Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

Very sudden deep depression

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 downanddirty

downanddirty

Just Registered

• Just Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:46 AM

I have just experienced a very, very sudden and severe depression with no explanation. It was like somebody hit the switch and all of a sudden I was so depressed. Severely depressed - barely able to work, barely able to hold myself together. I don't take any medication, usually a fairly happy person even though I'm lonely alot. My husband passed away four years ago and have had my ups and downs with it but not like this. Anybody got any advise?

Edited by Trace, 30 May 2011 - 02:16 AM.
Created Topic

#2 LaurynJcat

LaurynJcat

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,699 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 04:21 AM

Downanddirty,

It sounds like you might be in a major depressive episode and you need to talk to your doctor about possibilities like meds or therapy. Are there any specific events that might have triggered your current slump?

Good luck and keep us posted.
-Jill

Edited by Trace, 30 May 2011 - 02:20 AM.
Created Topic

"Be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here."
- William Ehrmann, from "Desiderata."  

"Nothing you ever did or that was ever done to you could touch, even in the slightest, the radiant essence of who you are."
- Ekhart Tolle, from _The Power of Now_.    Posted Image   Posted Image

#3 Trace

Trace

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • 52,085 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 02:23 AM

Hi and Welcome to DF downanddirty

I am really sorry that you have suddenly developed a really deep depression. It is not easy to deal with. You have come to the right place for support. I would suggest that you see a doctor as soon as possible for a diagnosis and perhaps get some form of treatment, so that you can start to feel better.
Please make yourself feel at home.

Trace
Listen in deep silence. Be very still and open your mind.... Sink deep into the peace that waits for you beyond the frantic, riotous thoughts and sights and sounds of this insane world. - A course of miracles.

True beauty must come, must be grown, from within.... - Ralph W Trine.

Posted Image

#4 lindahurt

lindahurt

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • 13,474 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 09:46 AM

:welcomeani: Hello downanddirty and welcome to DF.

You might be experiencing the onset of depression which you might need to make an appointment to see a psychiatrist for an evaluation. I am sorry for your sudden change in mood but hope that you will get help before it gets worst.

We have some great resources here that you might want to take a look at. So make yourself comfortable and we look forward to seeing you on the boards.

Lindahurt
Even in the most horrific of situations, one's attitude has an enormous role in shaping what happens ~ Viktor Frankl
In you lies the power to choose, to commit - Stephen Convey

The kind of person you want to become is greatly influence by your inner decisions, and not from outside influence alone. We can even under adverse circumstances, decide what shall become of us ~ Brian C. Stiller

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users