• Announcements

• Lindsay

Depression Forums Are Back Online!   02/09/2016

Hello Members! Please understand that this upgrade was huge and is a process that will be ongoing for a tad longer. Somethings may not seem 'right' or look a bit 'strange' at the moment, such as your profile page or "Quotes" etc.. Some things may not work as expected... for the time being, but please appreciate that we have to prioritize function over appearance. Eventually DF will all come together and be wonderful! It will be as if nothing had ever changed... As an afterthought...DF will be ACCESSIBLE ANYTIME/ANYWHERE
      Whether you’re on your smartphone, tablet or computer, access to Depressionforums.org/forums is right at your fingertips with our new upgrade. The
      refreshing, dynamic look translates across all platforms and devices.
      Come join up, become a member if not already! It’s free to post to your peers about anything that is troubling you.  We are certain there is a Forum for that. Tomorrow we will have a Forum set up for members to answer any questions that you may have about the upgrade. We really appreciate all of your feedback! Your Forum Administrators
    • Lindsay

*As a new member, you will have a limit of two Topics in each Forum   02/10/2016

If you're new to our community, taking the step for the first time to post publicly to a message board can sometimes seem intimidating. Don't be afraid to jump into a discussion once you have registered with us. We have a very supportive community that serves up heavy doses of support, encouragement and enthusiasm. We love meeting new people and being friendly. While we hope that you'll become an active participant and join in our discussions, you're welcome, of course, to simply hang out silently until you feel more comfortable posting a message. *As a new member, you will have the ability to post two active topics in each Forum. You may reply to as many as you wish. Click on "New Topic" or you may "Reply" to an ongoing post. You will get the hang of it if you have never posted in a forum before.   *An active topic is defined as a topic that is on the front page of our busier forums or a topic that has recieved replies in the last 48 hours in our quiter forums. ~Lindsay, Forum Super Administrator
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
downanddirty

Very sudden deep depression

4 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post  

I have just experienced a very, very sudden and severe depression with no explanation. It was like somebody hit the switch and all of a sudden I was so depressed. Severely depressed - barely able to work, barely able to hold myself together. I don't take any medication, usually a fairly happy person even though I'm lonely alot. My husband passed away four years ago and have had my ups and downs with it but not like this. Anybody got any advise?

Edited by Trace
Created Topic

Posted (edited) · Report post  

Downanddirty,

It sounds like you might be in a major depressive episode and you need to talk to your doctor about possibilities like meds or therapy. Are there any specific events that might have triggered your current slump?

Good luck and keep us posted.

-Jill

Edited by Trace
Created Topic

Posted · Report post  

Hi and Welcome to DF downanddirty

I am really sorry that you have suddenly developed a really deep depression. It is not easy to deal with. You have come to the right place for support. I would suggest that you see a doctor as soon as possible for a diagnosis and perhaps get some form of treatment, so that you can start to feel better.

Please make yourself feel at home.

Trace

Posted · Report post  

:welcomeani: Hello downanddirty and welcome to DF.

You might be experiencing the onset of depression which you might need to make an appointment to see a psychiatrist for an evaluation. I am sorry for your sudden change in mood but hope that you will get help before it gets worst.

We have some great resources here that you might want to take a look at. So make yourself comfortable and we look forward to seeing you on the boards.

Lindahurt