Advertisement
  • No one should be alone in this. We can help.
If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.                                                                            If you - or someone you know - are having thoughts about suicide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Calls are connected to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Photo

100 Mg Of Sertraline

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 lindahall

lindahall

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 12:20 PM

Hi,

I recently just upped my dose to 100 mg of sertraline. I was just wondering if 100 mg of sertraline has helped anyone with mood swings, negative thoughts, anxiety, and depression? I am really really hoping it works because it seems I have lost a lot of motivation to do things, and I am constantly feeling down and negative about my life. I have OCD and I used to take Paxil 40 mg, but it didn't really help me too much. When I first started taking 25 mg of Sertraline in March, I really noticed a difference. I felt a lot better for a few days. Then, it sort of went up and down. I'd feel good, then start feeling moody and anxious again. I have slowly worked my way up to 100mg over the past few weeks and have noticed a little improvement, but I still am pretty negative and irritable. (I also have a very high stress job, which adds to the anxiety). I guess I am just really needing encouragement that this medication can help me. I just want to feel less anxious and have more hope for life. I've read a lot of reviews on Sertraline that says it did not help people with OCD and anxiety, and I just wanted to see if there were any success stories. This is my third day on 100mg and I'm not really having any side effects. My doctor said that I should eventually go up to 150 mg, but that seems like such a high dose.

Please let me know if you have had success with Sertraline. Any experiences or stories would be so helpful. I just want this drug to work.

THANKS

#2 Tim 52

Tim 52

Platinum Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,145 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 12:30 PM

Setraline can be very helpful with OCD and anxiety. Many meds that are helpful with OCD require higher doses than they do when treating depression. it may take a little more time for you to know whether or not Setraline is going to be helpful but it is worth the try because it does help in many cases.

Keep working with your doctor on this. And Setraline doesn't, for some reason work, you have several other options too.

Tim

goldenvelope1jr.gifInformation supplied on Depression Forums by members should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for medical advice from a health professional or doctor. 

#3 lindahall

lindahall

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 12:39 PM

Thanks for your reply, Tim. I just want to know that there is something that will help. I have a lot of negative thoughts, worries about my marriage/job, and other things. I don't expect the meds to eliminate all worries, but it would be great if they could reduce my negative thoughts and fears.

Hope to hear more experiences about how Sertraline has helped people.

#4 starr

starr

Silver Member

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 03:18 PM

Hi,

I have been on a combo of zoloft,abilify and
neurotnin (mood stabilizer) for over 5 years
and I am doing great on it. I am on 75mg of
zoloft which was working pretty good and then
we added 5mg of abilify and all of my symptons
disappeared. I have had more success and less
side effects from zoloft than any other med
I have taken (and unfortunately Ive been on
several) so I highly recommend it. I really
hope it helps you too.

best wishes,
starr

#5 Want2Bhealthy

Want2Bhealthy

• PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 10:24 PM

I had been on zoloft for over 10 years and it was a miracle drug for me. At my highest I was at 300, as I had been on 200 for many years and it wasn't working as well. After being on 300 for about a year I was again able to wean myself down to 200 mgs. where I stayed for a number of years. Unfortunately this past December it quit working for me and they have added effexor to my zoloft - I am feeling somewhat better but nowhere near as good as I felt all those years on the Zoloft. I had no problem weaning off zoloft like it is with some drugs - no withdrawal symptoms whatsoever. One morning you will just get up and feel wonderful and you will know that your zoloft is working for you. Good Luck

#6 shirtydawn

shirtydawn

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:32 PM

hello
i swapped from prozac after four weeks to sertraline 50mg,then upto 100mg after few weeks as the lower dose felt like i was slipping back into low moods again.
iv been on 100mg for 9 days now,most days i feel ok,not jumping for joy but ok,but today iv been very unmotivated and low mood,i just hope its a blip!
iv heard good reports about this med,so im hanging in there hoping it all evens out!

shirtydawn Posted Image

#7 ras2

ras2

• PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 05:49 AM

hello
i swapped from prozac after four weeks to sertraline 50mg,then upto 100mg after few weeks as the lower dose felt like i was slipping back into low moods again.
iv been on 100mg for 9 days now,most days i feel ok,not jumping for joy but ok,but today iv been very unmotivated and low mood,i just hope its a blip!
iv heard good reports about this med,so im hanging in there hoping it all evens out!

shirtydawn Posted Image

i hang in there with you. i too have heard that this is a great med.....am better but plenty of room for improvement.
keep in touch.
rach

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users