted.

Best of luck to everyone. This is not an easy life ...... depression/anxiety not easily treated with meds, but I just take it one step at a time.

peace,
gigi

#15 Canadian Girl

Canadian Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 04:49 PM

Hi gigi,
Thanks for the support.It sure is difficult to find a med that works well.Remeron is the 5th medication I have tried for depression. I can't believe you have tried 16 meds in the last year and a half! That is so terrible.Well I mean it's good that you are trying to relieve your depression instead of trying to ignore it. Good for you for keeping on trying.
Well, I took 15 mg's last night instead of the usual 30 and I had the worst insomnia ever. I didn't get to sleep until 7 am this morning.I feel very out of sorts today.It was also the hottest night of the year so far last night and it was terrible trying to sleep in this heat.We dont know if we are allowed air conditioners at our place so we have been suffering.But we are going to find out today because we do actually have an air conditioner and it really is the time to use it!
I dont know if I will take 15mg's again or go back to 30.Doc said I could alternante between the two.I just hope the insomnia gets better over the next few days.
Well I'll keep everyone posted on my progress cause I know its helpful for others to know how to quit remeron and what to expect. :hearts:

#16 gigi

gigi

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 07:20 PM

The heat can really make sleeping impossible, so I hope you get your AC. Can you take something to help you sleep as you are tapering off? Everyone's bodies are different, but I know that ativan helps me when I need it for sleep. Also, maybe you can split your remeron pills and take 22.5 mg from the 30 mg, instead of going from 30 to 15? I know it is challenging. My times of taper from one med to another have been very trying. (which is one reason I am just sticking on this remeron for now..... but at some point I need to get off of it)

Good luck and thanks for keeping us posted. We are all rooting for you!

gigi

#17 Canadian Girl

Canadian Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 12:51 AM

Guess what?? We are allowed to have an air conditioner, Yay!!!!! We hooked it up this afternoon and hopefully we will be able to sleep better tonight! I took 15 mg's again tonight and I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will be able to sleep good tonight.
I do have both lorazepam and clonazepam if I need to sleep .I only usually take those if I absolutely have to cause I am afraid of getting addicted to them.But its nice to know they are there for emergencies!

#18 frosk

frosk

ID: 4954

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 10:41 PM

dela: Just curious on how you are doing on the Paxil. That is the only med that ever worked for me. I stopped it and now it no longer works. Just wanted to see if you are having the same situation.

#19 gyuri

gyuri

Just Registered

ID: 9083

• Just Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 10:21 AM

Hei everyone!
i am new here. i am taking remeron about 4 weeks ago.i have to tell you this is the best med. i ever tried.
but i become soo fat, and thats my only problam.
there is anyone who know what to do about it? i am allways soo hungry::::: :hearts:

#20 gigi

gigi

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 11:18 AM

The weight gain is not fun.... What I try to do is snack on low calorie foods when i have the hunger pangs. I eat hard boiled eggs, small bits of nuts, yogurts, fruits, raw veges. I recently discovered delicious frozen chocolate bars which are sugar free and only have 60 calories per bar. I have totally stopped eating sugar and sweets and this really helps as I don't crave it as much.

Good luck!

By the way, how are you doing on your taper, Canadian girl?

peace,
gretchen

#21 lizard

lizard

• Platinum Member
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 01:30 AM

Welcome, gyuri :hearts:
I find exercise helps a lot to curb my appetite.
Glad to hear the Remeron is helping you to feel better!
Anne Hunninghake

Posted Image

hotlines

#22 Warnez

Warnez

ID: 8348

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 01:34 PM

I have been suffering from depression on and off for the last 5 years.

I have been on Zispin (Mirtazapine) for over a year and I have to say the drug was brilliant at the start.

As time has gone on it has stopped having effect and the drug has also made me feel completely lifeless - I find it really difficult talking to people I know (good friends and work colleagues) and I feel completely emotionless.

I decided enough was enough so I spoke to my GP who decided to try me on a new med.

I have been coming off 45mg for the last 10 days - 7 days on 30mg and am now taking 15mg for the next 7 days.

Has anyone else experienced the feeling of being completely emotionless whilst on this med?

The last 10 days have been really tough and I am worrying about everything and nothing (hopefully this is part of the coming off process).

I am later this week starting a new med called 'Dosulepin', has anyone else tried this med?

Regards

Warnez

#23 lizard

lizard

• Platinum Member
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 10:36 PM

I'm sorry the mirtazapine pooped out for you, Warnez. Hopefully the new med will help.

Has anyone else experienced the feeling of being completely emotionless whilst on this med?

The last 10 days have been really tough and I am worrying about everything and nothing

Yes I've felt emotionally flat on some of the more sedating ADs. And I do think that some of the worrying you're experiencing may well be an effect of discontinuing the med.
While I haven't taken Dosulepin (it's generic name is dothiepin), I have taken other meds in the same AD category (tricyclic antidepressants, or TCAs) with some success. You might want to ask if anyone has experience with it in the 'other meds' room.
I wish you the best with this change!
Anne Hunninghake

Posted Image

hotlines

#24 Warnez

Warnez

ID: 8348

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 07:52 AM

Thanks Lizard, I will give the 'other meds' room a try.

Warnez

#25 Mybe one day

Mybe one day

ID: 9132

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 12:14 PM

Right when i was on zispin 30mg for a year in 2004, when i stopped taking it i had a constant worry that i wouldnt be able to sleep without them, i used to shake and get frustrated alot, but that soon went... I recently started it again but i stayed on 15mg and i have stopped them a week ago and i havnt really had any withdrawl symptoms... They really did help me through my episodes of depression. This time i was only on them 2 and half months and my doctor said it is up to me if i stop them and to be honest i think i am ready, but i do have a supply just incase i have a break down again....
I just wanna be happy!

#26 Canadian Girl

Canadian Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 02:56 PM

Just an update on my withdrawl from Remeron......I took 15 mg's for 1 month and then I had to see the doc again as per her request, and then she said to take 7.5 mg's /day for 1 or 2 weeks depending on how I feel and then take 7.5mg's every other day for about a week and then stop. I had insomnia at first when I dropped from 30mg's down to 15 but I have to say that when I went from 15 to 7.5, I have been sleeping like a baby!The lower dose makes me much more tired.
I am looking forward to losing weight once I stop this med.I have gained 40lbs.I feel terrible about my body and I have stretch marks everywhere, even on my arms where people can see. It is so embarassing! I havent worked for 9 months and I had a job interview today and I tried on all my old work pants and only 1 pair fit, after trying on 6 pairs.It was dreadful......If I get this job I am going to have to go shopping for a whole new wardrobe!
Anyway I expect the rest of the withdrawl to go smoothly.I will update once I am fully finished!

#27 gigi

gigi

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 06:51 PM

It is good to hear of your successful progress, Canadian Girl. Just wondering, is the tiredness you feel when you went from 15 to 7.5 just at night so that you sleep well, or is it in the daytime , too? I am so happy to hear it has gone well. You give me hope as I am soon going to try to taper off my remeron , as well. I know how awful the weight gain is..... I have had the same problem. I am just trying to tell myself that I can lose the weight once I get off of it, hopefully.

Best of luck to you!!

Keep us posted,

peace,
gigi

#28 Canadian Girl

Canadian Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 07:34 PM

It is good to hear of your successful progress, Canadian Girl. Just wondering, is the tiredness you feel when you went from 15 to 7.5 just at night so that you sleep well, or is it in the daytime , too? I am so happy to hear it has gone well. You give me hope as I am soon going to try to taper off my remeron , as well. I know how awful the weight gain is..... I have had the same problem. I am just trying to tell myself that I can lose the weight once I get off of it, hopefully.

Best of luck to you!!

Keep us posted,

peace,
gigi

Hi Gigi,
I wish you the best of luck when you stop taking Remeron.I am quite sure that you will be fine.Just remember to take it slow and if you feel it is too fast for you, just go back to the previous dose you were taking for a bit longer and then try to taper again in a week or so.
I mostly feel tired about 1.5hours after I take it.I take it at 10pm.I am feeling a little bit tired during the day as well, but nothing too serious.I havent been taking naps or anything like that.
I have read others stories about how once they stopped the remeron, they lost the weight without trying very hard.I do hope this is the case for me, but if not, I will start weight watchers again.Last time I managed to lose 17lbs in 2 months time.Good Luck

#29 lizard

lizard

• Platinum Member
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 08:54 PM

Canadian Girl and gigi,
Good luck to you both as you taper off. I agree with you: slower is better! I found the weight came off pretty easily once I was off the Remeron, and losing weight is usually a major struggle for me.

Mybe one day, I hope you continue to do well! If you should need to go back on them, I would suggest staying on the Remeron longer - that can help avoid relapse into depression; it would at least be worth a discussion with your doc.
Anne Hunninghake

Posted Image

hotlines

#30 Canadian Girl

Canadian Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 09:39 PM

Thanks Lizard,
That is so good to hear that you lost the weight too.That is very encouraging!I am going to see how I feel as for my depression issues once I stop the Remeron.If it gets to be a problem, I will just have to try something else.I am actually sad that the remeron made me gain so much weight b/c it is the only antidepressant that I have ever taken that dosen't give me bad side effects.

#31 Moonlight_Magic

Moonlight_Magic

Silver Member

ID: 6655

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 04:32 PM

I have been suffering from depression on and off for the last 5 years.

I have been on Zispin (Mirtazapine) for over a year and I have to say the drug was brilliant at the start.

As time has gone on it has stopped having effect and the drug has also made me feel completely lifeless - I find it really difficult talking to people I know (good friends and work colleagues) and I feel completely emotionless.

I decided enough was enough so I spoke to my GP who decided to try me on a new med.

I have been coming off 45mg for the last 10 days - 7 days on 30mg and am now taking 15mg for the next 7 days.

The last 10 days have been really tough and I am worrying about everything and nothing (hopefully this is part of the coming off process).

I am later this week starting a new med called 'Dosulepin', has anyone else tried this med?

Regards

Warnez

Ive been on mirtazapine for 5 years now, i dont find it makes me emotionally flat, but it doesnt work as well as it used to.

Dothiepin, i was on before mirtazapine and actually i found it brilliant. It was better than the mirtazapine for me, but for some reason when i was put back on medication mirtazapine was the one the dr gave me.
"Oneday your prince will find you, mine just got lost on the way and was too stubborn to ask for directions!" (annoymous)

All quotes below by me and whomever happened to come up with them before i did (lol):

"Beneath the pessimism that is depression im an eternal optimist, so please don't be fooled by my seeming negativity!" *ahem*

"Finding acceptance from the world around us, begins with finding acceptance of the self".

"You dont have to achieve great things to be a great person!"

"On the road of life im a sunday driver. Im taking the scenic route at a speed im comfortable with. So if you want to overtake me, please feel free, but dont keep beeping your horn at me, its irritating. Thankyou"

#32 Canadian Girl

Canadian Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 01:30 PM

Hi everyone.I have an update on my withdrawl.I haven't takeen any Remeron for a whole week now and I am experiencing no side effects.The only thing is , I slept way better while I took it. Now I keep waking through out the night several times.I am sleeping ok though, its just a bit of an unjustment from being able to sleep the entire night without waking except once, where now it is like 5 of 6 times. If I find that I still can't lose the weight then I might just go back on it.But I just wanted to let everyone know that with this particular drug, you don't have to worry about terrible withdrawls.....Good luck.

#33 gigi

gigi

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 04:50 PM

That is just wonderful news, Canadian Girl! Hope that the weight comes off and you continue to feel well.

best of luck and keep us posted.

fondly,
gigi

#34 Autumn

Autumn

ID: 1841

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 03:55 AM

CG -I'm glad to hear you're doing okay without the Remeron.
I know what you mean with adjusting a bit when it comes to sleep. I had the same thing going on. I woke up frequently but I got better after a week or so...
Hopefully you'll continue to feel well!

Gigi - how r u doing?

Love,
Autumn :hearts:

#35 roy100

roy100

ID: 10001

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 09:57 PM

First of all, let me say, that when you are depressed , and can get out of it, the anti-depressant
is a blessing.

After you leave the depression and you start feeling better, then people tend to think " that awfull stuff should be ban" ," I am so glad I am out of it" . But you think that way because you are not depressed.

If you decide to get of Remeron .......( Makes me bored hearing " check with your DR", its is obvious you would do it ) so please dont start repeating and repeating it all over........( sorry) ........... do it , very very slowly, I did it within a month, going down from 30 to 15mg one week , to 7.5mg in one week, then 3.5 mg, and so on........

Well after one month of being great, and thinking I was fine, I took one antibiotic, FLOXSTAT ( ofloxacin) and felt kind of weird, so I stoped after the second day, still was with a sore throat, and decided to use cipro, and felt weird again, stoped after the 4th day. ever since that I started feeling weak, if I didnt sleep well I would feel tired ( depress????) all day........... then started knee pain,( join pain ) ended up with the orthopedic, ( told me I was weak , and needed to exercise my cuadrigemin muscle ( leg muscle ). so I did all this.

I started to feel depress, and worry as if I was going back to depression, worry and worry, heart palpitations,anxiety,no sleep. The Dr told me "I dont see you depress , I see you worry" .......... waited more and more , now it was on the third month without medication.............and I was deep in the hole thinking I had a deadly desease, consulting mediums ( yes, you have seen them on TV ) as to if I was going to get cured, or what was wrong with me........!

Well ,it was the depression hitting hard again, a relapse, plain and simple !!!!!!

Finally back on medication, now its Remeron 30 mg just as in the begining.

The problem I have is that I cant sleep, even with Remeron 30 mg, ! Before my relapse, I could sleep pretty well with it.

Now, I have to add, 10.25 mg of Midazolam, 5 of valium , and thats the only way I can sleep, ( I was even taken ambien, which the dr took away ).

If I knew what I know now, heres is the way to do it:

Take 10 % off from the medicine you are taking every month, yes, that slow, it would take you about 10 months to get off it, but you would be decreasing your chances of relapse.

Be carefull with ANY MEDICINE you take , even when you finish taking Remeron ( be careful for one year ) , because the brain quemistry is so fragil, anything would disturbe it, and you would feel the side effects A LOT STRONGER.

Then if you are going on relapse , dont wait to long, and then try some alternative medicine , as 5htp, sam-e
STJW, or your original anti-depressant, before you fall even lower , than before like me .

I learned my lesson well this time, I know you can get off it, but dont run to fast...!

Also , try Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), so you will change those false believes that people think are wright , and by making the same mistake all over again make you depress, specially when one has the endogenues tendency for depression.

Hope I will hepl some one with these ideas......
Roy100

Edited by roy100, 15 September 2006 - 10:24 PM.

#36 gigi

gigi

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 08:01 AM

thank you, Autumn , for asking about me. I am doing okay and just riding along and my plan is to begin a very slow taper off of the remeron sometime in the next few months. My therapist is actually doing some EMDR with me first , as it is clear that the psychiatrist whom I saw for over a year had traumatized me re: meds. (I was trialed on 16 different meds for depression over the course of a year or so and each transition on and off was a nightmare.....)

I have been relatively happy with the remeron (taking 15mg at bedtime), but the sedation is very powerful and limits my activities very much. I have also been seeing a specialist re: CFS which I was diagnosed with last May. My case is very complex. I feel thankful that I can work my 3 full days as a nurse and take care of my 2 kids, but am very tired of this unmotivated, lead exhaustion, numb feeling...

Good luck to all and I will keep you all posted re: how my course evolves.

gigi

#37 Autumn

Autumn

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 12:40 PM

Gigi - It's nice to hear you're doing okay... but OMG 16 different meds! This must've been hell!
I hope all goes well when you come off Remeron. Take good care of yourself and let us know how things evolve!

Love,
Autumn :hearts:

#38 Daniel_01_05_1984

Daniel_01_05_1984

ID: 11357

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 12:01 PM

I too want to get off of Remeron. I started in May at 15mg, then went all the way up to 60mg (slowly tapering upward tho)... But 60mg was crazy. I went back to 45mg, then 30mg, then 15mg... Now I am at 7.5mg. I don't like feeling tired all day. I have no energy. I take it at night before bed, but still all the next day I'm tired. I have gained 10-20lbs, which isn't a bad thing.

Anyway... I'm tapering off of it. No more for me.

#39 Autumn

Autumn

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 01:38 PM

Daniel :hearts:

I'm sorry to hear you're having a hard time being on remeron. I personally thought that 45mg was the highest dose.
Are you switching to another AD or are you going to try and come off everything all at once?
Tiredness seems to be a common problem on the lower doses...

Keep us posted Daniel!
Take good care of yourself!

Love,
Autumn

#40 TheStoicAgnostic

TheStoicAgnostic

ID: 9479

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 11:45 PM

i ran out and cant get more until tomorrow but it's been almost a week
i can say i felt no withdrawal symptoms
that's great news
but i need to get back on it
i hope the lapse didnt mess up its helping me
All things are our relatives; what we do to everything, we do to ourselves. All is really One

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users